• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trying to Purchase a Home in COVID-19 - Continually Lose Out, with Offers over Asking Price?

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I can see how the floors would make a difference. Area rugs too. We've had several exterior gray houses with red doors over the years. Oh, I just remembered that the exterior of our kitchen house here is gray with white trim and red doors. Until the gray and white bathrooms in our current house, I've never lived with gray interiors but I have grown tired of seeing so much of them in the magazines and on TV shows. Since the early 1980's I've often shopped High Point, NC, once "Furniture Capitol of the World." There used to be lots of outlets and stores. Most are gone now along with a lot of US furniture manufacturing. But I still love to go there and look at furniture, especially right after market. But it had gotten a bit boring with mostly beige and white, and then gray and white furniture. However, it's changing!

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I'm completely good with neutrals because that allows me to bring in different colors in my accent pieces. I need to have neutral large pieces because I like to change my decor every 3 - 5 years and I just can't afford to change out the big pieces. I just repainted my master bath from Sherwin Williams Macadamia to Accessible Beige (kind of boring) but I was able to keep all of my existing 12 year old tile. Ask my husband - this is a full-on miracle. I have been redoing my master bedroom (white, navy, grays) so this bridged the two areas.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
My kitchen and master bath are grey granite and white shaker cabinets. I accented the kitchen with burgundy and the bathroom with royal blue.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're at the point in our lives where we have no kids/pets in the house, so we're looking for a light, bright next home. Bring on the whites and pale greys! I've loved my Federal, Farmhouse, French Country, and Craftsman style homes with their "appropriate" colors and fabrics, but I'm ready for a change and think a pale palette will make a good backdrop for artwork collected over the years.

But, this thread is all about @Sugarcubesea! I hope she'll get multiple over-asking-price offers on her home, so she can keeping moving on!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I love Grey and our realtor told us to paint our house grey and white...every house in our sub that has the grey colors has sold very quickly

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We're at the point in our lives where we have no kids/pets in the house, so we're looking for a light, bright next home. Bring on the whites and pale greys! I've loved my Federal, Farmhouse, French Country, and Craftsman style homes with their "appropriate" colors and fabrics, but I'm ready for a change and think a pale palette will make a good backdrop for artwork collected over the years.

But, this thread is all about @Sugarcubesea! I hope she'll get multiple over-asking-price offers on her home, so she can keeping moving on!
I started a decorating thread in the lounge so that us wannabe decorators could binge, guilt free! Come join me!

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So how is house selling/hunting going? Did I miss an update?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So how is house selling/hunting going? Did I miss an update?
We went this weekend and looked at 3 new houses. One we totally dismissed as it would not work at all for us.
One had potential, but as we were waiting outside to see the home, the listing agent came roaring up and told us the agent in the home showing it to his clients called her as they smelled gas. We decided to pass on set the inside until they get the issue fixed. My realtor called and told me it should be fixed by Tuesday night, so we are going to see it Wednesday. We walked the outside and love the low maintenance it would provide us. The garage was heated and a 3 car, loved that aspect. The two negatives are it only has 1 bathroom and when we stood outside you could see the main road and the traffic. So we are a standstill. We are hoping to get our house listed in the next two weeks. Thanks so much for asking. Last week I worked about 58 hours and now I’m pretty tired.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

PamMo, I feel this thread is for all of us. I really hope I just get asking price. I had a rough week at work so could not work on the house

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think sometimes you need to let go of all the stress. Send it elsewhere and trust your gut. Don’t try to second guess what could have been. You’ve done all the extra steps to get the house ready, so let good Karma and offers come in!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think sometimes you need to let go of all the stress. Send it elsewhere and trust your gut. Don’t try to second guess what could have been. You’ve done all the extra steps to get the house ready, so let good Karma and offers come in!

Your right, I just need to let all of the stress of the house selling, house hunt and my job, go somewhere else besides my body... If only my body would cooperate. I just got the news at an am doctor appointment today that I have Scoliosis. I have had back pain since I was a kid, so I guess I'm glad to know what the issue really is...