• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trying to "Hold"

cpnuser

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
For the last week, when I try to hold or confirm on the page(RCI site) to confirm or hold, the page will not go far enough down to put in my credit card. Can someone tell me what the problem is? Thanks.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
R. C. I. Web Site Has Been Glitch-Prone Since Day One.

For the last week, when I try to hold or confirm on the page(RCI site) to confirm or hold, the page will not go far enough down to put in my credit card. Can someone tell me what the problem is? Thanks.
RCI's web site has been balky most of the times I've tried to nail down reservations. It's been that way since we joined RCI back in 2003 or so. So typically I go as far as I can via the RCI web site, then call up RCI & complete my reservation the old fashioned way.

RCI gives a $25 discount for making Last Call reservations on-line instead of by phone, so when I'm using the phone to complete a Last Call that will not go through on-line, I mention that to the RCI person & get the $25 discount anyway. It happens so frequently that I guess they're used to it.

BTW, 1 of the recorded telephone "menu" options I get when I call RCI is to Press One if I'm having technical issues with the web site. By me, being unable to complete a reservation on-line is a technical issue, so I press "1" & talk to a human being & complete the reservation voice to voice.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The on-line reservation system is flaky to say the least. Last time I tried, everything went OK until I entered my CC information and then the system threw me out with a wierd message. I called the reservations people who told me the system does the same to them too if they unit you are attempting to book has been taken by somebody else whilst you are on-line. It shouldn't be beyond the capabilities of decent programmers to actually inform the user what has actually happened rather than booting them out. We do need to remember that we are talking about RCI here, not a company that cares about customer service.

cpnuser

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hold

I do a lot of my searching for short dated exchanges late at night or early morning when RCI is closed, so I can't call to confirm or hold if the site is not working. When I do call, they have already been taken. It is very aggravating to say the least.