• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUGBBS Online Timeshare Owner Forum tops 120,000 users!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
That is just outstanding; the goal for the 2018 is to break 90,000 thousands members.:clap::clap::clap::thumbup:

indeed, at this rate we will hit 90k before mid year easily!

gdstuart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still going strong after all these years, and still 100% free to register.

It amazes me that so many owners come to find help, and so many stay to pay it forward to the next "Generation" of owners looking for help!

you should all give yourselves a nice big pat on the back, that sort of kindness is so rare in this world!

(also a huge thank you to the volunteers who keep this place from coming off the tracks, sometimes people forget they are Timeshare owners just like you who spend countless hours trying to make TUG a better place for all owners!)

:cheer:
Yep, this site is the best. We're in SFO on our return from a week in Hawaii, where the TUG site came in very handy to evaluate the [outrageously overpriced] offer that Marriott put on the table. Never had so much fun saying NO and then enjoying the incentive they gave me! Same goes for our second week at the Westin Princeville. Many changes coming the Westin/Vistana program, and TUG is on top of it, as usual. So so SOOOOO glad I found TUG!!!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
And crossed 87,000 early this morning! More owners finding TUG every day is a great thing!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is so wonderful, 90,000 is on the horizon.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found tugbbs to be much more "nice" than other timeshare forums where all you hear about is how terrible timeshare is. It certainly can be for many, but not for everyone. It's nice to hear from some positive folks as we are. So, I signed up and paid the fee. Glad to help support the site. Hopefully, we can provide some value with some useful piece of info for someone.

I tend to be super obsessive about getting the most value for the least money, so, sorry in advance to those I might annoy! :)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Annnnd as of tonight, we broke 88,000! love to see so many more folks finding TUG shortly after buying to discover the resale market!!!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
And we crossed 89,000 over the weekend! closing in on 90k within the next month or so!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
How many people are actually active on the BBS in the past six months? 90K is a great number, but people don't unregister when they die, sell their timeshares or just stop coming. Just curious how many people are actually active, either posting, reading or logging in.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
not sure, it doesnt give that metric anywhere i can see.

I did find a search that shows 4000+ individual users have logged into the forums in the last 30 days. 3000 of which have posted a thread or a reply.

given there are roughly 3 to 4x as many folks browsing the forums that arent logged in compared to users that are (for example right now there are 460 users reading hte forums that arent logged in vs 160 that are), thats a pretty hefty number of active folks!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
some other nifty stats show (since the beginning of the year) roughly 50 new threads a day, and 400+ new posts every day.

most posts in a day for 2018 was on April 17th with nearly 600 of them.

lowest was feb 17th with 274

Larry M

TUG Member
Reaction score
not sure, it doesnt give that metric anywhere i can see.
I only log in about 1 time in 5, if I have something to post. If the BBS had an option to "Keep me logged in" I would use it and you would have more information.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
I only log in about 1 time in 5, if I have something to post. If the BBS had an option to "Keep me logged in" I would use it and you would have more information.
Ummm... There's a box right beside the Login button that you can check ...

Be sure you allow your system to save cookies from tugbbs.com.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Larry! the board actually has such a feature here:

upload_2018-6-9_14-26-28.png

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ha..doug Tree'd me!

but I posted a pic..so there =D

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I found tugbbs to be much more "nice" than other timeshare forums ....So, I signed up and paid the fee. Glad to help support the site. Hopefully, we can provide some value with some useful piece of info for someone.

I tend to be super obsessive about getting the most value for the least money, so, sorry in advance to those I might annoy! :)

Hi Steve ,
Per at least one of my prior posts /
TUG Brian actually runs a forum for people with mild OCD - who own timeshares
LOL

FYI - I liked your recent pictures & posts from Spain .
Those are on my radar - for a down the road / sometime vacation .

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please spread the word TUG needs 101 new members to hit 90,000.
The one extra is for that skeptical person.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
looks like we hit 90k this morning!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
looks like we hit 90k this morning!

Brian, does your Dad know about these kind of numbers? Is he surprised or impressed by it?

Dave

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I believe he still reads the newsletter every saturday, and we talk regularly thru email (mostly about the grandbaby though).

He is of course pleased that TUG is still alive and kicking =)