• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Travel Plans Summer 2020?

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
With my kids relegated to home confinement and my employer enacting work-from-home for the foreseeable future, I figured I would avail myself of a few "mixed use" driving distance trips over the next couple months. Since I can now work from anywhere, and my kids are going stir crazy, I now have three fabulous II exchanges booked between Memorial Day weekend and Fourth of July, Marriott Newport Coast, Four Seasons Scottsdale Troon, and Marriott Desert Springs I (Palm Desert).

I will work a few days and take a couple vacation days off during each of the weeks. I am not setting high expectations for access to many services onsite, but it will be a welcome respite from the monotony at home. We will continue to wear masks and practice social distancing in public.

Anyone else planning to get back out and travel anytime this summer?

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We have a week booked in Big Bear in June and maybe Park City if Hawaii doesn't work out in August. Sept will hopefully be in Tahoe. With the exception of Hawaii we are sticking to drive-to locations in case things change.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Not us. First of all we usually don't travel during the summer, we like staying here during that time. Second dh does not want to plan any travel at this time.

Last edited:

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
For us, it was going to be Europe and Hawaii. I'm not putting my family on an airplane, so those are canceled. Right now, we're looking to do something similar to what you're doing. We're planning a couple of road/camping trips throughout the southwest. We'll be watching how this COVID-19 situation develops and will adjust/cancel our plans accordingly. But as for our original plans;
1589077182642.png

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
My family is getting together with my mother and my siblings (plus spouses, our DD is the only child on that side of the family) at the end of July at a lake resort in Minnesota. We are all driving (900+ miles one way for us), and will be renting a large cottage at the resort for all of us. We can cancel 3 weeks prior without penalty, so we will make our final decision at that time based on the status of how "open" things are in July. We just lost my Dad in December and my Mom is 83, but she is comfortable traveling (only about 100 miles for her) in July, and she wants to get together with her family.

Kurt

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Not until August... driving to Marco Island.

Polly Metallic

Official TUG Pool Recruiter
TUG Member
Reaction score
If the resort opens, New Hampshire in mid June.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, we have not really traveled during the summer in quiet a few years - unless it was a cruise. No school schedule to worry about.

We will take day/overnight/weekend trips with the kids and grandchildren during the summer. We might start to travel with them down the road during the summer if we want to do something together since school has already started for some of the grandchildren.

We were planning this summer - the new Legoland Upstate and possibly Dutch Wonderland (we went many years ago with our own kids) - but as of now, all this is out the window. We will be enjoying our pools at home.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the borders open into Europe, lots of trips booked . I am not canceling them unless nobody opens up. Bavaria, "Bitte" let me in Danke !

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Last weekend in May to get my Seaplane Rating in Winter Haven FL.

Cheers

Brett

Reaction score
We usually go to some place in the northeast in the fall, not sure that's going to happen this year

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was scheduled to go to OCMD over Memorial Day. RCI Exchange was canceled by the resort last week. Just rented a house in OBX for the week for same timeframe. Looking forward to it.

Also have an RCI exchange to Little Gull Resort the end of August.

Mark

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
I will likely head for the NC wilderness where a friend is building a camp. easy to socially distance with just 2 of us and over 30 acres.... she needs a farmer to homestead, and maybe that will be me, eventually, but for now, I just need to get some food going down there. Not sure how long I would stay, maybe 2 weeks. It gets a bit difficult for me to live off grid sans running water, but, I don't mind some primitive living for a while. It's good for me. I may end up selling my life up here in a year or two and building a cabin on her land. Pandemic has changed all my life plans. You know, like it has for everybody!

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
We have our timeshare week in Myrtle Beach reserved for 7/26 to 8/1 with flights booked. I'm still not sure if it is going to happen.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I will likely head for the NC wilderness where a friend is building a camp. easy to socially distance with just 2 of us and over 30 acres.... she needs a farmer to homestead, and maybe that will be me, eventually, but for now, I just need to get some food going down there. Not sure how long I would stay, maybe 2 weeks. It gets a bit difficult for me to live off grid sans running water, but, I don't mind some primitive living for a while. It's good for me. I may end up selling my life up here in a year or two and building a cabin on her land. Pandemic has changed all my life plans. You know, like it has for everybody!
What an awesome plan. Country and rural living may boom, over the next few years. Go for it!

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
With much already cancelled or altered significantly, here's what my current state of (vacation planning) affairs are for 2020:

June 25 - July 5 Road trip to Rocky Mountain NP
July 11 - July 26 Alaskan RV Adventure IV
Sept 26 - Oct 4 Road trip to Great Smoky Mountains NP

Still much uncertainty . . . the first trips are probably only 50/50 to happen.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Hopefully the borders open into Europe, lots of trips booked . I am not canceling them unless nobody opens up. Bavaria, "Bitte" let me in Danke !

So many unknowns regarding travel to/from Europe....for us it would be France only beginning early September and returning the 19th. We already cancelled a European cruise and hotel reservations pre & post, but have not yet moved our UA ff flight from CPH to CDG or cancelled our AA ff light back from CDG on the 19th

Which if any EU countries will let in US tourists?
Will we have to quarantine on arrival?
If we can visit, what will the flying restrictions be?
Will we be quarantined when we return?

With British Columbia forbidding tourists for the remainder of 2020 and Maine enforcing stay-in-place 14 day self-quarantine for visitors, and other states/provinces/countries likely following suit, I just don't see much hope for travel to Europe for awhile.

geekette

Reaction score
From the stay-at-home humor thread.
GRD (Garden)
BTH (Bathroom)
BRD (bedroom)
!! Love it!!! had not read that thread.

I honestly figured they were either airport codes or some of those uber high end resorts that some people seem to know by initials, but not me.

Ha!

geekette

Reaction score
So many unknowns regarding travel to/from Europe....for us it would be France only beginning early September and returning the 19th. We already cancelled a European cruise and hotel reservations pre & post, but have not yet moved our UA ff flight from CPH to CDG or cancelled our AA ff light back from CDG on the 19th

With British Columbia forbidding tourists for the remainder of 2020 and Maine enforcing stay-in-place 14 day self-quarantine for visitors, and other states/provinces/countries likely following suit, I just don't see much hope for travel to Europe for awhile.
I will add another monkey wrench, only because when I looked into taking a trip to Cape Town a few years ago (a friend was offering me her guest house!), there was a lot of vax necessary (I knew this from a monthlong safari my brother had taken so was prepared). I would suggest when things open up, keep an eye on "health requirements". If I were border agent, I'd want to see proof of negative test from one of some select group of "accepted tests".

Quarantine would suck. I would hate to make it all the way to my destination, yet, unable to explore it.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

For these reasons dd and I are seriously considering moving our river cruise from 2021 to 2022.