• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Treveler555 Ebay Scam Warning

21GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is an older posting regarding this Ebay user but thought I'd post again. I appear to have been scammed by treveler555 via Ebay about 3 months ago. After negotiating price on 500k Wyndham Club Access points, I received a docu-sign contract for the same from a Jon Lawson on-behalf of Community Vacation Property LLC in Kingwood Texas at 3296 Hidden Glen Drive. It sure seemed legit and the Texas Department of State showed that the LLC is registered in Texas at this address. I was requested to make the check out to True Vacation Solutions LLC which I did. As the clock ticks past 90 days and I've tried to get more updates, I am unable to get a hold of anyone and the telephone number I was provided for Jon Lawson is disconnected. As best I can tell, True Vacation Solutions LLC (that I wrote the check out to) is owned by a James Ieva and will be trying to find contact info to use to reach out.

UPDATE -- It would appear that the individual using the treveler555 account disappeared and no longer has a relationship with the LLC thus the lack of communication. I spoke to James (Jim) Ieva this afternoon and the file is actively being worked with Wyndham. I'm cautiously optimistic that this will end well at this point...

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting! There are so many fly-by-night and serial scammers out there, it's very helpful to keep a record of questionable sellers up to date to warn other buyers. If you're within 90 days of the sale on eBay, you should post a negative rating. Do NOT trust what you're told by the seller. They will give you empty promises and drag the "closing" past the time you can write a review on eBay or get a refund on your credit card. I do wish you good luck, but it sounds like you will need to stay on top of this, or you could be just one more victim of timeshare fraud.

Warsantino

Reaction score
I hate to tell you good ole Jim is doing this to everyone. He got me. The same story he is telling you he did to me a year ago. He has a long history or this. He has a wife that’s a school teacher in Texas so I contacted the school board in an attempt to get my money or Timeshare from these thieves. If you need that information I’m more than willing to post it for you.

Warsantino

Reaction score
Also if anyone else out there this happened to lets post about this individual. He’s a complete liar and theft. He has at least 5 other Ebay accounts and a few alias’s he using.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you use the USPS to mail them the check?

Do you have a bank account where the check was deposited or a check cashing service location?

Mail fraud is a crime ... and not a state issue. And with a bank account, the IRS can get them for unreported income(s).

Al Capone was done in by the IRS .... and having all these eBay accounts ids will help in providing a more permanent address and just one name (a set of numbers).

Warsantino

Reaction score
Did you use the USPS to mail them the check?

Do you have a bank account where the check was deposited or a check cashing service location?

Mail fraud is a crime ... and not a state issue. And with a bank account, the IRS can get them for unreported income(s).

Al Capone was done in by the IRS .... and having all these eBay accounts ids will help in providing a more permanent address and just one name (a set of numbers).

Jim asked me to send him a picture of the check front and back and said this was good enough. He then deposited in his bank account which was Bank of America the same bank I use. I contacted Bank of America they did a investigation and said because I had the intent to buy they can’t do anything. I also contacted the Texas Attorney Generals office and told to fill out an online form. Nothing happened with that either I believe. Now trying to figure out what to do at this time. Contacting the IRS is an interesting option. Could you explain further. Furthermore, this guy has numerous Ebay accounts, LLCs and is continues stealing from everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got scammed by a notoriously bad eBay seller out of Sevierville/Pigeon Forge, Tennessee (I should have done more research on Redweek4Less/IA Vacations/VP Title before I bought) several years ago. I wrote letters, filed formal complaints, posted online, called everyone I could think of to help get my money back, put the seller on notice, and try to shut them down. I was furious with myself for getting scammed, and was like a dog on a bone. The TN Attorney General, Knoxville FBI regional office, US Postal Service, BBB, local police, eBay, etc. all heard from me. I sent in all the documentation that they requested. I was even asked if I'd go to court, and yes, I would do that.

