• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TS Value

GG#7

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Gran Solmar
Where do I find the current value of my TS?

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's not really a set or appraised value. Some would say that the value of a timeshare is effectively zero, but you can check to see what similar timeshares (same resort/season/size) are selling for on sites such as TUG Marketplace or Redweek, keeping in mind that you're far more likely to get what's advertised on the lower end, rather than the higher listings that might sit there without ever selling.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can enter your TS on eBay and look down the 'completed auctions' to see what similar weeks have actually sold for. Or not. Keep your expectations in check.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Check Redweek to see if there are weeks for sale at your home resort to get an idea of asking prices. Though, in looking these over, I think the asking prices are very high. I didn't see any recent sales on ebay.

Sell My Timeshare Now is where the truly delusional asking prices are:

Scroll down and ask about the "resort in your profile" in the Mexico forum. There may be other owners who can tell you if you're just going to be giving it away and/or stop paying the fees.
Here is a thread, see posts 2, 6 & 7 for info:

The transfer fee is the killer.

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

For the most part, none have a decent resale value. Most resales sell for very little to free. If it is located in Mexico it likely has very little to no resale value. Facebook resort groups are where people feel there is value so if your looking to find a buyer or price point, that is where I would look first.

Bill

Last edited:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Most Timeshares are worth little or nothing.

You may have a far better response if you let us know exactly what you own, how many bedrooms, and when it can be booked. Also is it every year use or every other year use?

One final question: Is it fully paid off?

NOTE: Do not try to use anyone who promises to get rid of it for you and wants money upfront in advance.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
And I'll add to the warning The Time Traveler gave you. Watch out for any phone calls coming your way that promise to buy from you or sell your TS for way above market value. If there's an offer to buy/sell your TS for tens of thousands of dollars, then it's a scam.

GG#7

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Gran Solmar
Thanks everyone for your advice and check on everything suggested. Per Time Traveler's suggestion, here is additional information. My TS is at Grand Solmar, 1 bedroom, 45th week every year, fully paid.