• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[UPDATED] Which Wyndham resorts will HitchHiker71 be at for the remainder of 2023?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I've often observed, after the fact, that many times when we have been at a particular resort and I post something about it - someone here on TUG posts that they were actually at the same resort at the same time. It would have been nice to at least have known this fact ahead of time, as we might have been able to meet face to face provided we could get the respective stars to align so to speak. Nothing obligatory of course - but given my handle is generic and I don't share my private information on this forum - I figured I would post our planned whereabouts at various Wyndham resorts. These plans are, of course, subject to change, but I'll try to update this list by editing this post - or posting subsequent replies with an updated list. Feel free to post your own whereabouts if you so desire - we could even sticky this thread if this idea ends up being popular.

Which Wyndham resorts will HitchHiker71 (and his better half Mrs. HitchHiker71 and/or our immediate family) be at:
  • 05/22/2023 - 06/01/2023: Towers on the Grove (North Myrtle Beach family vacation)
  • 06/23/2023 - 06/26/2023: Wyndham Shawnee (Poconos weekend getaway)
  • 07/07/2023 - 07/10/2023: Old Town Alexandria (weekend getaway)
  • 11/11/2023 - 11/16/2023: Wyndham Rio Mar (Puerto Rico)
  • 12/22/2023 - 12/29/2023: Old Town Alexandria (Christmas vacation)
We will likely add in at least a few more weekend getaway trips in the fall season - likely a mix of the Poconos, Alexandria, and likely Bentley Brook. I will modify this list once those dates have been booked within the discount window.

If you find yourself having an overlap and any interest in potentially meeting face to face - either post back into this thread - or DM me here on TUG - whichever you are most comfortable with. Hoping to meet some of you at some point during our respective vacation travels! :cool:

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I certainly owe you a beer. Or two.

I have PMed you; hope you're not overwhelmed.

Thanks for stepping up here!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Just bumping this thread to the top - Mr and Mrs Hitchhiker will be up in BB for most of next week. If any other TUGGERs happen to be there and would like to meet up at some point, give me a shout on PM to make arrangements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhilD41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
I would love to say hi, but I will be spending next week at The Smoky Mountains resort. If anyone else is there let me know..... Happy vacationing Hitchhiker!

Grace & Peace!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I would love to say hi, but I will be spending next week at The Smoky Mountains resort. If anyone else is there let me know..... Happy vacationing Hitchhiker!

Grace & Peace!

Enjoy your trip to the Smoky Mountains resort! That one is still on our bucket list!

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
Enjoy your trip to the Smoky Mountains resort! That one is still on our bucket list!

Both resorts in Sevierville are great to stay at. The whole area has a lot to do for everyone; touristy places and nature activities. We've been to each resort once and have just moved to western NC so I expect we will be visiting them even more frequently. If you like cast iron, there are a couple of Lodge Outlets in the area. Also the Knife shop is interesting just to go into. Go into the National Park for hiking, etc. Ziplines in the area. When it is warm, go tubing in the rivers. And Dollywood if you enjoy roller coasters. And much more. Knoxville is about 45 minutes away if you want a day trip to a small city.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Jan and Jim are currently at Governor's Green until 10/7. Our next stop is at the Inn on Long Wharf from 10/7-22.

The next few days will be rainy here in Williamsburg. Are there any card players staying here? We play pinocle, euchre, bid 500 and some easier fun card games like golf and 31.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
We are up here at Bentley Brook for a few days before Christmas weekend. Posting a few pics from last night and earlier this morning from our room.

ce11f3bc914f4ec0625ec94642e70306.jpg

a9ea9b07acd77082d37e14f19f6a9f47.jpg

682d1f4fec8f515b9a30cc6e7a5228a9.jpg

440e4ccbb0fde782ff61711629e6e831.jpg

05cd98d55c03e06196091e30c51c3505.jpg

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
One of the days while up at BB we decided to head up into Vermont and head to Manchester for the day. We had a coupon for a Land Rover winter driving experience that we decided to use. My son and I shared the two hour driving experience. For anyone who has any interest in off-road driving, I’d recommend this experience. They run these all year around, including winter and mud season for example. They also have half day and full day driving experiences where you actually go up the mountain nearby off-road. Not cheap but really cool.

You can select any Land Rover model available. We chose the Range Rover (MSRP around 126k).

2db4607a9d75a78c6c974b7ca4f2bb2b.jpg

4a8bec33b606472632ae2bbf458163c8.jpg

874ce817fad8cea1c5bdf6e52bab33a1.jpg

ce124e3aaf255d6aacfdfc7d76ff5bd8.jpg

d499b77092b31c21879ea426314f9af5.jpg

cf7510966985291c3f31e8123a2dcf22.jpg

875c94d3b4b978718621b38307581e28.jpg

ecdd698bfc8d642d768512cd33117ce3.jpg

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
TUGGERs - asking for your learned advice on things to do in MVC PR. Wifey and I are heading to PR for a week upcoming soon - and are looking for things to do. Things we've heard about so far:

• Rainforest
  • Bioluminescent bay
  • Vieques Island
  • Culebra Island
  • Old San Juan (including Flavors of Old San Juan food tour)
  • Run tasting with San Juan artisan distillers
I'm sure many of you have been to MVC PR and have recommendations - let's hear em! :cool: :cheer:

bweltsch

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went on the bioluminescent tour last year and was really disappointed. The last hurricane almost wiped out the organisms and the bay has not fully recovered yet. There is a glow in the water, but nothing like we were expecting. If not a moonless night, you might not notice much, That was a bucket list item for us that did not live up to expectation

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Rainforest (El Yunque) is a must because it is unlike anything most of are likely to have experienced. Hawaii may offer a similar experience. I don't know.

