• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transfer Issue

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's a shortened version:

I was notified on Friday that my transfer was completed for a resale week (took longer than expected, but that's life).

When I logged in on Friday there were 2200 LCUP points with an expiration of 8/17/2019.

I was scrambling to figure out how to use them, and I figured out something. I logged in this morning to book and the LCUP points were gone.

I called Member Services and they let me know that the points were gone because of "Member Resale", and suggested that I call my Sales Agent (ummm...what?). I explained the resale closing process to them, and said it would make more sense for me to contact the transfer department.

I sent an e-mail to them, but I have little hope of anything getting resolved in a timely manner (I have never received an e-mail response back from the transfer department).

I've never had a good experience with member services, but usually I don't need their help with anything unless it's something tricky (like this).

What are my options?

Does anyone have a phone number I can call?

LCUP is crummy, but I would MUCH rather use them than let them go to waste.

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Here's a shortened version:

I was notified on Friday that my transfer was completed for a resale week (took longer than expected, but that's life).

When I logged in on Friday there were 2200 LCUP points with an expiration of 8/17/2019.

I was scrambling to figure out how to use them, and I figured out something. I logged in this morning to book and the LCUP points were gone.

I called Member Services and they let me know that the points were gone because of "Member Resale", and suggested that I call my Sales Agent (ummm...what?). I explained the resale closing process to them, and said it would make more sense for me to contact the transfer department.

I sent an e-mail to them, but I have little hope of anything getting resolved in a timely manner (I have never received an e-mail response back from the transfer department).

I've never had a good experience with member services, but usually I don't need there help with anything unless it's something tricky (like this).

What are my options?

Does anyone have a phone number I can call?

LCUP is crummy, but I would MUCH rather use them than let them go to waste.
Were you the buyer or seller? So you sold your week and lost points you had?

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Were you the buyer or seller? So you sold your week and lost points you had?

I'm the buyer.

Quick Update:

I actually received an e-mail back from the transfer department (first time ever!). They say that they were used by the previous owner (that could be, but I would be VERY surprised). That's fair if they were actually used by the previous owner. However, it's too bad that they showed up in my account for a short period of time. I wonder what would have happened had I booked something? That would have been a bit of a mess to unwind.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I'm the buyer.

Quick Update:

I actually received an e-mail back from the transfer department (first time ever!). They say that they were used by the previous owner (that could be, but I would be VERY surprised). That's fair if they were actually used by the previous owner. However, it's too bad that they showed up in my account for a short period of time. I wonder what would have happened had I booked something? That would have been a bit of a mess to unwind.
Hmmm were they from last year? When is your first year use according to the purchase contract? If he has other ownerships then I’d suspect they should stay with him if they were banked? Stinks you lost out.

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Riviera Beach and Spa, Dana Point
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
I'm the buyer.

Quick Update:

I find what happened to you interesting.... I recently completed a purchase and found out AFTER the purchase that the original owner allegedly used some of the points... This should not have been possible and was denied by the closing company that this even happened....

In your case, my question is; During the closure process, the timeshare ownership (and points) is moved from one owner to the other. You should have been provided a written document showing how many points were in the account. The important question you need to ask; How is it possible that the previous owner had access to the account AFTER closing and you have taken ownership????? When you saw these points in your account, there is no way the previous owner should have had access!

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Old estoppels used to show how many points were in each bucket. Since Marriott took over, new Hyatt estoppels no longer show points. There is no way for the previous owner to use points after transfer. I suspect Hyatt just took them.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Old estoppels used to show how many points were in each bucket. Since Marriott took over, new Hyatt estoppels no longer show points. There is no way for the previous owner to use points after transfer. I suspect Hyatt just took them.

This is my suspicion as well.

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Hmmm were they from last year? When is your first year use according to the purchase contract? If he has other ownerships then I’d suspect they should stay with him if they were banked? Stinks you lost out.

My situation was similar, the seller, I was the buyer had points and a reservation. Everything transferred to my account on closing all points and the reservation was canceled (I believe) HYATT explained that this was the required procedure. Everything transferred, to the new owner. Perhaps there was another way for the seller to use/control the points...WOH..Interval??

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
My situation was similar, the seller, I was the buyer had points and a reservation. Everything transferred to my account on closing all points and the reservation was canceled (I believe) HYATT explained that this was the required procedure. Everything transferred, to the new owner. Perhaps there was another way for the seller to use/control the points...WOH..Interval??
I’m buying another property now. I was supposed to reimburse 2019 MF for the points this year that would have transferred however after I negotiated and we closed the eBay listing with a buy now, I found out the seller banked the 2019 points. He was selling three different ownerships in the same network. I told him to sell one of his ownerships next year so he can use the banked points in the unit I was buying. As long as he has an ownership he would retain those points. If not, I assume they would transfer with the sale to me or just fall off.

So you bought a unit and didn’t get the points or the reservation? I wonder if there was no reservation would the points have transferred?

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
...So you bought a unit and didn’t get the points or the reservation? I wonder if there was no reservation would the points have transferred?

I bought the unit, and the points transferred into my account. (We had a verbal agreement that he would get use of the points/reservation he had made previous to the sale) Looked it up, the reservation the seller had was canceled by Hyatt (at time of transfer) and the points went to my account. I also know that the seller has another HRC week.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I bought the unit, and the points transferred into my account. (We had a verbal agreement that he would get use of the points/reservation he had made previous to the sale) Looked it up, the reservation the seller had was canceled by Hyatt (at time of transfer) and the points went to my account. I also know that the seller has another HRC week.
Oh wow. Did you make a reservation for him? How did you handle that? I’m hoping it’s not like that on the vistana side. I have banked weeks and a reservation using those weeks next year. I was told I wouldn’t lose them as long as I have an open active account

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Oh wow. Did you make a reservation for him? How did you handle that? I’m hoping it’s not like that on the vistana side. I have banked weeks and a reservation using those weeks next year. I was told I wouldn’t lose them as long as I have an open active account

I honored our verbal agreement. I made the reservation for him using the points, and the seller paid me for the guest certificate. Just an FYI...EEE points were also transferred to me in a different HRC purchase.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I honored our verbal agreement. I made the reservation for him using the points, and the seller paid me for the guest certificate. Just an FYI...EEE points were also transferred to me in a different HRC purchase.
Good! I would have done the same