• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG Turns 29 this month!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
29 years ago this month my father and a group of other Timeshare Owners began to organize what was originally a Prodigy Bulletin Board System (where TUGBBS came from) composed of a handful of Timeshare owners discussion resorts and Timesharing, into what we now call TUG.

TUG was/is actually one of the very first commercial sites on the Internet and the very first website period relating to Timeshares! TUG is older than any other Timeshare website (and the vast majority of ALL websites period!)

Over the last three decades, TUG has helped tens of thousands of timeshare owners, many to this day remain to pass on the gift of knowledge they likely received themselves many moons ago through the various websites and TUGBBS forum installations we have had over the years.

Millions of dollars worth of timeshares sold and rented by TUGGERS, topping 60 million to date!

the stat we are most proud of though is the more than $19 Million dollars worth of money saved just from folks finding TUG in time to discover the resale market....and thats only since we started keeping track of the numbers a few years ago!

More than that though is the unimaginable value of information passed on and learned year after year through nothing more than timeshare owners helping each other understand and best use this product that comes with no instruction manual. I have even heard in the past TUG is the "owners manual" for Timeshares, and believe it to be true to this day.

This community is truly one of a kind, providing folks lucky enough to find it a place they can truly get help and advice without having to worry about being scammed or ripped off!

Attachments

• 1993history.jpg
    1993history.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 44

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Happy Birthday, TUG! 1993 was also the year I retired from my Navy career. Who knew where we'd be, all these years later? :D

Thanks, Brian, to you, your Dad, and everyone else who helped make TUG into what it is today. I have gained a tremendous amount from spending time here, and I want to think I've been able to give some back, and to definitely pay it forward.

Here's to many more successful years!

Dave

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday, to TUG! Thanks to your father and to all old Tuggers; who had a vision to introduce this website to the general timeshare public.

Wishing TUG, 29 more years of helping timeshare owners. Just remember this.

”Knowledge is Power.” By Bacon.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I think it was about 1997 that I joined TUG. Of course that was a few technology iterations ago. What is this the 3rd BBS incarnation or is it the 4th or more? I think this is the 3rd for me.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ah, the early 90s, when only college students had email (like the mid-aughts, when only college students had Facebook,) and only them and few others had internet access beyond what AOL provided. *sips Ensure* I remember Prodigy, too.

If you've not seen it, Brian, I think you would love the show Halt and Catch Fire, which is really about the early days of personal computing and the rise of the internet.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Congratulations and Happy Birthday TUG!!!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Congrats Brian! Wow, one year away from the big 3-0! :cool: We'll have to do something special next year for the big anniversary LOL. Were it not for TUG I would not have rescinded my initial timeshare purchase back in June 2018 - so I'm especially thankful to have found TUG when I did - and for those who were patient with me during my fledgling timeshare days! :D Looking forward to another 29 years!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
will absolutely have to have a very cool 30th celebration somehow!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 3.03.26 PM.png

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
I came in late, but the information put together by the the pioneers was invaluable in my timeshare education. Congratulations to all. A great resource for the past 29 years. To 29 more (at least)!!

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I first stumbled upon TUG in 1999 around the time I purchased my first timeshare (in South Africa)
I have learned so much from this site! Such a great resource!

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
Thank you to you and to your father. I, like the other posters, am still learning from this fabulous site. Forever grateful! I started looking in 2005 but really, really had to get up-to-speed when my husband wanted to buy from HGVC. I had no clue and we were past the rescission. Your team of moderators and Review Crew are awesome, too. Thank you all!

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Happy birthday TUG! I am relatively new to TUG, joined back in 2011 as I started researching timeshares. Thanks to TUG’s advice, what I ended up purchasing (1.5 years after joining TUG) was exactly what we needed. As a result I am a happy resale timeshare owner after 10 years of owning.

Card is in the mail :)

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I remember TUG from those 29 year ago emails. You have done a great job keeping this site user friendly and full of good advice . Congratulations on 29 TUG Years!

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
TUG was on the prodigy system when I found it. Fern Modena told me about it. We both owned at the Imperial Hawaii in Honolulu. That was our first timeshare - bought it in April 1991. Since then we have bought and sold several.

I sure have learned a lot from the other members over the years. I check it at least once a day. :) There are a lot of great folks on TUG. Some I have met in person and others I have had some great private conversations with and others I love to read their comments.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday. I think I must have found Tug in it's early days after I bought my first 2 timeshares at full price. I began reading,asking questions and learning from TUG posters.
I also began saving money and learning how to use what I owned better. So TUG thank you,Happy Birthday, and keep up the good work. Because of TugI have saved friends and strangers thousands of dollars and headaches that follow. I have and continue to spread the word of TUG and it's fantastic members.

timsi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday!

In business the first 29 years are more difficult. The next 29 just joy and fun :)

Reaction score
29 years ago this month my father and a group of other Timeshare Owners began to organize what was originally a Prodigy Bulletin Board System (where TUGBBS came from) composed of a handful of Timeshare owners discussion resorts and Timesharing, into what we now call TUG.

TUG was/is actually one of the very first commercial sites on the Internet and the very first website period relating to Timeshares! TUG is older than any other Timeshare website (and the vast majority of ALL websites period!)

Over the last three decades, TUG has helped tens of thousands of timeshare owners, many to this day remain to pass on the gift of knowledge they likely received themselves many moons ago through the various websites and TUGBBS forum installations we have had over the years.

Millions of dollars worth of timeshares sold and rented by TUGGERS, topping 60 million to date!

the stat we are most proud of though is the more than $19 Million dollars worth of money saved just from folks finding TUG in time to discover the resale market....and thats only since we started keeping track of the numbers a few years ago!

More than that though is the unimaginable value of information passed on and learned year after year through nothing more than timeshare owners helping each other understand and best use this product that comes with no instruction manual. I have even heard in the past TUG is the "owners manual" for Timeshares, and believe it to be true to this day.

This community is truly one of a kind, providing folks lucky enough to find it a place they can truly get help and advice without having to worry about being scammed or ripped off!
Sounds Great!

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
TUG is coming up on 30 then this year. Oct is the month.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we will absolutely celebrate the 30th anniversary!