• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transfers within Hyatt and II

Sierraville

Reaction score
New to timeshares here. About to pull the trigger on Hyatt. I believe I have an understanding regarding the mechanics, value, points, transferring to get other Hyatt bookings and transferring to II. I’m looking at getting a Hyatt timeshare that I will not stay at and will just use to exchange, either within Hyatt or on II.
My question is, as I’ve looked high and low for an answer is what is availability like within the Hyatt system? What’s it like on II? Will I actually be able to get something I want at a decent time? I know it clearly all depends. On everything. But for example if I want to exchange points either on Hyatt or II to go to Hawaii? Do I have a good chance of being able to get something good?
Finally is there anyway to browse the Hyatt exchange or II without owning a timeshare? I just want an idea of availability.

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
New to timeshares here. About to pull the trigger on Hyatt. I believe I have an understanding regarding the mechanics, value, points, transferring to get other Hyatt bookings and transferring to II. I’m looking at getting a Hyatt timeshare that I will not stay at and will just use to exchange, either within Hyatt or on II.
My question is, as I’ve looked high and low for an answer is what is availability like within the Hyatt system? What’s it like on II? Will I actually be able to get something I want at a decent time? I know it clearly all depends. On everything. But for example if I want to exchange points either on Hyatt or II to go to Hawaii? Do I have a good chance of being able to get something good?
Finally is there anyway to browse the Hyatt exchange or II without owning a timeshare? I just want an idea of availability.
There are a lot of depends to your questions: Depends on what you buy, the number of points you have, where you want to go, when you want to go, how much in advance you can reserve, etc.

I believe you can't use a Hyatt property to exchange into another Hyatt property through II but others can verify that.

The Hyatt in Hawaii (Maui) would be difficult to get if you need a prime week but your best bet would be to put in a request as early as possible.

Since you are not interested in staying at the resort you own the standard advise is to purchase a property with lower maintenance fees like the Hyatt Pinon Pointe in Sedona.

In general though, Hyatt resorts are strong traders in II. The key is to find the best property that fits your needs.

Sierraville

Reaction score
Thank you for you response. I am looking at a diamond level 2 bedroom unit so I will have 2,200 points with MF of about $1,500 or less depending on what resort I actually pull the trigger on (Piñon Pines and Wild Oak are the front runners). I think that the 2,200 should give me solid flexibility to either transfer in Hyatt or transfer to II and book red season 2 bedroom units for 1,300 (and have enough left over for something else). I’m just worried I’m going to have these points and then not be able to get something good. I’m about 2 years away from being on the school schedule, so I will probably miss out on the best off season availability. The good news is I’m a planner and willing to play the game, so I’m hoping to be able to obtain some quality units.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for you response. I am looking at a diamond level 2 bedroom unit so I will have 2,200 points with MF of about $1,500 or less depending on what resort I actually pull the trigger on (Piñon Pines and Wild Oak are the front runners). I think that the 2,200 should give me solid flexibility to either transfer in Hyatt or transfer to II and book red season 2 bedroom units for 1,300 (and have enough left over for something else). I’m just worried I’m going to have these points and then not be able to get something good. I’m about 2 years away from being on the school schedule, so I will probably miss out on the best off season availability. The good news is I’m a planner and willing to play the game, so I’m hoping to be able to obtain some quality units.
What properties are you most interested in within Hyatt and what time periods would work well for you?

We can give you a general idea of how difficult it would be to get what you are looking for.