• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

    Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

    Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

    Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

    Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

    Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free!

    60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

    All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Traveling with your kids friends..........


Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Jul 2, 2008
Reaction score
New England
We are at the point now that DD (14) would like to have friends along when we travel. (she is an only child). Is there a legal type of document that would be helpful to allow us to make decisions for the friend?

Example: Last trip was about 3 hours away (easy enough for parents if an emergency) but I still had to find parents and have them e-sign parent/guardian forms for things we did like zip lining and off road courses. I of course asked parents if ok before we committed to anything.

DD is now asking about vacations that we need to take a flight to. Do I need/should I have some sort of document that allows me to take someone elses child on a plane. What about medical decisions if something where to come up??


TUG Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reaction score
Best to have the other family join you. Thankfully I have twins. We have brought others and no problems other then miss their mom in one case, our niece at 6. But thankfully nothing bad has happened (all family) where we live no need for flight for friends when they want to bring them. A hard no would be easy as it’s out of the country.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Jun 17, 2010
Reaction score
Tamarac, FL
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Our son is an only child and when he was growing up we sometimes took a friend for him. We had the friend's parents give us a signed limited medical authorization to seek treatment and a copy of their insurance card.

I don't know about the legal ramifications but just winging it (pun intended) for flying within the U.S. I would print out a copy of the child's flight confirmation and have the parents write something like this on it. Our daughter, name, has our permission, names, to accompany, names, on this flight. Then take it to their bank and have it notarized. Banks will notarize for free for their customers.


TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Jun 6, 2005
Reaction score
East Coast
My son was the only child and I agreed with just about every post above posted. However, if this so called friend have any behavior issues known. The answer is NO !. He / she cannot travel with us.
I feel you need something in writing from both parents or guardian stating that they give permission for their child to travel with you on a plane ( with the airline name & ticket #'s) and on this timeshare vacation trip. You should have a current hospital medical card from the parents; given you permission to use it; just in the case of an accident; plus a list of all medication that their child are on and if they have any known allergies to food or medications.

You should have something in written who you are, where you are going, what airlines you are using and a return day of the vacation.
You should include your name and cellphones number and the name of the timeshare resort.

You should have both parents cell phone #'s or landline # in case of an emergency or if child is misbehaving. Tell the child parents to give their child some spending cash or a debit credit card so their child can feel independent. Please have everything witness and notarized. Be safe and enjoy your vacation.