• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trading (Transferring) Contract to new home resort

bornitz

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone successfully transferred their contract from one home resort to another? I hit a brick wall with TPI when Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk cancelled their affiliation with Trading Places and cancelled our premier access membership. We get 168k points alternating even years and prior to 2020 I was able to book a week at any of the premiere access resorts (Beachwalk dropped out, but Mauna Loa worked fine) and deposit it into TPI, which gave me an exchange + bonus week. This allowed us to travel every year despite our low points. Well it all went south when I tried to make my deposit in January and Wyndham denied it. After countless calls to both TPI and Wyndham, the gal I spoke with in customer service at Wyndham this morning said that it may be possible to transfer the contract (home resort) to a TPI friendly resort like the Wyndham Mauna Loa. Of course, I could be trying to shoot a moving target if Wyndham Mauna Loa cancels their affiliation with TPI. And God only knows what the costs are.

I'd like to explore all options before accepting the fact that we'll only be able to travel every other year through Wyndham.

Thanks in advance,
Bonnie

Last edited:

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
The price of changing your contract probably wouldn't be worth the bonus week. Also, as you said affiliation changes. Your best bet would probably be to just pick up a resale odd year contract.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
Here, Timeshare nation, Ebay. I always see 168,000 odd Bonnet creek if you need ARP for Orlando.

bornitz

Reaction score
Thanks so much! If I purchase 168k at Bonnet Creek, can I use those points at the Mauna Loa on the Big Island, which is 154k for a 1 bedroom? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but since we only own at Waikiki Beach Walk, using points for other locations in Hawaii were never an issue. I guess the question is does it matter where your home resort is? Thanks again.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
Points are points at 10 months out. If you don't come to FL, maybe look for a low MF odd contract. This one is for Hawaii. There are tons of nice Wyndham resorts near you in CA that you can also use the points for. Indio looks beautiful and they have a lazy river.