• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trading Places Came Through for Our Big Island Trip

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
This is right up my alley. I have the book Petroglyph's of Hawaii so I will want to bring that with when I make this trip.

Mahalo for the awesome link.:thumbup:

These are two images I took there this year. I also know a little insider secret about the place I'll share with you privately before you go. Ask me later.

Dave

IMG_6324.JPG

IMG_6325.JPG

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

Here are a couple of articles about petroglyphs where my uncle was interviewed. There is some interesting information about the petroglyph field near Waikoloa.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Here are a couple of articles about petroglyphs where my uncle was interviewed. There is some interesting information about the petroglyph field near Waikoloa.

Very, very cool, Mahalo!!!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Ah, what the heck. @slip, everyone needs to know about this:

If you make the hike from the parking area out to the Pu'uloa Petroglyphs inside Volcano National Park, you'll end up on a wooden loop walkway. As you look around, there are any number of petroglyphs in the lava rock surrounding this walkway. It looks like this:

puuloa-petroglyph-boardwalk_688.jpg

But check this picture:

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 4.08.30 PM.png

Go to the far end of the loop walkway, then step down off of it. Walk straight ahead, and around the back of the hillside to the right of it, as indicated by the arrow I've put on the picture above. Don't walk on the plants - stay on the dirt. There is no trail at this point, so pay attention to where you are, and how to get back to the wooden walkway.

Here's the secret: There are THOUSANDS of petroglyphs on the backside of that hill. I was told about this by a Ranger more than 20 years ago, and she was right. They're everywhere back there. It's worth the extra effort to find them.

Ssshh! Don't tell anyone!

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
@slip Jeff, check Reply #56.

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@slip Jeff, check Reply #56.

Dave

Just saw it Aloha. This will be a nice walk of my friend Ron comes along. That will be awesome. Right up my alley. Mahalo :thumbup: (still no Shaka Emoji :D).

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@DaveNV @slip @klpca If you want to see petroglyphs, come to New Mexico. :D
I would love to. The easiest petroglyphs I've ever seen was at Capitol Reef NP. You could walk right up to them on a trail! It's fascinating to see similar petroglyphs in very different locations.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I would love to. The easiest petroglyphs I've ever seen was at Capitol Reef NP. You could walk right up to them on a trail! It's fascinating to see similar petroglyphs in very different locations.

Capitol Reef is another of those little-known places. You won't "accidentally" drive by the place, and you have to seek it out. But man, what a pretty place that is.

Dave

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Capitol Reef is another of those little-known places. You won't "accidentally" drive by the place, and you have to seek it out. But man, what a pretty place that is.

Dave
Best surprise on our Utah trip!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Best surprise on our Utah trip!

That says a lot, considering how many amazing places are in Utah to be found. I first visited Capitol Reef in about 1984 or so, when a group of a dozen friends from San Diego (including myself) made the trek to a week spent house boating on Lake Powell. We detoured north on the way home, and toured Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, then hopped over onto Utah's Scenic Highway 12, and toured Capital Reef and later Bryce Canyon. Quite a spectacular trip!

Dave