• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trading into Wyndham or other Resorts

borisaurus

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are easy. Actually much easier than deeds. Only buy through the HGV resale office though (Craig Lodges not Craig Suites). They are Elite qualifying and almost the only way to get Elite any longer. I can share the sales page when I get back to my PC.
Cool thanks. I did the math on our vacations and what I got seemed like a good deal for now. If we need more points in the future I'll definitely look into Scotland and pay attention more to lower MFs

borisaurus

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are some posts in Sightings/ Distressed, a forum you cannot see until you join TUG. It's worthy of the $15 you will pay. I have posted dozens of Wyndham Bonnet Creek in recent weeks that I see via RCI. I just don't know what it would cost you in Hilton points because I posted in RCI Points. Those weeks are being given away. Also, I think the Extra Vacations has a bunch of Bonnet Creek as well, and you can book that without exchange fees. I will post that info over on Sightings, so you can see it, but again, you need to join TUG to see that part of the BBS. It's not even a forum you can view without a membership.

Hilton is a great system, and one of the few we have never owned but have been thinking about it for Maui.
I did join TUG! Not sure why it still says guest under my name

borisaurus

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are some posts in Sightings/ Distressed, a forum you cannot see until you join TUG. It's worthy of the $15 you will pay. I have posted dozens of Wyndham Bonnet Creek in recent weeks that I see via RCI. I just don't know what it would cost you in Hilton points because I posted in RCI Points. Those weeks are being given away. Also, I think the Extra Vacations has a bunch of Bonnet Creek as well, and you can book that without exchange fees. I will post that info over on Sightings, so you can see it, but again, you need to join TUG to see that part of the BBS. It's not even a forum you can view without a membership.

Hilton is a great system, and one of the few we have never owned but have been thinking about it for Maui.
Thanks for the info! I believe Hilton points are fixed exchange so it should be the same as any other 2br on RCI (7680 weekly I think we determined earlier in this thread)

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
You have to update your membership to get it to show up. Maybe log out and log back in again? I have been a member since 2005, so I am unsure how to do it. I just posted a lot of inventory in Extra Vacations for Bonnet Creek. It's a regular occurrence, lots of inventory in RCI.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Thanks for the info! I believe Hilton points are fixed exchange so it should be the same as any other 2br on RCI (7680 weekly I think we determined earlier in this thread)
Depends on the season and location. 7680 in HGVC is a 1 bed plat at most locations but RCI a little different. You can look at the club rules in the sticky and there is a RCI section with the RCI points table

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Putting all the other issues aside, I have used RCI and I have a 5 day reservation at a Wyndham in October. The HGVC-RCI let's you see weeks and points inventory, the reservation I have was listed as 5 weekdays. I've also traded back in to HGV resorts, but not as much lately since they instituted daily resort fees.

I've also used cash stays, not using HGV points, you also get access to Last Call and Extra Vacations.

borisaurus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what you are looking at but I would wait until you found one with better MF/pt ratio. There isn’t a rush. Remember, MFs will be for as long as you own the deed.
Yes I understand how it works thanks. I already purchased the deed and waiting for it to clear ROFR. Based on my calculations on my family's vacation stays the MF was fine. I'm OK with not getting the lowest possible bargain at this time.

I looked at listings on redweek, ebay, fidelity and even some on the TUG marketplace.

Could I have spent a few thousand dollars more on points I don't currently need just to say I have a low MF/pt ratio? Sure. I chose to go with an appropriate number of points for my family at a price point I was comfortable with

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Some of the best deals in RCI are the Hilton Club locations

borisaurus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Putting all the other issues aside, I have used RCI and I have a 5 day reservation at a Wyndham in October. The HGC-RCI let's you see weeks and points inventory, the reservation I have was listed as 5 weekdays. I've also traded back in to HGV resorts, but not as much lately since they instituted daily resort fees.

I've also used cash stays, not using HGV points, you also get access to Last Call and Extra Vacations.
Thanks for the info! Good info. 5 day stays is what I'm hoping to utilize most of my pts for whether through rci or hgvc direct

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Thanks for the info! Good info. 5 day stays is what I'm hoping to utilize most of my pts for whether through rci or hgvc direct

It was only 3264 points, and the $299 reservation fee is pro-rated down for shorter stays. At 10 cents a point it works out a little over $100 a night, cheaper than a Hampton Inn.

