• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tug meeting Vancouver Island

timeshare junkie

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi.
Any members interested in a TUG meeting on Vancouver Island? Ideas on location, time of year, lunch, dinner, etc. Informal,info, stories,and fun.

Bill & Linda
Timesharing is a game,learn the rules and play to win.

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Count me in with my DH. In April sometime when everyone is home from winter travels?

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
Sounds like fun

Although my home group is BRMR I am usually on the island in the summer and would love to join in on a meeting. I might soon be an owner at Pacific Shores for July 22-29. So summer time is my vote-majority rules though:D

timeshare junkie

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tug Meeting V.I.

Thanks for the replys. We do Mexico in the winter so spring , summer would be great for us. I'll re visit this thread in March and hope for more input. 3 members is a start , hopefully we'll hear from more.
Bill & Linda

eal

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are home most of the time starting in April, looking forward to meeting all of you!

Calyn79

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes, we'd be interested
home by April too
let us know
mid island would be the best - and mid island perhaps could be considered to be north of Nanaimo. (ya, I know)
till then enjoy :hi:

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My holiday booked.

My DH and I will be on the island from July 9-19. Would love to join a group for supper around then. We are staying near Ladysmith for most of the time.

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Got an idea for location

Have all of you heard about the Crow and Gate pub on Yellowpoint Road. The location is sort of central and if we pick a beautiful day the sitting area outside is wonderful for a relaxing day. We have not been there for a few years but some Brit friends we sent there this summer really liked it so it should still be good.

eal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just had a recommendation from a Cedar resident for this pub on Friday.

We are in town (Nanoose Bay) July 9 & 10 (probably leaving for Calgary on July 11 for #1 son's wedding July 13). I think we are getting close to picking a day and location!

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I nominate Eal

I was at a very nice dinner in Calgary hosted by Eal a few years ago. My Dh still raves about the great dinner and good company. He usually cringes when I tell him we are going out with people I mostly know ex. other teachers:D But he is looking forward to this one.
Here we go. Motion: I hereby nominate Eal to get a Tug together at a time and location which serves her the best. (hopefully around the 9-19:whoopie: ) All in favor? 1 yes (me:rolleyes: ) Any others?

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Crow and Gate pub

If you google this place (the one on Yellowpoint road near Cedar) you will find they have a good site with menu and pictures. The yard outside is lovely and a beautiful place to gather. It is usually crowded by late supper but people are always coming and going so should not be a problem for an early dinner or late lunch. But there are LOTS of good restaurants around, just I don't live in the area so only know of a few.
Pacific Shores also has a beautiful restaurant and since Eal is a member perhaps she could speak to this place. I am sure us Tuggers could even go to a timeshare presentation while we are there:eek: Just kidding...:whoopie:

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not fair to Eal

Ok. I;m sorry. Blame it on all the Xmas choc I ate. It is unfair to put the burden on Eal. If she cannot do it then I will be glad to pick a place and time and do some calling around. I love restaurants but I only know those two. They are both good though. Eal, your call....:whoopie:

sailingman22

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Crow & Gate has great food and old world atmosphere but it would be hard to mingle unless you could snare the long table next to the fireplace. This table would hold 10 -12 at most and this is a very busy pub. Pacific Shores is nice but again you would need a separate dining area depending upon the size of the group.

Old City Station pub in Nanaimo has excellent food and ample room for small parties. Shady Waterfront Restaurant in Qualicum, Dingy Dock floating pub, Grand Hotel and Milano's are some other choices.

eal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think using a restaurant that will take reservations is our best bet. I am happy to book a place when we have settle on a day and time. Personally I like the Bayside Bistro in Parksville...

charjc

Reaction score
Quite new to timesharing, very interested to talk to visit with Tug members.

We will make every effort to attend a meeting if one eventualizes. i.e. count me in.
Mark

eal

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK everybody, here is a tentative plan. How about we meet at 7 pm on Monday July 9 at Asteras Greek Taverna in downtown Nanaimo, 347 Wesley Street (#2 on tripadvisor). We have been there before with a large group and it worked very well, and the food is great. I will make a reservation for 12 (closer to the time) or more people if we generate more interest between now and then.

Spirits, looking forward to seeing you again. Sorry I can't do a dinner any later during your Island visit, but of course the only time I am away this summer is when you will be here!

Here is my current list of attendees:
charjc
eal
sailingman22
spirits
Calyn79
timeshare junkie

Let me know if this will work for everyone. Looking forward to it!

Ann L.

Last edited:

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm there

MMMMMMMM Greek food. Count me and my DH in. Mary

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rats! We love Vancouver Island, and I was about to join the group when I realized we'll be on the Central Coast of CA from 6/30-7/7. That would be cutting it pretty close.

I hope you all have a great time. Jean

eal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jean. We are at Channel Island Shores right now, heading to Avila Beach next week. We are having beautiful weather - we went to Ventura Harbour to see the tall ships today.

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds wonderful. We love Avila Beach, too, but haven't been back there in awhile. Last time, Diamond had just acquired it, and we had a frustrating experience trying to use the "free days" for sitting through the presentation.

We've never been lucky enough to see the tall ships when we were in Ventura. We always go to Harbortown in the Fall.

Happy travels!

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
Somebody want to adopt me? I'll come. Just kidding, but I still treasure my trip to the Canadian Rockies. Gotta get back!!
shaggy

Calyn79

TUG Member
Reaction score
eal; we meet at 7 pm on Monday July 9 at Asteras Greek Taverna in downtown Nanaimo said:
Hi Ann
For us that would work just fine...will hold the date. We are still soaking up the 'aloha' on Kauai this winter, however, our remaining time is ticking down fast........only 3 more weeks until back home.

eal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greetings from sunny San Diego County - looking forward to meeting you in July!