• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trop Depression headed for HI

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Tropical depression headed for HI islands....Mon/Tue (24 Aug 15) timeframe

CP032015W.gif

PDXGolfer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yikes! We're going to be in Kauai next week. Hopefully, it doesn't get hit hard.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Today's weather on Maui is sunny. Weather forecasts do call for rain starting tomorrow thru the week. Watching the news the rain forecast has decreased to showers instead of heavy rain here on Maui.
Speaking to some people that live here when Hurricane Iniki hit Kauai there was only heavy surf here.
Last week the Big Island had some very heavy rains from the last Hurricance that passed by.

PDXGolfer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the report from Maui. How is it today?

I've been trying to follow the forecast and the progress of Kilo for the last few days. From what I've seen, there's still a chance it may strengthen into a tropical storm, but no longer a hurricane. Whew!

On the other hand, looks like it's going to be plenty wet in Kauai this week -- ranging from heavy rain to tropical storm conditions to scattered thunderstorms. Bit of a bummer for our first trip to Kauai, especially with all the outdoor activities we had planned. But we are thankful that, at least, the threat of a hurricane appears to have gone away.

For those who have been to/know the island, any recommendations for outdoor activities you would still pursue despite the less than ideal weather?

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Gosh--just be a coouple weeks ago there was a tropical storm that passed north of the islands. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will miss the islands.

Sterling

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gosh--just be a coouple weeks ago there was a tropical storm that passed north of the islands. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will miss the islands.

Sterling

It looks like it is significantly west of the islands and doesn't look like a high probability of it curling back east as it moves northward.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As of 5 pm today it was much further west of the islands and moving very slowly. Weather stations say they should know the track better by Monday. It is very hot and humid- low 90s on Maui with little of the tradewinds. Even in Kapalua there was hardly any wind. We did have some thunder and lightening this evening and a few sprinkles of rain. I just got a flash flood warning on my cell phone, but that is probably for the mountains. Went up Monday to visit a friend in Kula and it poured for 2 hours. By the time we left we had to dodge potholes and small rocks in the road.

cowboy

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The sun is shining in Princeville, and the media is no longer talking about the threat of a hurricane.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This morning it was pouring with thunder and lightening in Maui. It was much drier in Honolulu

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
We were in Waikiki several years ago during heavy rains, and this is what the water looked like:

2012-03-06%2016-49-34-L.jpg

We didn't even think about going in the water.

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Member
Reaction score
My sister and I plan to be at Paniolo Greens from 9/17 to 9/28. The weather forecast for 10 days shows rain and more rain. Any predictions if we'll get a break in that weather pattern?
Liz

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm on my way home from Maui. I'd say the forecast 12 days from now is unreliable and wouldn't worry too much about it. Also, there are always rain chances in the Hawaiian Islands, but that doesn't mean the driest part of the island will necessarily get rain. I saw that on Maui over the last three weeks. It rained somewhere, but Ka'anapali was mostly dry, except for a few short-lived sprinkles. Paniolo Greens is near Waikoloa, which is pretty dry.

Good luck!

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, the specific forecast through 9/13 for Waikoloa Village shows rain. I will bring cards, videos and travel scrabble. I go to swim, so I hope the surf is ok around 69 beach.
Liz

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Seems like every year that we go to Hawai'i there's a tropical depression. Usually hits about two days before our return flight.