Warsantino, doing just what you're doing now, helped me connect with other victims, and we got the attention of the local police - one in particular. We finally got our money back after the police went to their office for a chat. Unfortunately, the Seller went underground for only a couple of months, and then popped back up again under a different name (although Hope at VP Title is still around). That's why I think it's really important that we keep the names of these scammers as visible as possible here on TUG.

Thanks for posting about your experiences with Treveler555.

Warsantino

Reaction score
PamMo I also took your advice and contacted Houston FBI office. They asked me to fill out an online complaint and It goes to an agent. So that’s what I’m doing. I hope this also helps out others.

21GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
...well not going to turn out well after all. We are now at the 5 month mark and still no timeshare, no contract number, no seller name, no estoppel, etc. etc. etc. As such, we have decided to take this matter to the courts. If you have any interest in taking the time to prepare a small signed write-up as to how you were scammed by Jim and the circumstances please message me. (e.g. Date of purchase, Ebay auction number, docu-sign purchase agreement number, phone number you texted the check to, etc.). I'm certainly willing to do the same for you. We also filed complaints with the Texas AG, Houston FBI, and Houston BBB. I have requested a BBB profile be setup for True Vacation Solutions, LLC. so that others can report/view feedback on the company. Also, there is now a website for the company http://truevacationsolutions.com . I can confirm that Jim is getting emails from the website contact form and they are going to truevacationsolutions@hotmail.com which was used in our transaction. To the point PamMo made, it isn't the amount of money in my case it is more about justice and that this kind of fraud can take place with no legal ramifications or repercussions...

P.S. treveler555 has been de-listed from Ebay. When I contacted the Ebay fraud department they confirmed there were multiple complaints regarding the account. Evidently there was finally enough to get it shut down...

P.S.S. Texas AG, Houston FBI and Houston BBB contact info below:

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/cpd/file-a-consumer-complaint

https://tips.fbi.gov/
  • BBB of Greater Houston and South Texas
  • 1333 West Loop South, Suite1200
  • Houston, TX 77027
  • Phone: (713)868-9500
  • Fax: (713)867-4947
  • Email Address: info@bbbhou.org

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hate to tell you good ole Jim is doing this to everyone. He got me. The same story He has a long history or this. He has a wife that’s a school teacher in Texas so I contacted the school board in an attempt to get my money or Timeshare from these thieves. If you need that information I’m more than willing to post it for you.

I have no dog in this fight, no involvement (or much interest) in this matter and I am certainly not offering any legal advice here.

That much clearly stated, you might want to consider the potential legal ramifications of publicly posting personal information in a clearly disparaging context about someone (specifically, the schoolteacher wife) who may not actually be involved in any way with (and may not even be aware of) your transaction issues with "good ole Jim" or his business practices.

Free speech is your indisputable right. Libel and / or slander is not. If you want to share personal details about a (possibly completely innocent) person, it might be best to do so via "private conversation" rather than via Internet "billboard". Just sayin' --- food for thought. Your call. :ponder:

Last edited:

Warsantino

Reaction score
All I want is justice and my money back. I’m truly irritated by how this has taken place with me and others. With that being said I agree with not posting personal information about certain issues with what I’m going thru. Lastly, thank you for your concerns with this matter and the advice.

Warsantino

Reaction score
21GT has Jim contacted you about wanting to resolve the issues you have with his business and business afflicts. He sent me a refund request form. But with that said he wants me to sign it first before he actually agrees to give the refund back. Just checking in with others that this has been happened to.

glscrambled

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney
Has 21gt or warsantino got anywhere. I believe I just got scammed with this same scenario as 21gt.... I’d really like my money back and justice would be nice so this doesn’t continue, has anyone got anywhere??

Warsantino

Reaction score
No I haven’t had any luck yet but building a nice case. Several other people this has happened to and they also want justice.

glscrambled

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney
They have actually been responding to all of my calls and emails, however, once I saw this post I got scared due to also some waiting for the transfer process to go through, but we are working toward a resolution and I am confident it will be resolved after all my answered communication. I have a different situation and I feel I am in good hands waiting for the timeshare to close.

igotyou

Reaction score
They have actually been responding to all of my calls and emails, however, once I saw this post I got scared due to also some waiting for the transfer process to go through, but we are working toward a resolution and I am confident it will be resolved after all my answered communication. I have a different situation and I feel I am in good hands waiting for the timeshare to close.

