• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trading Places International search

exco

Reaction score
Do you prefer the table format from the searching result?

I went to the Trading Places International website today. Trading Places International - Exchange https://www.tradingplaces.com/exchange/

The website change is not an enhancement to me. Now, it is so hard for me to see if where I want to travel is available.

A few years ago, DAELIVE (now 7across.com) decided to remove the table format for smart phones. The website was not an upgrade for me either!

By the way, why TUGBBS does not have any Trading Places International representatives (e.g. Ask Trading Places International) as many year ago?

Last edited:

Bwolf

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Saw that this morning. It is disconcerting, but, in a few days, I think I'll be able to get around.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it is better. For example, I always search maui. In the old format where they were listed by date you didn't see which resorts were actually available without going through the drop down and selecting each resort. This format is like Interval....you see a list of resorts and then you can expand the available weeks

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Vacation Internationale, Villa del Palmar, Dikhololo
I think it's worse. You have to click on every single resort for an area to see how far out the dates go.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought it was worse and made searches more complicated. However, searching yesterday by zip code I found a resort near me on the beach for a date I really would not have thought about but since I had a week that was expiring soon decided to make the exchange. It's for Labor day week at the Blue Whale in Oceanside.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I thought it was worse and made searches more complicated. However, searching yesterday by zip code I found a resort near me on the beach for a date I really would not have thought about but since I had a week that was expiring soon decided to make the exchange. It's for Labor day week at the Blue Whale in Oceanside.

You’ll love the whale. It’s not fancy or luxurious but it is right on the sand. Hopefully you get unit 1 or 2 which have the porch on the bike path. Just lock your stuff up at night. Lots of critters roaming in the evening looking for “free” stuff.

Arb

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can search Alabama only by Zip code. I hate this.

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't like the new system with the dates. It automatically defaults to a year out from the current day but there are resorts that have inventory beyond 12 months. And there's no quick way to change the dates. You have to click through each month. Then when you change the search, you have to do a brand new search and the dates all over again

The good thing though is that you can search multiple states at a time

Bad thing is that when you change the country, everything resets

I do like that the new system now shows whether a unit is red, white or blue season so that you'll know if you need to pay an upgrade fee or not when you book.

Last edited:

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Before this "enhancement" there were 100s of weeks available on Maui. Mostly Kahana Falls & The Maui Schooner (TPI manages both of these). Now I find 58 weeks at Kahana Falls only and they're all hotels units except one!!!!!! Are they flippin serious? A lot of weeks have vanished in less than 2 weeks. Hope they'll fix this problem soon.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Before this "enhancement" there were 100s of weeks available on Maui. Mostly Kahana Falls & The Maui Schooner (TPI manages both of these). Now I find 58 weeks at Kahana Falls only and they're all hotels units except one!!!!!! Are they flippin serious? A lot of weeks have vanished in less than 2 weeks. Hope they'll fix this problem soon.

I have noticed this too. I may call them and see if there is any Maui Schooner available. I am looking for a second week in May. I do see a Kahana Falls for the week I’m looking for. I’ll be curious to see if they have other availability when I call.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am remembering right...Did Trading Places get bought by interval Internantional?

I noticed the Maui weeks gone too....they had Maui schooner Jan-June of 2022... I don't see any now.... it must have been a glitch because now they are back... At least April-July 2022

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I am remembering right...Did Trading Places get bought by interval Internantional?

I noticed the Maui weeks gone too....they had Maui schooner Jan-June of 2022... I don't see any now.... it must have been a glitch because now they are back... At least April-July 2022

When I search now, I just get Loading going across my screen and. Nothing comes up, it just keeps going. It was like that when it first changed over for me too.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I search now, I just get Loading going across my screen and. Nothing comes up, it just keeps going. It was like that when it first changed over for me too.

It was like that for me when I first tried it...at least for Maui...it just never loaded. Today I see one April 2021 and 25 weeks in 2022 for Maui Schooner

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It was like that for me when I first tried it...at least for Maui...it just never loaded. Today I see one April 2021 and 25 weeks in 2022 for Maui Schooner

I just looked and only see Kahana falls.:shrug:

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Slip

Are you sure you changed the dates? When I first looked this morning I didn't see any but then realized that I didn't change the date...it defaults to 1 year. Most of the weeks were in 2022. There was only 1 april 2021. The default date they don't show up

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I didn’t change the dates but I only get Kahana Falls for one year from today. Before they made their upgrade there were more Maui Schooner weeks.

I just used one of my bonus weeks for my daughter. She is visiting us Memorial Day week and there was a one bedroom available 4 blocks from our apartment so that worked great. I have been surprised by the bonus weeks available here on Oahu.

We may just go to Molokai instead of the second Maui week. Sounds like inter-island restrictions will be gone by May. We’ll see.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One week at the Schooner for this summer. Nada Jan>Apr 2022. So sad. I wonder what happened? Maybe TPI doesn't manage it anymore.

I do see the May & June weeks for 2022. Boooo...

Last edited:

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have noticed this too. I may call them and see if there is any Maui Schooner available. I am looking for a second week in May. I do see a Kahana Falls for the week I’m looking for. I’ll be curious to see if they have other availability when I call.
Did you ever call them?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you ever call them?

No, I checked the next day and some availability did show up. It was definitely not running smoothly when it was first rolled out. Seems better now.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, I checked the next day and some availability did show up. It was definitely not running smoothly when it was first rolled out. Seems better now.
Well, something's hinky. :) I've always been able to exchange into MS if I started 12-13 mounts out. We were there in Jan./Feb this year and there were NO weeks available for Jan./Feb. 2022. Strange.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, something's hinky. :) I've always been able to exchange into MS if I started 12-13 mounts out. We were there in Jan./Feb this year and there were NO weeks available for Jan./Feb. 2022. Strange.

I thought I saw some in December and January but not now. I was mainly looking for a week to add in to our week there in May. I thought I saw some of those too but only a couple weeks total available the last time I checked. We can’t decide if we want to stay on Maui or head to our condo on Mokokai for a week. I wish Hawaii would make inter-island travel easier by May.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I thought I saw some in December and January but not now. I was mainly looking for a week to add in to our week there in May. I thought I saw some of those too but only a couple weeks total available the last time I checked. We can’t decide if we want to stay on Maui or head to our condo on Mokokai for a week. I wish Hawaii would make inter-island travel easier by May.

May? Not going to happen unless you mean May of 2022. Don't you love Governor Ige?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
May? Not going to happen unless you mean May of 2022. Don't you love Governor Ige?

My wife and I will both have both shots and 14 days but we’ll still probably have to get a COVID test.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now I see 16 weeks at Maui Schooner for May 20, 2022 through July 3, 2022.