• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG Survey for Timeshares! Please take a look and participate in the survey!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Please take a few minutes to fill out this survey, it has roughly 50 simple questions that were created using suggestions and feedback from the community!

I plan to release all the results to the community, it should be a fun project and id certainly like it to reach more communities of owners besides just TUG so share away on your facebook pages/sites/etc!

there is nothing to sign up for or register with etc. This is our first time using this software and are currently under the free trial portion of it, but will certainly purchase as it has been extremely user friendly sofar at creating an online poll/survey!

summary at the 100 survey mark here
summary at 200 survey mark here
summary at 500 mark here

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Good series of questions. But it presumes we bought at retail from the Developer, so questions are a bit skewed. There were no questions about whether we bought resale. I've owned a number of timeshares, both weeks and points. I never bought from a Developer, so didn't ever have a salesperson lie to me about maintenance fees increasing, etc.

Also, question 44 asks what other types of vacations I take. It only accepted one answer, even though several applied.

Dave

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I think I only got 18 questions.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
It was an ok survey. There should be a question on resale versus developer bought, imo.

Bill

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
i can alter some questions, although im very limited as it will erase all the answers to the question itself if it is altered significantly etc.

there is logic in the survey that will skip questions based on answers to earlier questions etc so its not uncommon that you would not see all of the questions in the survey.

I do like the idea of adding resale vs retail, ill see if i can add that one in!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
have made some changes based on the above feedback, it did not appear to erase your previous responses but sadly I dont believe it will let you go back and change your choices (for instance selecting multiple options on 44). I did add a question asking about buying resale vs retail! cant believe that one didnt come up before!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I also imagine that to start, on average TUG members are going to answer some of these questions much differently than non TUG members! I hope to include the survey in the newsletter this weekend for a much broader net to cast for answers!

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought resale on eBay so had no salesperson. I am sure many others bought resale -- somewhere, also.

Question #28: "Do you feel you were misled by your Salesperson?" Answer for me is not "yes" or "no". It is "N/A Not applicable.

edited to add: Question #40 -- no salesperson involved so "Yes" or "No" is an inadequate response. "Not Applicable" is the correct response for me.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yep, i added logic to only display that question if someone now answers "retail" to the "did you buy retail/resale" question!

wont help the 15 or so folks who have finished the survey sofar, but should be fixed moving forward! I hope to get hundreds of results!

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
What purpose is served by question #29: Do you feel ashamed to tell people you own a Timeshare?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its a legitimate question, many folks are indeed ashamed to admit they bought a timeshare given its fairly universal negative stereotype from the general public.

do you just not like the wording?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question #44
Do you prefer your Timeshare to a Hotel room?

Now THAT is funny.

Let us know who is the ONE person who prefers a Hotel room to even a timeshare studio. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
its a legitimate question, many folks are indeed ashamed to admit they bought a timeshare given its fairly universal negative stereotype from the general public.

do you just not like the wording?
Sure, but why "out" them and rub their noses in it? Maybe they 110% use and enjoy their timeshare, but it is their "guilty" (and financially beneficial) pleasure.

Again, what purpose is served by the "shaming" question?

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the survey is intended to be anonymous, no user data/names/etc are collected, nor would any ever be published like that even if it were!

quite frankly its a rather common comment we get from owners themselves on the phone and via email etc...being completely upfront about how foolish/ashamed/etc they feel about buying the timeshare in the first place or similar.

heck look at the username of the brand new guest who joined today just to try to giveaway their grandview unit!

while the average TUG user is likely far more happy with their purchase than most, there are PLENTY of folks out there who do feel ashamed about the purchase.

(and multiple people have already answered yes to the question in the survey)

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Sure, but why "out" them and rub their noses in it? Maybe they 110% use and enjoy their timeshare, but it is their "guilty" (and financially beneficial) pleasure.

Again, what purpose is served by the "shaming" question?
I see nothing wrong with the question. I have often been reluctant to tell people we own timeshare. It isn't worth the argument...

Perhaps "reluctant" is a better word to use than "ashamed".

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Should be a question about resale purchase?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
There is a question [don't remember exact wording], might be #7, that asks if you have been contact by an exit company. I answered Yes, then the next question asks "Did you choose any of these companies". That wording is a little ambiguous. Do you mean to ask if you signed up and paid for any of their services?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I deleted the cookie and was able to take the survey a second time. This time I was presented with 50 questions. Not sure how nitpicky you want us to be, some of the questions had odd wording. There are also a lot of free form answers which will be difficult to aggregate later.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
There is a question [don't remember exact wording], might be #7, that asks if you have been contact by an exit company. I answered Yes, then the next question asks "Did you choose any of these companies". That wording is a little ambiguous. Do you mean to ask if you signed up and paid for any of their services?
That question was "did you choose to use any of these companies", it was intended to inquire if you utilized said services yes.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Should be a question about resale purchase?
is one at the very start, but only if you answered that you were or are an owner.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I deleted the cookie and was able to take the survey a second time. This time I was presented with 50 questions. Not sure how nitpicky you want us to be, some of the questions had odd wording. There are also a lot of free form answers which will be difficult to aggregate later.
its actually pretty neat how it organizes those free form responses, ill certainly post the results when completed!

it is a word cloud that shows how many times that single word showed up in responses, for instance this is one with about 40 responses sofar on "what advice would you give someone interested in buying a Timeshare?"

1654702984009.png

it if course also shows the exact answers in a list as well, but the word cloud is kinda fascinating (at least to me anyway)

and yes, i got a chuckle at "dont" =)

Last edited:

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
You should ask how many timeshares (weeks or week equivalents) you own and provide a 0-10 scale.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
thats a great question, ive added it!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
also please share this link in your timeshare groups/pages/etc. there is no advertising on it, nor any monetary gain for anyone...I will also share all the results publicly at various milestones like 100 responses, 200 responses yadda yadda depending on how popular it gets!