• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG posting guidelines

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
It would appear that a number of individuals need a refresher on the TUG posting guidelines that EVERY SINGLE PERSON agreed to upon registering here to participate on the forums.

here they are for those that dont remember, or are confused as to what behavior is or isnt allowed here on TUG:

https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?help/terms

The rules are very simple! In essence we expect everyone on here to act like an adult and be courteous to each other. There are quite literally limitless places on the internet you can get your fill of outrage and cursing and heated arguments...feel free to browse them at your leisure and get relief if that itch needs scratching...but it simply isnt tolerated here on TUG.

There is a significant difference between constructive criticism and or "creative ribbing" and just being flat out rude or condescending. If you cannot make the determination where this line exists, we urge you to err on the side of caution. As of late we have had a number of issues with a handful of members who seemingly want to skirt and or cross this line, and it stops now.

I value every single persons opinion and input here on the forums, but if you feel that you are somehow immune to the rules you agreed to, or feel they dont apply to you or feel the rules are somehow "unjust"....you are welcome to argue about it privately with me as long as you remain courteous and can have a grown up conversation. I simply wont tolerate or bother responding to you having a temper tantrum via a private message, but I will make an effort to respond to any complaints from any member. always have, always will.

For those of you who have been warned about this previously, I cannot stress enough how your behavior needs to stop. If you cannot find a way to express your opinion or rebuttal without being rude...then we suggest using the ignore feature or simply bite your proverbial tongue and take some time to reconsider your response and formulate it in a more constructive manner. I do not wish to see anyone be prohibited from posting, but I also refuse to allow folks to continue to ignore the rules they agreed to upon joining. I truly hope further action does not need to be taken on this matter.

TUG has existed for a quarter century and gone thru a number of extreme growing pains in regards to forum rules, not too many folks have been around long enough to know WHY certain topics are forbidden, and WHY the posting guidelines exist in their current format, but rest assured there is absolutely no way we would ever go back to the way things used to be.

I am proud that TUG exists as a place Timeshare owners can come to get help and advice completely free, from owners just like themselves. TUG should be a pleasant environment for all owners, but we realize the nature of many timeshare related topics lends itself to confrontation and arguments...that is perfectly fine as long as all the parties involved are able to control their tempers and discuss the subject like the adults they are.

Also it is important to remember that forum moderators are UNPAID VOLUNTEERS whos job is to enforce these same posting guidelines being mentioned in the lengthy post above. they are not here to specifically ruin your day, nor are any of them "out to get you". if you have a run in with a moderator, 99.99999% of the time its because you have violated a TUG posting guideline. Moderators are owners just like you, and as such have opinions just like you, and as such will participate in conversations and threads that apply to them just like they will continue to enforce the rules of this site as written. If you have a problem with the rules, it is not the moderators fault...and any abuse or insults towards them is simply not tolerated under any circumstances (reread the above paragraphs for clarification on what you should do if you feel you want to argue about the rules)

I hope this will bring an end to the recent situations and clear up any misconceptions about this forum and its rules.

Thank you.

Last edited: