• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trading Power of Efficiencies?

ml855

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've been playing around with both of our platinum lock-off's (Manor Club and Maui) and it doesn't seem like they pull the two bedroom's in the peak or shoulder season any more. We can't even pull the resorts in the shoulder season that only have two bedrooms.

Has something changed with the way II handles trades of lock-off's?

Matt

P.S. We still see two bedroom units in off season.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Matt,
I've noticed the same thing, but I do seem to be able to pull 2BR in shoulder season with my Manor Club. Also, I've noticed that the way II works is that you see some things all the time, more at 90 days out, almost everything in flexchange.

This really limits the value of the lock off feature if it gets worse.

sandytoes

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was playing around with our Manor Club (Sequal split) last week and saw several 2 bedroom units in places that surprised me . . . Newport Beach, several European destinations, Surfwatch, St Martins just to name a few. Of course today they were mostly gone. Last week there were lot of one bedroom units for my efficency . . . this week very few. Guess timing and the abilitly to make a quick decission once you see somethink good is what is important. There were three different Hawaii choices . . . again last week . . . now . . .puuuuffff! We're happy about going to Ocean Point. Never been that far south in Florida and from what I hear, it's a great resort.

Beverley

TUG Member
Reaction score
With our lock off we only see other Marriott lock off's of the same size. We can see, however, non Marriott resorts with units of larger sizes. The lockoff used to pull at least a one bedroom until this past summer. I do think there was a change to be very strict on like for like with in the Marriott system. As I said, I often see larger units but only at non Marriott resorts.

Beverley

ml855

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sandytoes,

Do you remember what time of year you were searching for when you saw the two bedrooms?

I noticed the same thing that Big Matt said in his post. There is a difference in what my efficiency weeks would pull that is dependant on what time of year I'm searching. For example, it pulls a 2 BR MMC in November but doesn't pull the same 2 BR's that are sitting there in the shoulder season for this spring.

-Matt

labguides

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
It seems to me that it is more and more difficult to pull a 1 bedroom with a Marriott lockoff. In other years, we have had no problems as we can be flexible with our travel.
I was able to pull a 1 bedroom Westgate Park City with a Marriott studio/lockout.
Still unable to pull a 1 bedroom at Grand Timber in Breck with a Marriott studio/lockout. I am not giving up.

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
For what it's worth, we deposited our OP efficiency, (that was booked for 1 week in Feb 06), and pulled a full 2BR at Barony Beach HHI for the first week in April of 06.
We haven't been to HHI so we were pleased with that. We deposited it with II back in March of 05. It took about a week.
Mike :)

labguides

TUG Member
Reaction score
<we deposited our OP efficiency, (that was booked for 1 week in Feb 06), and pulled a full 2BR at Barony Beach HHI for the first week in April of 06.>

That is super. We gave up trying to get a one bedroom Marriott's Barony with a lock out and used the our Desert Springs Villa to get a 2 bedroom at Barony for late April.

We are eager to go to HHI for the first time.

sandytoes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Matt,

I was looking at a variety of times. Inspecificly during the month of May, I saw a two bedroom Newport with my one bedroom and with my efficency I saw a several bedrooms in Ocean Point. I believe I also saw a Marriott Myrtle Beach. Of course all those are now gone. The OP was still there yesterday but, I wanted Memorial weekend and the one bedroom was earlier in the month.

Over all . . . since this was my first trading experience, I was thrilled with all the options!
Karen

copper

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can see a 1 bedroom Marriott in Vegas with my MSW studio but I can't see the same unit with a 2 bedroom AC :(

I'm about to give up on the AC's and either use the unit or split it and deposit just a portion for trading.

pacheco18

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beverley said:
With our lock off we only see other Marriott lock off's of the same size. We can see, however, non Marriott resorts with units of larger sizes. The lockoff used to pull at least a one bedroom until this past summer. I do think there was a change to be very strict on like for like with in the Marriott system. As I said, I often see larger units but only at non Marriott resorts.

Beverley

I am seeing many 1 bedrooms and even an occasional full 2 bedroom (all Marriotts) with my Ko'Olina lockoff. It may just be the trading power of Hawaii

Beverley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe so, but just curious ... when you see the larger units are you looking within the 60 day window or outside of the 60 days?

Beverley

Beverley

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI, the Barony only has 2 bedroom units. Barony has no one bedroom units.

Bev

pacheco18

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beverley said:
Maybe so, but just curious ... when you see the larger units are you looking within the 60 day window or outside of the 60 days?

Beverley

I know I see the 2 bedroom units within the 60 days -- can't recall if I see them outside the 60 days

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Beverley said:
FYI, the Barony only has 2 bedroom units. Barony has no one bedroom units.

Bev
That's the whole idea. It's an ideal way to avoid a "like for like" situation.
If they take my efficiency and give me Barony...I've automatically upgraded to a 2BR.
Mike :eek:

Beverley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I must have misread a post. I thought the person was trying to get a one bedroom on HHI not give up a one bedroom for a 2.

Beverley

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Using a Manor Club Sequel efficiency I can see several HHI (Grande Ocean included) within a 60 day window. Also a Canyon Villas 1 bedroom for 2/29 -3/5. If I wasn't already booked for somewhere else. . .

pacheco18

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beverley said:

Beverley

FYI -- Just did a test run with a 6 month period -- my Ko'Olina lockoff pulled two bedrooms units at Marriott in Hilton Head and Orlando outside the 60 day window.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did it pull Grande Ocean and Surf Watch 2BR?

pacheco18 said:
FYI -- Just did a test run with a 6 month period -- my Ko'Olina lockoff pulled two bedrooms units at Marriott in Hilton Head and Orlando outside the 60 day window.

pacheco18

TUG Member
Reaction score
Big Matt said:

Sorry -- don't recall names of resorts -- was just looking to see if Marriott 2 bedroom anywhere came up

pacheco18

TUG Member
Reaction score
Big Matt said:

Ran the test again to answer your question -- search with my Ko'Olina lockoff from 4/14 06 - 12/31/ 06
pulled two bedrooms at the following HH Marriotts
Barony Nov
Grand Ocean Dec
Harbor Club Sept Oct Dec
Heritage Dec
Monarch Nov Dec
Surf Watch Nov Dec (including a Thanksgiving week!!)

tompk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grande Vista Plat lockoff

I get pretty much the same results searching HHI using my GV plat lockoff. I don't see a Sept Harbour Club but maybe somebody took it. I do see Harbour Pointe and Sunset Pointe for Sept-Dec also.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I lengthened my search to included dates 2/11 - 12/26.

For Manor Club Sequel efficiency

Barony - February
Harbour Pointe - February, March
Monarch - February, March
Sunset Pointe - February, March
Harbour Club - February, December
SurfWatch - February, March
Grande Ocean - February, March
OceanWatch - February, March

Ocean Pointe efficiency pulled the same plus,

Harbour Club - October, November
SurfWatch - October

There must be lots of activity on the II website for this because my computer was very slow pulling up the information.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone might be interested in this:

I used the OP efficiency and looked for all destinations. Aruba was one that came up and there's a full 2 bedroom available 2/26.

Anyone sick of winter?

ml855

TUG Member
Reaction score
These are all off-season months. I can see these as well. It's the peak season and shoulder season that I'm not able to pull anything but the efficiency units.

Quilter said:
I lengthened my search to included dates 2/11 - 12/26.

For Manor Club Sequel efficiency

Barony - February
Harbour Pointe - February, March
Monarch - February, March
Sunset Pointe - February, March
Harbour Club - February, December
SurfWatch - February, March
Grande Ocean - February, March
OceanWatch - February, March

Ocean Pointe efficiency pulled the same plus,

Harbour Club - October, November
SurfWatch - October

There must be lots of activity on the II website for this because my computer was very slow pulling up the information.