• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tug - what is free?

#1 Vacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a newbie here, previously from the RCI forum until they ditched it and sent us off to IgoUgo. Well, there's harldy ANY action there, so someone gave me this name, and here I am - almost delighted as I was before.

I'm not ready yet to pay the $15 membership fee to TUG, and from what I gather, this forum is free, but can anyone tell me do you have to pay for the part to get into reading the resort reviews? That's what I really want now. If not...what is the direct link?

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
I am a newbie here, previously from the RCI forum until they ditched it and sent us off to IgoUgo. Well, there's harldy ANY action there, so someone gave me this name, and here I am - almost delighted as I was before. I'm not ready yet to pay the $15 membership fee to TUG, and from what I gather, this forum is free, but can anyone tell me do you have to pay for the part to get into reading the resort reviews? That's what I really want now. If not...what is the direct link?
Yes, membership gets you the reviews and ratings and one free ad. Links are at the top of the page. Welcome aboard, $15 is cheap, give up Starbucks for a day or two.

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
It'll be the best timeshare-related money you'll ever spend!:D

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
You will also get access to the Sightings board, and the ability to search posts with a membership.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I consider my annual fee money well spent. The reviews are terrific. Much more reliable than some of the other websites I have found.

Sheila

IreneLF

TUG Member
Reaction score
and it's more than just timeshares....

TUG can be a great resource on a variety of topics with people all sharing their opinions.

Plus, I get more than the $15 BACK each year in savings, coupons, mail offers and other things I've learned about from TUG members.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I am a newbie here, previously from the RCI forum until they ditched it and sent us off to IgoUgo. Well, there's harldy ANY action there, so someone gave me this name, and here I am - almost delighted as I was before.

I'm not ready yet to pay the $15 membership fee to TUG, and from what I gather, this forum is free, but can anyone tell me do you have to pay for the part to get into reading the resort reviews? That's what I really want now. If not...what is the direct link?

Glad to see you made it over here from IgoUgo! I think you will be very happy with what you receive for your $15 membership!! As I stated over on IgoUgo, the resort reviews are part of the members' only area. It is part of the value received for your membership $$. I hope you will find yourself joining soon!!

Yvonne
aka MilwVon over on IgoUgo

Last edited:

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
And very good advice about oh so many things...including timesharing...well worth the investment.
Connie

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad to see you found TUG..

TUG has saved me about $150 this week alone on car rentals. Reading the BBS will remind you "Oh, I need to rent my car right now for my trips in the fall. Oh, I didnt know Costco had car rental codes. How to compare car rental prices.

TUG will help you be prepared. The first time I saw TUG is when I was planning to go to Mazatlan. I had never been to Mexico before. I was a little uneasy I didnt even know how to get out of the airport to the timeshare. Didnt know anything. I asked for help here. "Fern" the wonderful lady now from Las Vegas but vacations in Mazatlan walked me through everything. She doesnt know me from Adam but she could hear the pathetic cry for help.

TUG told me about the Hawaii Revealled Books. Those books made my trip 10 times better. The parents thought I was a travel agent. No, just read the Hawaii forum.

I learned all about Flagstaff/Sedona/Grand Canyon area from TUG. I learned how to get from the airport to the Royal Mayan in Cancun. It is very nice after a long flight to have someone holding a sign with your name on it. No timeshare sharks to have to deal with at the Cancun airport for me. Ive had help with my son's honeymoon. Wanted to make sure it was safe for two young kids. The list goes on and on.

When I first started out on TUG, I owned a few timeshares, now I own more. The review section has helped me make better choices in my timeshare purchases. Not all gold crowns are really gold crowns. Not all cheap timeshares are worth $99.

An exceptional source of information is found in the review section. They will tell you where they visited and which places they ate at. They will tell you what they liked about the timeshare. That way there are no suprises. For example my Sands of Kahana is a great timeshare, it is rated high on TUG but it doesnt have any air conditioning. I was prepared.

The other members of TUG will be concerned about you. I asked about what to do on rainy days in Hawaii. While I was on the airplane, people on TUGs were wondering if I made it ok because Hawaii was having earthquakes. (Its all in the prespective of things- rainy days or earthquakes) Thats how wonderful these people are.

Keep reading and when you are ready join. $15 is pretty cheap.

Last edited:

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Money well spent

I consider the money to join TUG very well spent. Excellent information on anything to do with timesharing, lots of great tips for where ever you might be travelling and the ability to research the resorts before you go. I believe sites like this need to be supported and am willing to pay to keep them alive and thriving. Hope to see member under your name soon.

Joan:hi:

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
TUG

The greatest group of people you may never meet..........

Joan

roadtriper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome

Even the FREE stuff is worth $15 ! the british have a saying... Penny Wise--- Pound Foolish!
look around the site for a while, even if it was ALL free wouldn't you wan't to help support the folks who are keeping all this here for OUR benefit. Just for giggles, go into a Barnes and Noble and ask to see all the books on timesharing! OK I'm stepping off my soapbox:D Welcome to TUG ! RT

K9HNDLR

Reaction score
And gosh darn it........

...................................People like it:whoopie:

Gracey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Longboat Bay Club, Disney s Old Key West, Wyndham
:hi: Welcome Aboard!

Laurie

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to a fellow Canadian

Welcome. I sure hope that you will enjoy the board as much as I have. One warning - its addictive!:D

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
You got me convinced, I joined the club! Thanks for all your help!

Congrats on joining. You won't find a better group of people!!

I hope you gave a referal to the person who recommended TUG to you over on the IgoUgo.com site. They will get a membership extension for referring you.

Yvonne

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its addicting....Right...

Even the coworkers know about TUG....:banana:

Ask away...and tell us about you and your family....

barndweller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Marla
Go to the red bar at the top of the page & hit TUG Home. Directions for joining are there. Welcome!

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Hi Marla
Go to the red bar at the top of the page & hit TUG Home. Directions for joining are there. Welcome!

Better yet, go to the red bar at the top of the page and hit 'Join TUG'.