• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transfer finally went through!

JMNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas
After several months of mostly patiently waiting, our deed is fully transferred and our RCI points are active for our shiny used Grandview unit. Thanks to tschwa2, CPNY, and others who answered so many questions and helped me get things going in the right direction for my first timeshare purchase. I'm going to be spending the next several days familiarizing myself with the RCI site and trying to figure this all out. Any suggestions for maximizing the use of my points would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I'm going to see if we can book a couple of fun trips to start using this thing. Also, if anyone is interested, I took over this ownership with the assistance of Karrie Ann at Timeshare Consultants. They have a page on Facebook, and she was awesome to deal with.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Any suggestions for maximizing the use of my points would be greatly appreciated.

One thing I do to get the most vacations from our points is to look in the "under 10,000' in the "Points Range" section in the filters on the left side of the page after you are in the Exchange section. Those discounted stays are usually just studios or 1 bedroom units and not always at Gold or Silver Crown resorts and often, but not always, with check-ins in the next month or 2. Since we are retired and can travel at relatively short notice we often book them. I have even booked 2 consecutive weeks at the same resort for less points than booking several months in advance would have required for 1 week! Also keep in mind that a stay of 8 to 13 nights has the same exchange fee as a 7 night stay, and no housekeeping fees!

Diane