• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG on Nightline

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Did anyone else catch the article about timesharing and TUG on Friday night's Nightline on ABC? Featured our very own Brian Rogers, telling the truth about the timeshare industry. Excellent work, Brian! (And boy, you're a lot younger than I thought you were! :))

Dave

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ha yea...and I wish I could say the camera added only 20lbs...man...such is the impetus to seriously go back on my diet.

I am 33 though =)

janapur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I can't wait to see it. Only 33, really?? Wow, makes me want to read your bio and that of TUG. Bravo!

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Excellent story. Great job Brain !!!

Brain please add this video to the ADVICE or the TUG HELP section. This is truly the greatest video on the timeshare industry. This is my opinion only.

Last edited:

maddaug

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was flipping chanels and caught the whole segment too last night. Nice job Brian.
I found TUG after we got suckered ?? years ago. The price for our timeshare wasn't for as much as some people but it was bad enough. We still had time to recind thanks to tuggers our there informing us of this.
Bought resale for a 10th of the price and in FL. where we really like to go. It's paid for and is a great company that handles our timeshare.
So thanks to all you TUGGERS and for this website that helps those
in need.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
GOOD JOB, BRIAN! There was more information in that 4 1/2 minutes than all the timeshare presentations in a year! Thanks. Now to head out to yet another great (resale) timeshare vacation.....

Jim Ricks

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good job, Brian. You told it like it is. Hope you captured a big audience.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
LLW - Thanks for posting the link.

Brian - great interview. I now have an added bonus of having a face to put to your name when I read your posts.

I don't have to tell you what a fantastic resource TUG is to the timeshare owners and users.

Best regards,

Richard

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
I saw it last night too. What a great job Brian!!:whoopie:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you all! I enjoyed doing it....its quite ironic that this all came to be after the reporter (vicky) actually came to me for help with her aunts timeshare.

She bought into a worldmark/wyndham resort new...and was having trouble finding a buyer. =)

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Brian,
Nice to see what you look like. I met your dad a few years back, you know. You don't sound anything like him...did you go to boarding school or something? :doh:

Fern

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
thats pretty funny...people say I sound just like him over the phone.

perhaps I was just nervous in the interview. =)

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Platinum/Founder. Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms (selling). WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Brian, will this be repeated? I would love to see it.

IreneLF

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the link.
Great to see you firsthand - and great job explaining.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian, congratulations! That was an excellent interview and you did a great job!:)

Thank you LLW for the link to the abc site with the full story.

Now Brian, if I had only listened to your advice prior to buying our HGVC! :eek: :D

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson

Wonka

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Fantastic!

Brian, you don't know me...I was a volunteer here before you came onboard full time.

Is there any way to archive this brief video in the TUG FAQ, or somewhere else? It'd be great to direct those purchasing for the first time to the video, or others met while on vacation,etc.

Often, when traveling and trying to help others attending the presentations, they just don't want to believe you about the resale market.

This is on a top-notch station and should get their attention.

Great job on the interview!

J

JoeMid

[Rude personal remarks removed.-DeniseM Moderator]

Did anyone else catch the article about timesharing and TUG on Friday night's Nightline on ABC? Featured our very own Brian Rogers, telling the truth about the timeshare industry. Excellent work, Brian! (And boy, you're a lot younger than I thought you were! :)) Dave
What's all this 50% stuff he was babbling about. Do you know that there's a financial crisis and the world is dumping their timeshares, 0.5% or 5.0% is more like it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Brian, that was way cool! It was nice to see you in person--excellent interview.:)

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian, that interview is priceless! Thanks for a great overview for people to see. I hope it will be preserved here, also, for future education for the uninitiated....and the initiated, too. ;)