1716852791028.png

borisaurus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depends on the season and location. 7680 in HGVC is a 1 bed plat at most locations but RCI a little different. You can look at the club rules in the sticky and there is a RCI section with the RCI points table
If I understand correctly--and one of the reasons I posted this thread is to see if I could mine some more information regarding these exchanges---is that HGVC has a fixed exchange system with RCI and based on the chart in the 2024 thread, it looks like 7680 is the higher end of the 2bd rate for RCI properties. This actually tracks with what they told us in the sales presentation which is that the HGVC points in rci can be used for the next step up (aka 7680 1bd points in rci can be used for a 2bd)

borisaurus

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was only 3264 points, and the $299 reservation fee is pro-rated down for shorter stays. At 10 cents a point it works out a little over $100 a night, cheaper than a Hampton Inn.

View attachment 93583
Love to see it/hear it. I will definitely be exploring how to maximize our points and make it worthwhile for the kiddos if/once the transfer goes through

borisaurus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some of the best deals in RCI are the Hilton Club locations
I work in NYC (Actually the Hilton Midtown where The Residences and HC are is one of my clients) so staying at a hotel there is not appealing to me at all haha. Maybe DC midweek though, we'll see

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I work in NYC (Actually the Hilton Midtown where The Residences and HC are is one of my clients) so staying at a hotel there is not appealing to me at all haha. Maybe DC midweek though, we'll see
There are other HC outside NYC, like Charleston, Elara, DC. I have seen some nice point stays for DC. Also, non -HC owners have a shorter booking window so RCI is a work around to longer booking windows without owning there.

borisaurus

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are other HC outside NYC, like Charleston, Elara, DC. I have seen some nice point stays for DC. Also, non -HC owners have a shorter booking window so RCI is a work around to longer booking windows without owning there.
Yeah I might consider DC. Charleston is too far a drive for a quick getaway (if I'm driving that far with kids I'm going all the way to orlando hahaha) and Vegas isn't an option right now.

The point requirements for the HC properties seem very high, too. With the family we'd probably be out and about all day anyway. Unless the DC property is significantly nicer than other hotels around id probably opt for a doubletree or hampton inn

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yeah I might consider DC. Charleston is too far a drive for a quick getaway (if I'm driving that far with kids I'm going all the way to orlando hahaha) and Vegas isn't an option right now.

The point requirements for the HC properties seem very high, too. With the family we'd probably be out and about all day anyway. Unless the DC property is significantly nicer than other hotels around id probably opt for a doubletree or hampton inn
Here is a 1 bed week at The District

1000007450.png

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Wow so a workaround not only in terms of the booking window but also much cheaper in points
True, but there is a higher exchange fee plus (I think) a resort fee.

I would still rather "pay as I go" with RCI instead of investing in a lot more HGVC points. Its a tradeoff.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
True, but there is a higher exchange fee plus (I think) a resort fee.

I would still rather "pay as I go" with RCI instead of investing in a lot more HGVC points. Its a tradeoff.
No resort fees for HC. There is only a short stay fee at W57th.

There is the booking fee though.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is another interesting thing with HC via RCI

3 weeks, only 1 booking fee, and may be housekeeping fee:
1716866680979.png

1716866717308.png

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Hello all,

In the process of buying HGVC points (through resale, fingers crossed it passes ROFR).

However, we have young kids (5 and 1) and besides the occasional water slide or splash pad in Orlando (Hawaii not an option for us right now) I've noticed HGVC doesn't really cater to children as much as some resorts in the HICV or Club Wyndham systems do. So I wanted to know if any HGVC owners on here have traded into some of these other systems using RCI?

We're thinking of doing a Dollywood trip in early November and if we get our points by then, I was thinking about seeing availability for either the HICV Smoky Mountain resort or the Club Wyndham great smokies lodge. Also we usually do Disney in early January (week 2 or 3) and I was thinking of forgoing Parc Soleil for Orange Lake or Sheraton Vistana. Just because there's more robust water slides and activities.

Does anyone have experience with this? I know it's not the most efficient use of points, but it doesn't seem to be totally inefficient either for the added value for us personally.

Thanks in advance

I believe that excahnging into an RCI resort with HGVC is OK if there are no HGVC resorts in the area. HGVC has lots of resorts in Orlando so I would use one of them rather than pay the $299 exchange fee. However, if you have your heart set on Dollywood where HGVC has no presents then do an exchange and pay the exchange fee.

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
I believe that excahnging into an RCI resort with HGVC is OK if there are no HGVC resorts in the area. HGVC has lots of resorts in Orlando so I would use one of them rather than pay the $299 exchange fee.
HGVC doesn't have any regional blackouts.

Disney owners are blocked from Orlando.