• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transferring reservations from one TS to another?

persia

Reaction score
Hi,

I made a non-ARP reservation for June 2012 with a timeshare I own, later I bought a couple additional timeshares. Now what I want to do is sell the timeshare I made the original reservation with. So here are my questions. It would be far easier to sell the timeshare if the points for 2012 were there, can I transfer points from one Wyndham timeshare to another? If not can I transfer the reservation from one timeshare to another? If not and if I am still able to sell the timeshare, what happens to the reservation, do I keep it or does it get transferred with the points?

Robert

Edit: All the timeshares are under the same wyndham account.

kaio

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would be far easier to sell the timeshare if the points for 2012 were there, can I transfer points from one Wyndham timeshare to another?
Yes, if ALL 2012 points are available, it will be easier to sell... but if you have a pre-existing reservation and cancel, they will be returned as cancelled points (which you would have to disclose to new owner)... also cancelled points are not re-assigned to a contract and would not transfer (unless you called an had a supervisor txfr the cancelled points after the contract txfrs to new owner)

If not can I transfer the reservation from one timeshare to another?
If the contracts are all under the same Member #, it would not make a difference, reservations stick to the member # not contracts.

If not and if I am still able to sell the timeshare, what happens to the reservation, do I keep it or does it get transferred with the points?

Reservations will transfer when your last remaining contract transfers out of your name and your Member # is cancelled... if the reservation is under the "owner" it will automatically change to the new "owner"'s name... you could assign a Guest Certificate to your reservation for your self so it stays in your name upon transfer; however, the new owner will be able to do what they like with it (cancel/change names, etc).

Hope that helps a bit.

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
Being that it was a non-ARP reservation, you MAY be able to get them to change which points were used for the reservation. If your other contracts have the same use year and were eligible for use for that reservation, you might get a VC or supervisor who will work with you to redo your reservation and use different points if you explain why you need the specific contract left untouched. Not sure if it will cost you a reservation transaction though. Worth a try.

kaio

TUG Member
Reaction score
you might get a VC or supervisor who will work with you to redo your reservation and use different points if you explain why you need the specific contract left untouched.

Very true... usually Wyndham supervisor will manipulate points for you if done in the same day as the reservation is made... or if you get a good contact, you can practically have them re-assign points where ever you'd like... but sometimes representatives deny doing this.. so you have to speak to someone that is more willing to accommodate your requests (usually supervisor in owner relations).

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
You always wait to sell it in 2013. That works if you need the points. Or if you have not touched your new timeshare points it can work.

kalua

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
transfering reservations.

I just went thru this when I gave away some contracts wyndham won't tell you until after the fact,that if you sell, the points are tracted back to a specific contracts , so the simplest and easiest way to do it per wyndham financial,owner relations if you call them owner relations will tell you nothing is suppose to transfer ,fin svc. will tell you the point's do, long story short just do a simple contract saying exactly what you want to do. and pass that to the closing co.