• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trader Joe's Burrata, Prosciutto & Arugula Flatbread - Wonderful

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
On a whim yesterday while at Trader Joe's I threw a package of the Burrata, Prosciutto & Arugula Flatbread in my shopping cart. At the checkout stand the clerk said it was awesome.

So I popped it in the oven for lunch today. DW said she liked it, but I knew she really liked it when she took the empty box from the counter and looked it over instead of just putting in the recycle box.

So now I have a new standing item on my TJ's shopping list.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Mini Pizzas

I get bored with eating the same things over and over. I'm not that creative, and for a starchy side dish my sister would eat mac and cheese or rice every time if she could.

Last time I was at TJ's, I bought a four pack of "quatro fromaggi" pizza, and we've been eating one of those as a side dish. Yummy. My sister now wants to eat them for lunch. So far I'm hiding them :)

Fern

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
You guys are making me jealous

As far as I know we do not have TJ up here in Canada...at least not in Edmonton );

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Wish we had a Trader Joes nearby. :(

Chrispee

TUG Member
Reaction score
As far as I know we do not have TJ up here in Canada...at least not in Edmonton );

You are correct, no TJs in Canada. We head down to Bellingham every couple of months to stock up!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
DW's weakness at Trader Joe's is the Speculoos Cookie Butter. Think PB with crumbled Delta Airline cookies in it.

I like their biscotti. And a few other goodies. The Kennebunk IPA ain't bad either.

Jim

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
On a whim yesterday while at Trader Joe's I threw a package of the Burrata, Prosciutto & Arugula Flatbread in my shopping cart. At the checkout stand the clerk said it was awesome.

So I popped it in the oven for lunch today. DW said she liked it, but I knew she really liked it when she took the empty box from the counter and looked it over instead of just putting in the recycle box.

So now I have a new standing item on my TJ's shopping list.

Sounds like trip to Trader Joe's, Monday.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I get bored with eating the same things over and over. I'm not that creative, and for a starchy side dish my sister would eat mac and cheese or rice every time if she could.

Last time I was at TJ's, I bought a four pack of "quatro fromaggi" pizza, and we've been eating one of those as a side dish. Yummy. My sister now wants to eat them for lunch. So far I'm hiding them :)

Fern
Fern -

I often add some extra toppings to one of the TJ's pizzas to increase the variety. Some of the items I often add included chopped onion, tomatoes (either sliced cherry tomatoes or TJ's julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes), marinated artichokes, mushrooms, or some quality salami or sausage.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Orlando area has 2 Trader Joes. My DD makes trips there twice a month. I have been a couple of times. Usually go if there is one nearby on vacations. Went in Boston, Hyannis and next visit to Ft Lauderdale, am going, they opened a new one there! Oh yeah, also have been to Trader Joe in Tampa too!

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
So, some of the standing items on our TJ's list (compiled among the three of us in our household - each of us has our favorites):

• chicken gyozu (frozen foods). I add three of them to boiling along with a package or ramen and some sriracha sauce to make a simple, wonderful, and nutritious lunch soup. Also a great appetizer with asain foods.
  • pork buns (frozen food). Best if you have a steamer (which every good kitchen should have). Just like the pork buns I bought from street vendors in Oakland and Berkeley when I worked there.
  • Rosemary Round artisan bread
  • marinated artichokes. Trader Joe's marinated are softer and have a bit more tang than other varieties
  • mandarin orange chicken
  • any of their salsas
  • refried beans (with jalpenos, salsa style, or cuban style)
  • arugula frozen pizza
  • seafood blend
  • pesto sauce (like theirs better than others - smoother and stronger flavored)
  • Oyster crackers. TJs have a crispness and snack that many others seem to lack
  • ruggiano parmesan cheese. We use this freshly grated.
  • garlic aioli mustard. (one of our favorite toppings on baked salmon)
  • thai curry sauces. Simmer with chicken and serve on rice. Throw a few extras items into the simmar sauce as you prefer
There are some things I don't get at TJ's because they are too dangerous to have around the house. I have more willpower in the store than I do at home. Principal among these is mochi. There were too many times that a mochi package was gone by the time I got home.

Most of TJ's produce is meh - no better than Safeway. For really good produce I go the nearby asian market.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You are correct, no TJs in Canada. We head down to Bellingham every couple of months to stock up!

And half the cars in the parking lot are from BC. It's always a gong show in there, but we love it. They have this chocolate and nut covered English toffee that is absolutely my favourite candy in the world.

After I wrote that I realized I sound like my six year old grandson!!