• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transferring a timeshare at Grandview las vegas

Reenaparmar

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas
Hi, I’m looking to transfer my timeshare (grandview Las Vegas). I found someone to transfer to, she is under the impression that after the transfer is done she will need to have a meeting a grandview where she will need to buy a membership to use the deeded transferred week. Is this true? If anyone has transferred their timeshare at grandview, I’d love to hear your experience and any tips you may have. Thanks

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Hi @Reenaparmar,

I was hoping someone who owns at the Grandview in Las Vegas would have helped you with your question.

I don’t believe someone who recently purchases a unit at the Grandview has to have a meeting and purchase something extra. As long as the maintenance fees, special assessments and collection fees (if any) are paid up you should be free to use your week.

Is this unit a fixed or floating week? Is this unit enrolled in RCI TPU’s or RCI Points? With RCI Points, once the timeshare is transferred to the new owner and you get the new contract number, you then need to either open a new RCI account or add the new week to the buyers existing account. You can do the paperwork for that yourself. It could cost about $99 or $249. IF the Grandview is telling you you need to ‘convert’ your membership to RCI Points, that will will cost you a few thousand. You’d be better off buying a unit already enrolled in RCI Points.

MelissaI

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently was the recipient of a Grandview Timeshare via transfer and I did not have to attend a meeting or visit the resort for my membership/ownership to be active.

jbiza

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
A Grandview owner can attend an "update" at Grandview, a Vacation Village Resort, & "upgrade" / purchase to "PLUS" for their ownership. It adds all of the benefits, of RCI Platinum :rolleyes: , plus a few additional benefits such as as a free bonus week, 2 years of $99. internal exchanges to VV resorts & affiliates, then $159. after the first 2 years. It costs ~$4500. (depending on what type unit(s) an owner has). There are a few other "perks".

PLUS has to be purchased at the resort from a sales person :bawl:.
There is also information on PLUS on the RCI Points "My Offers" page.

That may be the meeting at Grandview OP referred to :shrug: .

Reenaparmar

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas
Hi @Reenaparmar,

I was hoping someone who owns at the Grandview in Las Vegas would have helped you with your question.

I don’t believe someone who recently purchases a unit at the Grandview has to have a meeting and purchase something extra. As long as the maintenance fees, special assessments and collection fees (if any) are paid up you should be free to use your week.

Is this unit a fixed or floating week? Is this unit enrolled in RCI TPU’s or RCI Points? With RCI Points, once the timeshare is transferred to the new owner and you get the new contract number, you then need to either open a new RCI account or add the new week to the buyers existing account. You can do the paperwork for that yourself. It could cost about $99 or $249. IF the Grandview is telling you you need to ‘convert’ your membership to RCI Points, that will will cost you a few thousand. You’d be better off buying a unit already enrolled in RCI Points.
Thank you that was very helpful! Ours is weeks. We have found someone who is interested in taking the timeshare (although not confirmed yet)

Reenaparmar

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas
I recently was the recipient of a Grandview Timeshare via transfer and I did not have to attend a meeting or visit the resort for my membership/ownership to be active.
Thanks that’s good to know

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Thank you that was very helpful! Ours is weeks. We have found someone who is interested in taking the timeshare (although not confirmed yet)
Get it transferred ASAP. Weeks contracts are hard to give away