• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUGBBS Online Timeshare Owner Forum tops 120,000 users!

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
figured id just add to this existing thread and edit the original post...but we topped 78,000 registered users today!

Still going strong and closing in on 23 years old!

TUG is an amazingly helpful place for those looking to buy into a travel/vacation package. We can only hope that the word continues to spread and save people time, money and the hassle of overpaying. :clap:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I wish every timeshare owner knew about TUG. There are too many companies taking advantage of disenchanted owners, and this forum could help so many of them. A simple internet search is all they need to find TUG.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
hit 79,000 just a few days ago! looks like we might be able to celebrate 80,000 users for TUGs 23rd birthday next month!

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good Job Brian

I'm wishing you luck on your birthday wish of 80,000 members. That's a hell of a lot of timeshare owners. CONGRATS! And thanks for all your hard work. Marylyn

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
doh, we cleaned up a bunch of spam/old/fake/bot registrations before the upgrade...back down to 78k or so =(

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Who is the oldest Tug living member?
That would be hard to tell as not everyone inputs their birth date in to their personal details.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
That would be hard to tell as not everyone inputs their birth date in to their personal details.
Plus, I expect some of those registered folks have deceased. Unless someone knows them and notifies us of their passing, there is no way for us to know.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
strong registration numbers since the upgrade! seems like the new forums are way easier to find in search engines!

back up over 78,000 after the mass delete before the upgrade! outstanding!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am surprised that most Tuggers purchase their first timeshare resale. Because in the early development and years of the timeshare industry in the United States. The majority of timeshare resorts were brand new or converted hotels /motels. There was no resell market. This is my opinion only. We purchased our first timeshare from a developer. But the second one we purchase resale and saved big, big dollars.

I tell everyone about this website and how much knowledge is on this site. I tell them that individual posting on this website are individuals, who exactly owned a timeshare property.

Second thought, I do understand why most Tuggers purchase resell. 78,000 Tuggers represents only a very small numbers of timeshare owners. Thus, Tuggers are some smart educated consumers.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
eh, i wouldnt go so far as to say that most tuggers first buy is resale.

I would say that the vast majority of folks after finding TUG, their next buy is resale however!

also 78,000 only represents this version of the forums, when we moved to vbulletin in the mid 2000s we could not migrate or "upgrade" from that forum software so we had to start over from scratch with 0 =)

add on top of that, the hundreds of thousands of individual visitors that come to the TUG websites that dont join or register, but just get information...and our footprint is a bit bigger!

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
eh, i wouldnt go so far as to say that most tuggers first buy is resale.

I would say that the vast majority of folks after finding TUG, their next buy is resale however!

also 78,000 only represents this version of the forums, when we moved to vbulletin in the mid 2000s we could not migrate or "upgrade" from that forum software so we had to start over from scratch with 0 =)

add on top of that, the hundreds of thousands of individual visitors that come to the TUG websites that dont join or register, but just get information...and our footprint is a bit bigger!
I fit that category. Purchased first one from developer. Discovered TUG years later (I was okay with the price when I purchased). Next 2 purchases were both resale. Saved a fortune thanks to what I learned on TUG.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
... a "bit" bigger...? That's an modest understatement right?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and back over 79,000 as of today! board is seeing incredible amounts of traffic since the upgrade...should have migrated to xenforo long ago!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I wish every timeshare owner knew about TUG. There are too many companies taking advantage of disenchanted owners, and this forum could help so many of them. A simple internet search is all they need to find TUG.
I agree, I found this forum as I wanted to find a way to take more economical vacations and TUG has allowed me to purchase on the resale market 3 timeshares that I love. I love TUG and all of the advice I have received.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Every time I visited a resort I talked about this web site and how helpful it is.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Every time I visited a resort I talked about this web site and how helpful it is.

its no surprise how many folks put "someone I met on vacation" or "another owner I met at the pool but forgot their name" in the referral section when joining!

there is no better advertising than direct word of mouth from owner to owner!

tinkerbell2

TUG Member
Reaction score
its no surprise how many folks put "someone I met on vacation" or "another owner I met at the pool but forgot their name" in the referral section when joining!

there is no better advertising than direct word of mouth from owner to owner!

Thanks to TUG, when I first got into timeshares, I bought resale ....I didn't even know it existed back then... I learned so much on this site and I continue to spread the word !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
[Meant to quote Brian's response that it was over 79,000...picked the wrong quote.]
I get excited every time I login and see the number climb. I can't wait to see it at 100,000, then 1,000,000 and beyond! TUG will get there, and I'll be proud to say I was there when it happened.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Congratulations Brian to you and your Dad. Thanks for all of your hard work in keeping us informed.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
certainly increasing in activity on the forums since the upgrade, we are close to 80,000 now and its only been a month!

you only have yourselves to thank, this forum would not exist without the great folks that participate on it for no other reason than to make the most of their timesharing situation and "pay it forward" to those who are in the shoes they were in at one time in their timeshare journey!

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
The real excitement is whether reaching the 80,000 member benchmark happens before or after reaching the 200,000 Discussion thread benchmark!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
i noticed that too!

500 new posts...or 90 new members!