• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Travel time

Teddie2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coral Reef Hilton Head, Indian Wells Condoshare
If I have an 8:30 AM inter island flight and I am staying in Princeville --needing to drop off a car rental .what time do I reasonably need to leave for the airport
Not sure how long the drive is to the airport and how difficult car rental drop off is and then how much time to get to the airport for check in?

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you do online check-in, I would leave around 6AM. At least on Hawaiian, there's a separate short line for bag drop-off if you use online check-in.

I think they moved the rental car pickup/dropoff since I lived there, so you probably have to take a shuttle. The car rental companies aren't far, but you might have to wait for the shuttle.

Princeville to the airport should take around 45 minutes or so.

Last time I used Hawaiian at Maui, the check-in kiosks weren't working, so you may not be able to depend on them.

If you can do online checkin and leave around 6AM, you should have plenty of stress-free time, even if there are long lines, etc.

-David

Last edited:

Hawaiibarb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a thought....

Keep in mind you will hit rush hour traffic going toward Lihue.....not like what we have in Honolulu, but it can definitely slow you down. I had it delay us more than I expected the last time I was there.

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind you will hit rush hour traffic going toward Lihue.....not like what we have in Honolulu, but it can definitely slow you down. I had it delay us more than I expected the last time I was there.

They used to have contraflow towards the airport in that direction when I lived there. If they don't have it anymore, they probably finished widening the highway. There's also a bypass road when you get into the town on the way to Lihue.

I don't think the traffic will be a big deal at that time.

-David