• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG Marketplace Question

JFriedler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC (Bay Lake Tower, Aulauni, Poly) Coral Sands Hilton Head, Treetops Gatlinburg, Club Wyndham
Hello,
I am a fairly new member of TUG. My husband and I have been researching points systems as well as Gatlinburg Timeshares. We currently own DVC contracts and Coral sands Hilton Head. We just began the purchase process for a posting from the TUG marketplace for Treetops resorts in Gatlinburg. After submitting everything we learned there are concerns with Liberty Consultations. Has anyone had a positive and successful experience? Any advice or estimated timeline when buying from the TUG marketplace? I will continue to read forums to ensure we make sound choices. Thank you in advance for your input.

eschjw

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oakmont
I inquired with Liberty regarding the availability of a Treetops unit offered in the market place early this year. It took them almost 2 months to respond that it was indeed still available. Based on my knowledge the unit offered appeared to be a 3 bedroom loft floating week. They wanted to immediately start a new purchase agreement, but I wanted to confirm my understanding of what was being offered, the fact that is was up to date on fees and asked if a estopel was available from the resort. They never replied back.

Hope this purchase works out for you. If the unit you are trying to purchase is the loft unit and all goes well, you got an amazing deal. I was concerned about the lack of communication with this company and decided not to pursue the purchase. Please post the results of your dealings with Liberty.

KProuty

TUG Member
Reaction score
I inquired about a gatlinburg town square init, got answers, gave them my info. Followed up and then nothing. I got a Fox Run unit from a tugger and everything went smoothly!

JFriedler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC (Bay Lake Tower, Aulauni, Poly) Coral Sands Hilton Head, Treetops Gatlinburg, Club Wyndham
I inquired with Liberty regarding the availability of a Treetops unit offered in the market place early this year. It took them almost 2 months to respond that it was indeed still available. Based on my knowledge the unit offered appeared to be a 3 bedroom loft floating week. They wanted to immediately start a new purchase agreement, but I wanted to confirm my understanding of what was being offered, the fact that is was up to date on fees and asked if a estopel was available from the resort. They never replied back.

Hope this purchase works out for you. If the unit you are trying to purchase is the loft unit and all goes well, you got an amazing deal. I was concerned about the lack of communication with this company and decided not to pursue the purchase. Please post the results of your dealings with Liberty.

We're new to resales. We started the purchase agreement. We have received no updates. The positive is that we also haven't remitted payment. We're still waiting. They were very communicative with us initially. Now we're just waiting for updates....Here's hoping we did not make a mistake.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're new to resales. We started the purchase agreement. We have received no updates. The positive is that we also haven't remitted payment. We're still waiting. They were very communicative with us initially. Now we're just waiting for updates....Here's hoping we did not make a mistake.

You've only made a mistake if you pay them and they string you out for the next six months or a year waiting for them to actually PERFORM.

If in doubt just walk away and buy from a reputable party. Personally? From what I read here I would walk away and do business with someone else.

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
One has to be a member to post ads in the TUG Marketplace - if Liberty Consultations is not behaving well, it may be worth bringing it to the attention of @TUGBrian

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
For comparison, I am using LT Transfers for my purchase (I know they aren’t a broker) and they have been updating every step of the way. The created the purchase agreement, let us know when a signed form was returned, let us know when they received a payment and have answered any questions I have asked. The purchase agreement was signed by both parties on June 17th and all we need to do now is sent the deed off to the county clerk.

JFriedler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For comparison, I am using LT Transfers for my purchase (I know they aren’t a broker) and they have been updating every step of the way. The created the purchase agreement, let us know when a signed form was returned, let us know when they received a payment and have answered any questions I have asked. The purchase agreement was signed by both parties on June 17th and all we need to do now is sent the deed off to the county clerk.
Thank you. The last update we had was June 30th that both parties signed the agreement through DocuSign and that they were now developing the paperwork for the owners to sign to transfer the deed and that it needed to be notarized before being recorded. However, we had to ask for the status. Thanks for the advice!

JFriedler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One has to be a member to post ads in the TUG Marketplace - if Liberty Consultations is not behaving well, it may be worth bringing it to the attention of @TUGBrian
Thank you - I will reach out to TugBrian. Appreciate the direction.

JFriedler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi all,

I wanted to close the loop on this discussion and let you know everything went through with Treetops in Gatlinburg from Liberty Consultants. We received our welcome letter from Treetops yesterday.

Thanks!
Jen