• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Travel medical insurance.......the real question

stugy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I really think we need to purchase this medical insurance for our trip to Mexico. I got in touch with AA and they gave me the info on the company they use.....then I used google and did a search on travel medical insurance reviews.........well, the one AA uses had one review and that person had a medical problem that was not covered. Many of the others had positive reviews, but there were not claims. The price was right, the personnel were nice, etc...........so I need to know if anyone has ever purchased and USED travel medical insurance and what was their experience. I sure don't want to spend a couple hundred bucks for no coverage. thanks for any help on this
Pat

loosefeet

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I used Travel Guard for a trip to Guatemala with my young son. He got sick--traveler's diarrhea, so we decided to go home early. I didn't want to be in the middle of a jungle with a sick boy. We had to pay abit to change tickets, etc...wasn't too much. Did lose on tuition we paid for a Spanish Language instructional program. I kept my receipts, and turned them in (by fax) along with a doctor's excuse (our doctor here in the States) stating my son had a gastritis. They reimbursed me for the travel change expenses and the tuition. So, I was happy. They'll question you...and want receipts and a doctor's evaluation, but I wasn't hasseled too much to get a check.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
VacationGuard is the first true timeshare insurance, covering trips to your home timeshare or exchanges (but not rentals) to other timeshares. Medical evacuation and some medical expenses are covered.

For general travel and related medical insurance coverage, please see this post, which describes and has links to three of the major travel insurance companies and to a site that compares policies.

Each company's policies vary and each company has several different policies. Some cover pre-existing conditions, some don't. The limits vary. The prices vary. Etc.

However, if you get the policy that's best for you from one of these companies, you'll be buying from a trusted company.

stugy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is exactly the information I wanted...........thanks so much Dave. I will check into it.........that would replace our usual insurance through RCI that we often take because of relatives in poor health..........and even with as much as we travel, it's only $199 a year..........hot dog. Mucho Gracias