• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trade - RCI Weeks - Before They Expire

DoubleR

TUG Member
Reaction score
[EDITED: I have RCI points (weeks/TPU) that expire in a few months, and need suggestions regarding how to use them.]

[*Your post has been edited, so that it doesn't come across as an Ad. You may not be aware of this but RCI doesn't permit you to rent points, reservations made with points, or any of their products. If you quietly rent to friends or family and explain the situation to them, you will probably be OK. But if you advertise to strangers on the internet, you are far more likely to get caught. Please review the instructions at the top of the Sightings and Distressed forum for posting a Distressed Post, for another alternative.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Sorry...I tried to post this as an Exchange Ad, but the system required me to list a resort, so I'm trying this:

I have 38 Trading Points available through RCI Weeks that I cannot use before they expire on 30-Apr-2019.

So my options are either let them expire (unused), or trade, swap, barter, or ? for the use of them.

My points expire on 30-APR-2019, so a vacation week must start before that date, but it can end after that date. I would have to book the week through my account, then gift it to you. Normal Exchange Fee = $239 + Gift Fee - $89 for a total of $328. Plus whatever we decide swap or barter for.

You don’t have to necessarily be an RCI member to get these gifted to you, but you must be able to search the RCI site to decide which week you want to have.

38 Trading Points are a lot (I have combined several units together to get this value). Of course you can take multiple trips with the 38 points, but it will cost you the normal Exchange Fee = $239 + Gift Fee - $89 for a total of $328 per trip.

Be creative, and give my your best idea(s).

Thanks
Rex
Rci has a feature to extend your deposit for up to 12 months for a fee.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
RCI - Won’t by their contract allow you to barter with them either.

If you do barter, sell etc. Do with someone you know or trust. If you do with a stranger and something goes sideways and complains to RCI you could get all reservations cancelled and lose your member access.

I’m in RCI Points and have like 664,000 points. I just extended some this month

DoubleR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry...I tried to post this as an Exchange Ad, but the system required me to list a resort, so I'm trying this:

I have 38 Trading Points available through RCI Weeks that I cannot use before they expire on 30-Apr-2019.

So my options are either let them expire (unused), or trade, swap, barter, or ? for the use of them.

My points expire on 30-APR-2019, so a vacation week must start before that date, but it can end after that date. I would have to book the week through my account, then gift it to you. Normal Exchange Fee = $239 + Gift Fee - $89 for a total of $328. Plus whatever we decide swap or barter for.

You don’t have to necessarily be an RCI member to get these gifted to you, but you must be able to search the RCI site to decide which week you want to have.

38 Trading Points are a lot (I have combined several units together to get this value). Of course you can take multiple trips with the 38 points, but it will cost you the normal Exchange Fee = $239 + Gift Fee - $89 for a total of $328 per trip.

Be creative, and give my your best idea(s).

Thanks
Rex

Thanks for all the suggestions!
1. Yes RCI does let you extend your points for a few times, which I have already extended the maximum number of times, so I can not longer extend them.
2. RCI doesn't offer any help, they say just to use it before it expires.
3. Yes, being able to work with someone I can trust, will be tricky.
4. I don't plan renewing my RCI membership after it expires.

DoubleR

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI - Won’t by their contract allow you to barter with them either.

If you do barter, sell etc. Do with someone you know or trust. If you do with a stranger and something goes sideways and complains to RCI you could get all reservations cancelled and lose your member access.

I’m in RCI Points and have like 664,000 points. I just extended some this month

Thanks for the info...I have RCI Weeks, not RCI Points, so the weeks can longer be extended. It sound like the RCI Points System is more flexible than the Weeks System.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Week Can be extended for a fee thru RCI

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a limit on how far you an extend a particular deposit. But, you can combine extended deposits, which gives you more time if you combine near the expiration date. You might also be able to later extend combined deposits, but I have not tested that particular feature with already-extended components. I suspect you can.