• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transfer

Lbenji

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, 2 Kaanapali and Mission Hills
New to this TS stuff! Transferd 3 TS from my in-laws account. 2 from Hawaii and 1 Mission Hills. The 2 HI transferd just fine and are in my account just like they were in theirs. Mission Hills is showing under ownership balances with 7 nights. Should be listed under VSN with staroption points. Anyone know why? I have sent several emails and has not been corrected!

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Welcome!

If you don't get replies here, perhaps post your question to the Vistana/Sheraton/Westin forum.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Mission Hills is a "voluntary" resort, meaning StarOptions do not transfer on resale. There may be exceptions for transfers between family members, but you need to ask Vistana about that.

Lbenji

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mission Hills is a "voluntary" resort, meaning StarOptions do not transfer on resale. There may be exceptions for transfers between family members, but you need to ask Vistana about that.
It shouldn’t be resale.

Lbenji

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welcome!

If you don't get replies here, perhaps post your question to the Vistana/Sheraton/Westin forum.
Where do I find that.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
It shouldn’t be resale.

Not just resale, in any ownership change, StarOptions will not transfer at voluntary resorts, unless an exception is applied for transfer between family members. Did you fill out the transfer form? There is a question on that form about the family relationship.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
moved

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
When you did these transfers did you notify Vistana in writing that this was a transfer between family members, and provide documentation?

Lbenji

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not just resale, in any ownership change, StarOptions will not transfer at voluntary resorts, unless an exception is applied for transfer between family members. Did you fill out the transfer form? There is a question on that form about the family relationship.
Yes that was all done, and payed almost 500 dollars to get the deed transfer. Did everything Vistana told me to do
When you did these transfers did you notify Vistana in writing that this was a transfer between family members, and provide documentation?
[/QUOTE
Oh yes, deed and everything was done with American Title had to provide our DL to vistana and relationship

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Vistana may not consider you to be an Immediate Family Member of your in-laws:

"Network Operator may, in its sole discretion and in some circumstances, transfer Network membership to an Owner’s immediate family member if the Owner has transferred title to the Vacation Ownership Interest directly to that immediate family member. Immediate family members mean the Owner’s spouse, domestic partner, children, brother, sister, parents and parent-in-laws. Network Operator reserves the right to expand or reduce the list of eligible Owners who may participate in the Network in its sole discretion."

You may call Vistana and ask.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Vistana may not consider you to be an Immediate Family Member of your in-laws:
If the spouse (child of the in laws) is on the deed, it should be considered immediate family for the transfer.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
You will definitely benefit if you can get this fixed. My mother didn't do this correctly and I (& my step sister) "paid the price" You will get attitude during owner updates about your "resale" property. I would also verify that the two mandatory resorts are indeed showing up as a developer purchase, not as resale in the system. This may not be evident from what you can see on your dashboard. When you are finally able to speak to a real person I would ask about all of the units.

rcv82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SMV
WKORV (OFD)
Westin Flex
MVC Trust
GTL
GP8
CWA
You will definitely benefit if you can get this fixed. My mother didn't do this correctly and I (& my step sister) "paid the price" You will get attitude during owner updates about your "resale" property. I would also verify that the two mandatory resorts are indeed showing up as a developer purchase, not as resale in the system. This may not be evident from what you can see on your dashboard. When you are finally able to speak to a real person I would ask about all of the units.

I believe if they show up in your dashboard as eligible for Bonvoy points then the transfer went as a developer (or at least re-qualified) purchase. Mandatory resale will show StarOptions but no Bonvoy point conversion value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I believe if they show up in your dashboard as eligible for Bonvoy points then the transfer went as a developer (or at least re-qualified) purchase. Mandatory resale will show StarOptions but no Bonvoy point conversion value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought a resale & for a while it listed Bonvoy (star at the time) points.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bierhund

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR (x2), SVV
Because the OP is not the original purchaser, the properties will always show in their portfolio as a resale, never as a developer purchase. The difference is that if if the immediate family transfer is successful, it will show as a "qualified" resale, which will include Staroptions and potential Bonvoy points. A second party resale that has not been retroed will be listed in their portfolio as an "unqualified" resale, and, as rcv82 points out, will not be eligible for Bonvoy points.