• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transfer ownership amongst family should be easy...right?

pjlibby0218

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
So hello everyone! My mother is getting the usual run around when calling Wyndham. We bought her remaining loan and paid it off, now she wants to transfer the ownership to us. She was told that it takes weeks to get this done (which is I guess fine) but that when she does it, any vacations she already has booked in her name will automatically be cancelled. Additionally, the points that she rolled over to next year because she was not using them and wanted to plan a trip for next year-- won't be returned to the account and will be forfeited.

She said to add me as an additional owner would cost 700-800 dollars due to the titling.

Is this information correct? I don't think anyone she has spoken to has specifically called it the tribute program. She has to go through four transfers every time she calls...so if this is NOT right and there is a different number she should call and specific phrasing she should use, I would appreciate it!

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
It might be easier to legally change your name to hers and change to address on the account to your address...

Yes, I'm kidding...

George

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I would use a professional title transfer company to cut through the red tape -

This is who I use - they are Tuggers, they get high marks on TUG, and they are efficient and inexpensive - usually less than $200 for their services, but of course, Whyndham has additional charges.

L.T. Transfers
www.lttransfers.com
readylegal@gmail.com

Yes, it will cost a little more, but it will get done with a lot less grief.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Why not keep it in her name? Then you can vacation with Guest Certificates. Cheaper than what they say you have to pay.
Silentg

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
If the Account only has her name on it why not simply add your name to account for $299. Then in a year or two remove her name and add your spouse's name.

Dave Landry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City Beach
If this is a retail purchased contract with vip benefits then you either need to leave her name on it and add yours or call and ask about the tribute program. If you add your name then remove hers later they may end your vip status. 855 312 9040 is the phone number at Wyndham for Ovations and Tribute. Try calling there to see if they can help you.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
So hello everyone! My mother is getting the usual run around when calling Wyndham. We bought her remaining loan and paid it off, now she wants to transfer the ownership to us. She was told that it takes weeks to get this done (which is I guess fine) but that when she does it, any vacations she already has booked in her name will automatically be cancelled. Additionally, the points that she rolled over to next year because she was not using them and wanted to plan a trip for next year-- won't be returned to the account and will be forfeited.

She said to add me as an additional owner would cost 700-800 dollars due to the titling.

Is this information correct? I don't think anyone she has spoken to has specifically called it the tribute program. She has to go through four transfers every time she calls...so if this is NOT right and there is a different number she should call and specific phrasing she should use, I would appreciate it!
I would call the number Dave Landry provided 855-312-9040.
I would call yourself [not your mom] and specifically ask about the Tribute Program with contracts and membership numbers in hand.
Make the call with your mom present on speaker so she can give permission to talk to you.
Explain you are taking over all of your moms finances and are wanting to transfer the ownership to you and your spouse without losing points and reservations. If Wyndham says thats not possible.
I would offer to pay the $299.00 transfer fee to add you and your spouse onto your moms ownership with right of survivorship.
That would preserve the points and reservations.
It’s Wyndham so nothing happens fast. Anyway you do it will take time.

If that fails take DeniseM advice and use LT Transfer.
Make sure you add you -your spouse to your moms ownership. Leaving your mom on for now.

Good Luck! It can be very discouraging to get matters taken care of with Wyndham but its worth the effort especially when your dealing with a VIP account
PS. If you have to use LT Transfers leave your moms contact info on the account. A couple of weeks after your added change the contact and payment info to you. You should be able to change all the info to you online.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Your timeshares are deeded tealestate and the deeds are recorded with the local land records

Like any real estate a change of ownership requires that a new deed be prepared signed, notarized and recorded. And these things cost money

If you call LT transfer tell Mary I said hello

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing is easy with Wyndham. They will tell you a lot of BS to suit their needs. New system has been a work in progress for almost 18 months now. Every time you call you can get a different answer depending on who answers the phone. Nothing is cut and dry with doing business with them. They change their answers or rules depending on how hard you push back or what you actually know. Believe it or no most TUG members know more then the customer reps answering the phones.

OldIrish

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Canterbury
My mom transferred ownership of her time share at Canterbury SF to me last year, the paper work took 8 months to complete.

It's easier to buy a $500K home than it is to transfer ownership of a timeshare evidently...... By the time it was transferred to us, it was all but impossible to use the points for 2017, so we just transferred them to RCI.....

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
My mom transferred ownership of her time share at Canterbury SF to me last year, the paper work took 8 months to complete.

It's easier to buy a $500K home than it is to transfer ownership of a timeshare evidently...... By the time it was transferred to us, it was all but impossible to use the points for 2017, so we just transferred them to RCI.....

Last year the length of time it took was awful for transfers. Sorry you got caught up in that. After a number of owners got their accounts frozen in August 2016 and the new website in May 2017, transfers were taking months longer but that seems to have ended. People are now reporting much shorter times.

OldIrish

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Canterbury
Last year the length of time it took was awful for transfers. Sorry you got caught up in that. After a number of owners got their accounts frozen in August 2016 and the new website in May 2017, transfers were taking months longer but that seems to have ended. People are now reporting much shorter times.
That's good to hear, we had wanted to use it last year, but by the time the paperwork was done, it was pretty much too late for 2017. We were able to use some of my Mom's RCI points to go to Vermont & Arkansas last fall, and then H.H. this Spring.... But, it was amazing how long something like that took, very frustrating experience, but that's all behind us now.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I would definitely not take it out of your mom's name. Just use it as is. Why change anything? If it works, don't fix it.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I would definitely not take it out of your mom's name. Just use it as is. Why change anything? If it works, don't fix it.

He already did it. Luckily other than the long timeframe to get it done, it sounds like the grandfathered silver transferred okay.