Interesting thing about Puerto Rican rum. The familiar rum here is Bacardi (pronounced bah car DEE). The rum of choice there is Don Q. Don Q Gold is worth picking up a bottle.

When I lived in PR, I was in the Navy and was able to buy liquor tax free. The staff I was on did annual cruises around South America and we hosted a lot of receptions for host navies. Host navy people drank whiskey, meaning scotch. So I bought maybe a hundred cases of scotch, mostly Johnny Walker Red, which cost me $36 per case. I bought significantly smaller quantities of bourbon, gin, vodka, rum, etc., for the gringos. One year I needed some rum so I called Bacardi and asked how much five cases of 750 ml bottles would cost. The lady said it would be $10 per case but asked why didn't I get quarts. A case of quarts cost $10.50. I got quarts.

I was stationed at the Naval Station Roosevelt Roads, which had an airfield, piers, hospital, HQ buildings, housing, and recreational facilities. Vieques at the time had a village at one end. The other end was a naval gunfire range. No explosive ammunition was fired, just inert rounds. Long story short, the Puerto Rican government wanted the Navy to leave Vieques. Eventually, the Navy did but also closed Roosevelt Roads, which meant hundreds of Puerto Ricans no longer were employed.

Last edited:

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
TUGGERs - asking for your learned advice on things to do in MVC PR. Wifey and I are heading to PR for a week upcoming soon - and are looking for things to do. Things we've heard about so far:

• Rainforest
  • Bioluminescent bay
  • Vieques Island
  • Culebra Island
  • Old San Juan (including Flavors of Old San Juan food tour)
  • Run tasting with San Juan artisan distillers
I'm sure many of you have been to MVC PR and have recommendations - let's hear em! :cool: :cheer:
We loved the Sunset Sail on a two mast Schooner. It departs from San juan bay. Awesome sunset and views. Here is a link:

We’ve had mixed success with Bio Bay .. first time in 2018 was awesome but next time in 2021 was little glow and more mesquitoes (I think the recent weather affects mesquitoes).

While in San Juan, there is an overlook area which is the only place you are allowed to feed the pigeons .. quite the ‘attack’ by swarms of pigeons when you are holding a bag of feed they sell for $1.

We took fairy to Culabra Island this year and loved it .. especially dinner at an open air Restaurant La Cucina del Navegante. Next time we’ll book a bed and breakfast to stay overnight a day or two.

While at MVC, eat a short drive up the mountain at Richies .. it overlooks all of Rio Mar golf and condo community with ocean and mountains in backgound .. try pineapple stuffed with rice and beef or shrimp .. beautiful sunset dining open air. Also up on that mountain is a restaurant Terraza Montemar .. awesome view out the other direction also toward the ocean .. we did lunch there.

Rainforrest is awesome especially a short walk up Juan Diego Falls .. there are 3 falls up the trail so I recommend go up to at least the second one.

Puerto Rican bakery in Palmer is local legit and far cheaper than a cinniman roll at the resort. Even their regular coffee is frothed from the capachino machine.

Five Oclock Somewhere at the resort has awesome Nachos and live music some afternoons.

Bob

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Bioluminessence is like aurora borealis (which can can see at either pole), you can plan all you want to see it, but there are a lot of factors outside of your control that play a part.

I have seen both, but find Northern lights even more elusive that bioluminessence. But only likely because I dive more often than I am up north in Canada.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I updated the original post list - reposting it here for anyone interested:

Which Wyndham resorts will HitchHiker71 (and his better half Mrs. HitchHiker71 and/or our immediate family) be at:
  • 05/22/2023 - 06/01/2023: Towers on the Grove (North Myrtle Beach family vacation)
  • 06/23/2023 - 06/26/2023: Wyndham Shawnee (Poconos weekend getaway)
  • 07/07/2023 - 07/10/2023: Old Town Alexandria (weekend getaway)
  • 11/11/2023 - 11/16/2023: Wyndham Rio Mar (Puerto Rico)
  • 12/22/2023 - 12/29/2023: Old Town Alexandria (Christmas vacation)
We will likely add in at least a few more weekend getaway trips in the fall season - likely a mix of the Poconos, Alexandria, and likely Bentley Brook. I will modify this list once those dates have been booked within the discount window.

If you find yourself having an overlap and any interest in potentially meeting face to face - either post back into this thread - or DM me here on TUG - whichever you are most comfortable with. Hoping to meet some of you at some point during our respective vacation travels! :cool:

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
07/10/2023 - 07/10/2023: Old Town Alexandria (weekend getaway)
That looks more like a drive-by than a weekend getaway. At least it's all on a Monday so it will cost less points.... ;)

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
That looks more like a drive-by than a weekend getaway. At least it's all on a Monday so it will cost less points.... ;)
Sorry - typo on that one - corrected. :)