• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tradewinds exuma

Keep Traveling

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was really only one and one day place to snorkel. That’s was at thunder ball grotto. They offered other days to go snorkel but very very few fish and not much coral. I did a dive too and it made the top five worst dives I’ve done. But very picturesque

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
There was really only one and one day place to snorkel. That’s was at thunder ball grotto. They offered other days to go snorkel but very very few fish and not much coral. I did a dive too and it made the top five worst dives I’ve done. But very picturesque
I just started a thread about diving. I’m starting diving in two weeks in Bora Bora on tradewinds. I’m a bit nervous, so to curb my nerves I’m buying my own regulator and dive computer. Having a quality regulator may help with my anxiety? I am between aqualung core and cressi compact regulator. I think the aqualung even though it’s a closeout sale and it’s discontinued, it seems like a better regulator as both first and second stage are balanced. I’m also buying an aqualung discontinued dive computer the i450T. Any advice for a new diver who has only done pool dives?

Keep Traveling

TUG Member
Reaction score
Both of those are good. I like the compact ones but both are equally safe and that’s what matters. They all will last a long time if you get them serviced 12-18 months just fine

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I just started a thread about diving. I’m starting diving in two weeks in Bora Bora on tradewinds. I’m a bit nervous, so to curb my nerves I’m buying my own regulator and dive computer. Having a quality regulator may help with my anxiety? I am between aqualung core and cressi compact regulator. I think the aqualung even though it’s a closeout sale and it’s discontinued, it seems like a better regulator as both first and second stage are balanced. I’m also buying an aqualung discontinued dive computer the i450T. Any advice for a new diver who has only done pool dives?

The diving in FP is not offered by tradewinds, as french laws are too restrictive. A local dive shop will have to take you. I used Top Dive, they were terrific. They operate on many different islands and if you buy a multi dive package, it can be used at ANY of the Top Dive locations. I sent a week on Land in FP on some different islands and then I went on Tradewinds. There were several dives I did in Tikehau that it was just me and the dive master.

Don't know if I should mention this or not, but let me ask first how are you with see Sharks?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
The diving in FP is not offered by tradewinds, as french laws are too restrictive. A local dive shop will have to take you. I used Top Dive, they were terrific. They operate on many different islands and if you buy a multi dive package, it can be used at ANY of the Top Dive locations. I sent a week on Land in FP on some different islands and then I went on Tradewinds. There were several dives I did in Tikehau that it was just me and the dive master.

Don't know if I should mention this or not, but let me ask first how are you with see Sharks?

I’ve been in contact with the dive operator that TW uses. I’ve also been coordinating with Sylvain the Base manager in FP and he is working out the dates I’ll be in Bora Bora for the 4 certification dives.

As far as sharks are concerned , I’m prepared (I think). Luckily I’ll be in water and in my own wet suit in case I get it wet LOL. I’ve read up on the fact that it’s going to happen and I “should” be fine lol.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have never seen more sharks on dives than in FP. Now that being said they are lemon sharks or black tip reef sharks. Your run of the mill friendly enough kind of sharks. I like shark and I am just fine seeing them, but often non-divers freak out when you use the S work.

Normally on a dive you might see 1 shark. In FP you might see 5 - 10 and all at the same time.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I have never seen more sharks on dives than in FP. Now that being said they are lemon sharks or black tip reef sharks. Your run of the mill friendly enough kind of sharks. I like shark and I am just fine seeing them, but often non-divers freak out when you use the S work.

Normally on a dive you might see 1 shark. In FP you might see 5 - 10 and all at the same time.
I gathered that there would be many of them from the videos I’ve seen on YouTube. I will make for a great instagram post though haha

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Hi @Sandy VDH, where did you stay before/after your Exumas trip?

Thanks, Carol

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi @Sandy VDH, where did you stay before/after your Exumas trip?

Thanks, Carol

I didn't. I did a 1 way southbound from Nassau to Exuma, and flew out the day I arrived in Exuma. If you want to splurge Sandals is right there next to the Marina.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Another great place is grand isle resort next to sandals

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I didn't. I did a 1 way southbound from Nassau to Exuma, and flew out the day I arrived in Exuma. If you want to splurge Sandals is right there next to the Marina.

I can’t do Sandals, I’m traveling solo this trip.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Another great place is grand isle resort next to sandals

It’s just me this trip - I don’t need an 1,250 sq ft villa. I’ll ask for suggestions on the TW FB page.

Off topic of the Exumas, I’m sailing in Belize on May 28th.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
It’s just me this trip - I don’t need an 1,250 sq ft villa. I’ll ask for suggestions on the TW FB page.

Off topic of the Exumas, I’m sailing in Belize on May 28th.

A 1250sq ft is always needed haha