• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trading into Hyatt Residence Club Kaanapali

bvmd73

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Sedona
Wyndham Flagstaff
Club Wyndham Access
Four Seasons Aviara
Hyatt Piñon Point
Viva Wyndham Freeport
Astoria Palawan
Hi everyone,

I’m a new Member but have been researching here on the forum for a few years already and now I wanted to share my experience. So here is my first post...

I just got back from Maui today (great vacation!) and I stayed at Westin Ocean Villas Kaanapali 1 bedroom for 3 nights that I rented through EBay then I moved to HRC kaanapali for the last 4 nights. I own a bronze week at Hyatt Sedona (Thanksgiving week) every odd year (1400 pts) and I was able to book (few months ago) a 3 bedroom unit at Kaanapali for 1180 pts (which was extremely lucky I’ve been told and only happened because of COVID).There are only 12 of these 3 bedroom corner units and it was impressively large with an awesome wraparound balcony. What an ocean view from my 3rd floor balcony!

Anyways, I want to go back next year so I was trying to figure out how to do that since my Hyatt
Sedona is only EOY pts. I went to the owners update and they offered a 2 bedroom unit for $36k but of course I said no since I plan to buy resale. So my question is should I buy kaanapali resale or a different Hyatt location (probably Highlands inn in Carmel) and hope that I get lucky again to find availability in Kaanapali next year for Spring Break. I’ll even be happy in a 2 bedroom but will always dream of the 3 bedroom.

Thanks in advance and great to be part of the forum.

Last edited:

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
Hi everyone,

I’m a new Member but have been researching here on the forum for a few years already and now I wanted to share my experience. So here is my first post...

I just got back from Maui today (great vacation!) and I stayed at Westin Ocean Villas Kaanapali 1 bedroom for 3 nights that I rented through EBay then I moved to HRC kaanapali for the last 4 nights. I own a bronze week at Hyatt Sedona (Thanksgiving week) every odd year (1400 pts) and I was able to book (few months ago) a 3 bedroom unit at Kaanapali for 1180 pts (which was extremely lucky I’ve been told and only happened because of COVID).There are only 12 of these 8 bedroom corner units and it was impressively large with an awesome wraparound balcony. What an ocean view from my 3rd floor balcony!

Anyways, I want to go back next year so I was trying to figure out how to do that since my Hyatt
Sedona is only EOY pts. I went to the owners update and they offered a 2 bedroom unit for $36k but of course I said no since I plan to buy resale. So my question is should I buy kaanapali resale or a different Hyatt location (probably Highlands inn in Carmel) and hope that I get lucky again to find availability in Kaanapali next year for Spring Break. I’ll even be happy in a 2 bedroom but will always dream of the 3 bedroom.

Thanks in advance and great to be part of the forum.
I'm in a similar position. I also own Sedona (love it). You really lucked out with Hawaii! I also have a Marriott week on deposit with II and am trying to trade in 18-22 months out. If you are going for another Hyatt resale, try to get 1880 or 2000 points at a low MF reseort like TX or AZ. Good luck!

socaltimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
hope that I get lucky again to find availability in Kaanapali next year for Spring Break.
Hyatt Kaanapali is not the easiest to trade into. If you need a specific week / timeframe, fixed week is best. Some have reported success with floating weeks also however I’d assume this will get more challenging over time as more float units are sold. A fixed week also allows you to predictably snag reward flights in advance.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got back from Maui today (great vacation!) and I stayed at Westin Ocean Villas Kaanapali 1 bedroom for 3 nights that I rented through EBay then I moved to HRC kaanapali for the last 4 nights. I own a bronze week at Hyatt Sedona (Thanksgiving week) every odd year (1400 pts) and I was able to book (few months ago) a 3 bedroom unit at Kaanapali for 1180 pts (which was extremely lucky I’ve been told and only happened because of COVID).There are only 12 of these 3 bedroom corner units and it was impressively large with an awesome wraparound balcony. What an ocean view from my 3rd floor balcony!

Outside of pandemic times, this was a difficult trade internally. I'd expect things to get back to normal scarcity in terms of trading -- people who pay that amount in mfs, are usually not trading in for other locations during non-pandemic times.

If you need a specific time, best bet is to buy HRC Maui fixed week. I wouldn't plan on buying elsewhere, and easily getting trades internally for HRC Maui. Of course, with Welk integration, there is also chances of the HPP product changing, but we will have to wait and see.

-ryan