Yeah That's what I thought too. Good Luck my bet is you never get that Timeshare. I never got mine or my refund.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Yeah That's what I thought too. Good Luck my bet is you never get that Timeshare. I never got mine or my refund.

Human nature is a funny thing, hope springs eternal. Scammers take advantage of that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
shame they didnt put more effort into fixing the problems they had as they did in threatening people with "lawsuits" :(

Warsantino

Reaction score
Man aren’t you correct. But they think they are the victims.

igotyou

Reaction score
shame they didnt put more effort into fixing the problems they had as they did in threatening people with "lawsuits" :(

I asked him about this forum and he said oh you were removing the posts about him because they were not true and he could prove it yet here I am another victim.

igotyou

Reaction score
Jim is a sly talker makes it sound like he is legit but when push comes to shove he will get a nasty attitude when you bring up your uneasy feelings about him.

igotyou

Reaction score
Jim, You just broke a huge rule in business, confidentiality. You are the business owner and everyone knows this. You just gave up our Personal Info to the world, Which is OK for the purpose of this, now they can check our character. You cannot make payments for a year to me. I want back the refund you said you were giving, not $500 a month. I paid in full, return should be in full but you can't provide that even though you said everyone was on board with a refund. Does this make sense to anyone, get payments for something you paid for in full?

You try to play the victim card but you are not out any money and are not giving back what is rightfully ours.

I don't see our refund coming anytime soon. It's been 2 months since you told us you would have it in 2 weeks.

You try to write these huge stories "Books" and for what, just do the refunds and we will leave it alone and you can go on with your "LEGIT" business...

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
post removed due to posting of personal customer information.

we would suggest putting more effort into fixing the problems these owners have.

Reality555

Reaction score
123gotya, simply contact us directly. We have already refunded you our portion and given a guarantee on the rest. We will be glad to talk with you should you contact our offices as instructed in the letter with the refund. You left it with the owner that we would hear from your attorney. We prefer to make arrangements for your refund. That will not be accomplished on this forum. Please contact us directly.

Future and current clients. If you have or are in the process of purchasing a timeshare from us, please note the minimum timeshare transfer time is 90-180 days. If you need your timeshare sooner, please do not purchase. We say the timeshares take that long to transfer because they do.We offer a 100% guarantee on files we close. This does not mean at 85 days, you can just decide you dont want it anymore. That is what 123gotya has done. However in the case of 123gotya and her cancellation we made an exception assuming we could do a voluntary refund. That has backfired. The point is there are lots of facts being ommitted and these posts are slanderous and do not tell the whole story.

Warsarintino- I thought we were agreeing to refund terms. You say thats what you want to. We are more than willing to make arrangements for your refund but not through this forum. Stop slandering us while we work out arrangments for your refund please and contact us directly. We will not respond to you via public forum in the future.

It is important to note the creator of this chain 21GT received a full refund March. His file was not even 120 days old when he received his refund. He was not at even 60 days when he was scared by Warrsarintino into thinking he was scamme d. He requested TUG remove the post which contains one of our owners personal names since his issue was resolved . The name and the post still remain. This is despite according to 21GT his request to remove them. The point is, he has received a 100 percent refund. This being despite his not understanding the timeframe involved being disclosed by both his seller and the closing company.

Any future or current clients who are feeling scared by this thread, please feel free to contact us directly so we can help you understand where your file is at and what to expect. The truth is if you freak out and threaten to sue us as both warsarintino and 123gotya have both done, thats the only thing that can complicate your refund should your new ownership not be transfered.

We welcome update requests. We also welcome anyone who feels there is an issue with there file or just want to know whats going on to contact us through this board using the message system or preferabally through the contact information in your agreement. We will not further address complaints made on this public forum.Thank you

Last edited: