• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Matt K.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake
Hello,

I apologize in advance if I am not posting to the right forum. I tried to follow the advice from a TUG member. As a side not, let me say how helpful I have found TUG. You members as great!

Our Orange Lake week 41 (East village) is paid off and fees are up to date. We have owned since 2002, and our situation has changed such that we cannot vacation like we used to. We understand selling a timeshare is very difficult. We were excited to hear about "cancelling" our timeshare, but now we find out that Orange Lake/Holiday Inn is one of the hardest companies to cancel with. Is this true?

All we want to do is "deed-back" our week to Orange Lake. If not that, then we will have to explore a transfer. We are willing to pay the closing costs and make nothing on the transaction. Has anyone had any success cancelling with HICV recently, or have any other ideas for us to get out of our week? We are older now, and can no longer afford it.

Thank you,
Matt

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Matt, I don't know whether unloading an HIVC is difficult or not, but you may consider posting it in the 'Bargain Deals' section of the 'Buying,Selling,Renting' Forum. Simply follow the basic template you'll see there on other ads. Resort name, week- or season- size of unit, annual fees, etc. Make the resort attractive, offer as you did here to pay transfer costs, etc. You may have to revisit your ad from time to time, and 'freshen' it to put it high on the list of properties.

Good Luck, and we wish you well.

Jim

DianeNYS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Villas; Polynesian Isles; Coral Sands (Westgate South Beach); Casa Del Mar
I know I am late to this thread/issue, but I would like to let people know that I just completed a deedback with Orange Lake Country Club in Kissimmee, FL.

We've owned a deeded West Village 2 BR Villa since 1990 (it was being built on the day we purchased it from the developer), and this year when we took our February annual vacation there in the Unit we own, we went to the Capital Management Office right on property in the Administrative building. The person there gave me the number to call "For Deeding Inquiries" when I told her what we wanted to do, and when I called that number, they re-routed me back to Capital Management (by phone). There, I was told that we could NOT do the deedback paperwork in person, but HAD to initiate it by phone. They needed to start a "Review Process" that, once completed, if all our fees were paid in full (mortgage was paid off 28 years ago!), a deedback packet would be sent to our residence and the warranty deed paperwork that let us sign over our Week/Unit back to them would have to be signed and notarized and mailed back to them within 5 days of us receiving the packet in the mail.

Since that week at OLCC was just the first week of a 6 week vacation in FL (we have 4 other TS in FL), we could not initiate the process till we arrived home, and we did that on March 30th of this year. I made the call after we got back home, the packet came within a week or so, we did the filling out (no fees at ALL) and got the paperwork notarized and sent back by the next day. Sent it Priority Mail to get the tracking # and it was received by them within 3 days. The deedback paperwork was reviewed by them within another week or so and sent to the proper Deeding Office in FL. I called them in early May to find out how things were going, and found out the paperwork was going through and I would get something in the mail from that office. I haven't gotten that yet, but a call to OLCC Deeding Office last week assured me that their records show that we don't own the property any more, and that the governmental paperwork confirming that info just took time to make it back to us.

I have never been a member of the Holiday Inn Club, so maybe that made the process relatively easy, and everyone involved have ALL been VERY respectful and helpful, never even questioning the reason we wanted to deedback our Unit. I have to thank TUG and all of its threads about selling/deeding back TS weeks. After pouring over the number of like units at OLCC in the for sale ads here (we owned Week 6/Unit 3117), I realized that the likelihood of selling it for more than $500 was very small, and the more-than-likelihood of having to give it away for free while having to deal with the closing preparation and costs was large, and confusing.

This no-cost deedback was the best, easiest, most painless option for us to take advantage of, and I thank this site for giving me the language to use to make it happen (I was direct about wanting a "deedback" in person and on the phone with everyone I spoke to, and no one tried to talk us out of it ever). The phone number to start this process for us at Capital Management was: 1-800-298-3706, Option Zero (the office is in OLCC, Kissimmee, FL). The phone number for OLCC (Kissimmee, FL) "deeding inquiries" is: 1-407-239-5170.

It took awhile, and we were annoyed that we couldn't do it in person during our 6-week vacation in the Kissimmee area (for some reason the deedback paperwork HAD to be mailed to our home address, despite our available IDs, the ownership and deeding paperwork from 1990 that I'd brought along with us, etc.). BUT--it was easy and it's over now, and we are happy to be free of the MFs and a fixed week that doesn't suit our vacation preferences anymore :)

Last edited:

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've owned a deeded West Village 2 BR Villa since 1990 (it was being built on the day we purchased it from the developer).....

I remember buying my first TS Week. It was about the time you bought. We were returning for a week at Disney World; sitting in the airport in Orlando waiting for our flight and reading the local newspaper. There were full page ads. one for Marriott Sabal Palms and one for Orange Lake featuring the Holiday Inn name and Kemmons Wilson. I pretty much flipped a coin; picked up the phone and bought a Sabal Palms Week pre-construction in five minutes. It was the first sale for a rookie Salesman who later told me it was the easiest sale he ever made. After using my Week for 3 or 4 years I had Marriott sell it for me and pretty much got what I paid for it even after Marriott's 20% commission.

George

DianeNYS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Villas; Polynesian Isles; Coral Sands (Westgate South Beach); Casa Del Mar
What a good deal for you! :)

We paid $9,500 in 1990, and my hunch is that there is no way we'd ever get anywhere near that now :(

Matt K.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake
Thank you Diane! Would you please tell me when you started the process and how long it looks like it will take from start to finish? I do NOT want to pay another yearly maintenance fee! Did you ever need to call the 407-239-5170 number?

It's funny we live in Clearwater, FL., and after several calls, I thought I had the right number as 888-657-3529. Talked to a couple different ladies all about it. I was going to wait until AFTER we use our 2018 vacation (our last one through Orange Lake).

Thank you again,
Matt

I know I am late to this thread/issue, but I would like to let people know that I just completed a deedback with Orange Lake Country Club in Kissimmee, FL.

We've owned a deeded West Village 2 BR Villa since 1990 (it was being built on the day we purchased it from the developer), and this year when we took our February annual vacation there in the Unit we own, we went to the Capital Management Office right on property in the Administrative building. The person there gave me the number to call "For Deeding Inquiries" when I told her what we wanted to do, and when I called that number, they re-routed me back to Capital Management (by phone). There, I was told that we could NOT do the deedback paperwork in person, but HAD to initiate it by phone. They needed to start a "Review Process" that, once completed, if all our fees were paid in full (mortgage was paid off 28 years ago!), a deedback packet would be sent to our residence and the warranty deed paperwork that let us sign over our Week/Unit back to them would have to be signed and notarized and mailed back to them within 5 days of us receiving the packet in the mail.

Since that week at OLCC was just the first week of a 6 week vacation in FL (we have 4 other TS in FL), we could not initiate the process till we arrived home, and we did that on March 30th of this year. I made the call after we got back home, the packet came within a week or so, we did the filling out (no fees at ALL) and got the paperwork notarized and sent back by the next day. Sent it Priority Mail to get the tracking # and it was received by them within 3 days. The deedback paperwork was reviewed by them within another week or so and sent to the proper Deeding Office in FL. I called them in early May to find out how things were going, and found out the paperwork was going through and I would get something in the mail from that office. I haven't gotten that yet, but a call to OLCC Deeding Office last week assured me that their records show that we don't own the property any more, and that the governmental paperwork confirming that info just took time to make it back to us.

I have never been a member of the Holiday Inn Club, so maybe that made the process relatively easy, and everyone involved have ALL been VERY respectful and helpful, never even questioning the reason we wanted to deedback our Unit. I have to thank TUG and all of its threads about selling/deeding back TS weeks. After pouring over the number of like units at OLCC in the for sale ads here (we owned Week 6/Unit 3117), I realized that the likelihood of selling it for more than $500 was very small, and the more-than-likelihood of having to give it away for free while having to deal with the closing preparation and costs was large, and confusing.

This no-cost deedback was the best, easiest, most painless option for us to take advantage of, and I thank this site for giving me the language to use to make it happen (I was direct about wanting a "deedback" in person and on the phone with everyone I spoke to, and no one tried to talk us out of it ever). The phone number to start this process for us at Capital Management was: 1-800-298-3706, Option Zero (the office is in OLCC, Kissimmee, FL). The phone number for OLCC (Kissimmee, FL) "deeding inquiries" is: 1-407-239-5170.

It took awhile, and we were annoyed that we couldn't do it in person during our 6-week vacation in the Kissimmee area (for some reason the deedback paperwork HAD to be mailed to our home address, despite our available IDs, the ownership and deeding paperwork from 1990 that I'd brought along with us, etc.). BUT--it was easy and it's over now, and we are happy to be free of the MFs and a fixed week that doesn't suit our vacation preferences anymore :)

DianeNYS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Matt, after getting back from FL this March, I made my call to have them begin the process on March 30th, by calling that 800 # I mentioned above--Capital Management at OLCC in Kissimmee. The Deeding Office # at OLCC is the one I've called twice to just follow up with to first make sure they got my paperwork, and then last week to see if everything was going well. I haven't gotten the letter from the County there (I think that is who will be sending it) to let me know it's finished, but the Deeding Office said it is pretty much done. I'll call them again this coming week just to reconfirm. So, it's just been a bit less than 2 months so far...I would wait till after your 2018 vacation there; once they do your review and then you sign their paperwork turning your deed over to OLCC, you lose all access to the place (at least that's what I was told). Good luck! :) And I'll post here what I hear this week about it...

DianeNYS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you Diane! Would you please tell me when you started the process and how long it looks like it will take from start to finish? I do NOT want to pay another yearly maintenance fee! Did you ever need to call the 407-239-5170 number?

It's funny we live in Clearwater, FL., and after several calls, I thought I had the right number as 888-657-3529. Talked to a couple different ladies all about it. I was going to wait until AFTER we use our 2018 vacation (our last one through Orange Lake).

Thank you again,
Matt

UPDATE: I called Orange Lake Deeding today (1-407-239-5170) and was told that our deedback was totally processed and closed on May 7, 2018 (!!!!), and that they could send me a close-out letter if I would like (which I told them I WOULD). So: I made the initial call (to OLCC Capital Management @ 1-407-477-7101 or 1-800-298-3706) to start the process on 3/30/18 and the process apparently ended with success on 5/7/18 :)

I don't know why they didn't just send me the close-out letter on the 7th of May on their own, but the whole process was easy and pleasant, and once I talked to the offices everyone has been friendly and helpful. Good luck, Matt :) P.S. My last call before today to Deeding was, per my notes, on April 30th, so a month ago, not last week. A typo; I'd meant "last month" in my post above, not "last week" Duhhhhh.... ;)