• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Travel and leisure update

Laika_1

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Kingsgate
We were just in an owner update after taking over with Wyndham ovation. I guess open enrollment for this new website and the travel and leisure stuff happened last October when we were in ovation. They are telling me the new program involved a loan + interest equal to your maintenance fees and then you get that amount back as a maintenance fee credit. Is this program worthwhile? Is the new website worth using over the old one? I know they were trying to sell me. What is the bait and switch here?

Is this just like a permanent Travel Up account? What’s the point if I’m reading $15 a month sub?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Wait, so you gave your timeshare back via ovation and then you went to another sales meeting?

Stop, do not pass go, and do not give them so much as a dime.
I’m surprised they were even asked. I thought Ovation/Certified Exit was an automatic “do not ask” card.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
You cannot be seriously thinking of buying after giving back what you had. Apparently you didn't like it enough to keep it the last time. Don't fall for it. If you want a timeshare, look elsewhere and at resale.

troy12n

Reaction score
There was a post on one of the facebook groups this morning by someone who "converted" their PCB deeded to Nashville deeded because a salesman convinced them of all this "travel and leisure" smoke and mirrors nosense.

I cringed and made a couple posts trying to convince them to rescind.

You know at some level, this really is fraudulent sales by them. Because no matter how they try to spin it, an argument could be made for converting from deeded to access if your personal use case dictates this might work to your advantage, despite the increase in MF. But to convert (read: sell) your PCB (extremely LOW MF) to Nashville, which has pretty high MF is downright just acting in bad faith to try to get a sale, and hence, commission...

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
We were just in an owner update after taking over with Wyndham ovation. I guess open enrollment for this new website and the travel and leisure stuff happened last October when we were in ovation. They are telling me the new program involved a loan + interest equal to your maintenance fees and then you get that amount back as a maintenance fee credit. Is this program worthwhile? Is the new website worth using over the old one? I know they were trying to sell me. What is the bait and switch here?

Is this just like a permanent Travel Up account? What’s the point if I’m reading $15 a month sub?
JUST SAY NO! I cannot image any "value" in rebuying from them.

Laika_1

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Kingsgate

Sorry, to clarify we took over a paid off timeshare from our parents through the ovation program. It’s been vary worth it for us with children vacations.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I’m surprised they were even asked. I thought Ovation/Certified Exit was an automatic “do not ask” card.
Limited Edition (3 years use without MF's) requires you to give back/divest all contracts and puts you on the do not ask list. Giving back one or more units doesn't prevent them from selling to you or for you to buy more. There are those they convince to get rid of their resale points or their high MF's points and then will sell them more of whatever they can convince the owner to buy.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
They use fuzzy math. If you stick your loan and interest and all of your MF's on the wyndham rewards credit card you can get a MF credit but it won't be anywhere near enough to pay your MF's. If you charge several $1000's every month, maybe you would earn enough points to convert to a $50 maintenance fee credit, every couple of months.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Ah! Okay, that makes more sense!

But, the new program is still a bunch of smoke and mirrors.
Exactly! My sister GAVE me their points contract . . . and I won't take the bait on Ovations, or anything else Wyndham is selling!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
There was a post on one of the facebook groups this morning by someone who "converted" their PCB deeded to Nashville deeded because a salesman convinced them of all this "travel and leisure" smoke and mirrors nosense.

I cringed and made a couple posts trying to convince them to rescind.

You know at some level, this really is fraudulent sales by them. Because no matter how they try to spin it, an argument could be made for converting from deeded to access if your personal use case dictates this might work to your advantage, despite the increase in MF. But to convert (read: sell) your PCB (extremely LOW MF) to Nashville, which has pretty high MF is downright just acting in bad faith to try to get a sale, and hence, commission...

I really hope they listen. Giving up PCB at $4.86 for Nashville would be a huge mistake on their part! What are the Nashville maintenance fees now, close to $10?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Limited Edition (3 years use without MF's) requires you to give back/divest all contracts and puts you on the do not ask list. Giving back one or more units doesn't prevent them from selling to you or for you to buy more. There are those they convince to get rid of their resale points or their high MF's points and then will sell them more of whatever they can convince the owner to buy.
I've never been asked since I gave back two contracts (while keeping several others) in 2019. Not once. In fact, I was in the middle of a multi-stop trip when the first contract left my account and at the next check-in (Grand Desert, fairly notorious) they didn't ask at all, even though they'd asked at my previous stops. You're correct in that it doesn't prevent you from buying more - I've bought several resale contracts since then. (I haven't tried to buy retail.) But unless something has changed, the policy had been to stop asking even after partial givebacks.