• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TS Tour Incentives on Big Island

myhottoddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be visiting the Big Island for 2 weeks starting Jan 18, 2008. Staying at Paniola Greens and Wyndom Manuna Village by the Sea. What incentives should I expect from Shell, Wyndom or others? Is Shell still offering $200 plus the Diamond discount card. Also, are there any 2 for one activity or restuarant discount coupons available?

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Last summer (2007) we got a $100 Costco Gift Card from Wyndham for doing a presentation. There were also activity coupons, but we didn't need them. It was very hard-sell and is probably the last one we will ever do.

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would see if Hilton has a promo. We went once and it was really interesting and also low key.
Liz

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I think low key or high pressure is going to depend on the salesman. The last "owners update" we went on with HGVC will be the last owners update we ever do. We've also stopped refering anyone to Hilton for tours based upon how we were treated the last time we did the update.

At this point in my life a $100 offer isn't going to get me off my timeshare couch. 2 hours of my life while on vacation just isn't worth it anymore.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I will be visiting the Big Island for 2 weeks starting Jan 18, 2008. Staying at Paniola Greens and Wyndom Manuna Village by the Sea. What incentives should I expect from Shell, Wyndom or others? Is Shell still offering $200 plus the Diamond discount card. Also, are there any 2 for one activity or restuarant discount coupons available?

Thanks,
Tom

We got the discount card last time from Shell but no cash. Did you ask for cash or was it initially offered? Did you stop at a kiosk or arrange your tour i advance?

We're heading over in March and plan to do a tour or two.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
The last t/s tour we did was in Vegas with the kids. They (Hilton) picked us up in a stretch limo which is why we said yes. The kids wanted the limo ride. Then they promised us a ride back down the strip in the limo. We pressed ahead of time - even if we don't buy? Of course.

Well we didn't buy of course. they tried to say we would have to wait for the limo until others were finished (because we were finished way too early). But they took us 5 minutes later (and gave us our 100 gift). We rode in the stretch limo all the way to the other end of the strip (tipped the driver well), so it was worth it.

Other than that, not worth the $100.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
We got the discount card last time from Shell but no cash. Did you ask for cash or was it initially offered? Did you stop at a kiosk or arrange your tour i advance?

We're heading over in March and plan to do a tour or two.

When we got cash and the card, we did the sign up through a kiosk on Alii Drive and not through the resort (Paniollo Greens/Shell) where we were staying. I can't remember how much cash, but $150 or $200 seems like what I recall it being.