• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trade Power -- Which is better?

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Depends.

Does a 1BR on the beach have better trade power than a full 2BR inland?
Which season on the beach ?

What location inland ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.å​

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
As Alan said, it depends on the location, the resort and the week.

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean Pointe (on the beach)

Grande Vista or Legends Edge (inland)

With the Florida Club, I have the option of either. I'm uncertain which II deems more valuable.

Thanks for any input.:)

Forgot to mention, this is Platinum season. I still have to follow the school schedule.

Last edited:

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
What do choose would also depend on the size unit you are looking to exchange for. If you need a two bedroom then you should deposit a two bedroom. II doesnt allow you to place an ongoing request for a larger unit than you are depositing.

I doubt you will see much difference between the trading power of the three resorts. Because of the ability to request a two bedroom, I would probably choose Legends Edge or GV.

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
1 Bedroom on Beach vs 2 Bedroom Inland

We have a one bedroom week 4, on the gulf side, beach front. It is a super trader and will always pull 2 BR units inland with RCI.

This is the Jamaican on the Gulf, a silver crown resort.

It will pull many nice 1 BR's on other beaches, but not always 2 BR's on the beach.

We also have a 2 BR, beach front resort, that is an excellent trader in RCI. The Resort on Cocoa Beach. It will pull nice 2 BR on other beaches.

All depends on time of year, how early you deposit, and book ahead.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trading with RCI is much different than with II. RCI places more emphasis on location while II favors resort quality over anything else.

Lazz

Reaction score
Don't forget to check the maintenance fees. The fees for the beach front property could be much greater than the one inland.

Cindala

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean Pointe (on the beach)

Grande Vista or Legends Edge (inland)

With the Florida Club, I have the option of either. I'm uncertain which II deems more valuable.

Thanks for any input.:)

Forgot to mention, this is Platinum season. I still have to follow the school schedule.

Since you mentioned following the school schedule, I assume you are looking at summer weeks. At Grande Vista, summer weeks 22-34 are considered platinum. At Ocean Pointe those same weeks 22-34 are considered gold season. Something to consider.

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all of you valuable responses!

My conundrum is this:

Reserve a 1BR at Ocean Pointe-- is really too small for our family to use comfortably, so we would need to exchange for a 2BR elsewhere;

or

Reserve 2BR at Legends Edge where only 2BRs are available and exchange.

Does II favor Ocean Pointe over Legends Edge?

How likely is an exchange to happen with a 1BR deposit requesting only resorts with 2BR?

The school schedule for us would be summer, Christmas/New Years, Presidents Week, Easter Week. Unfortunately, we don't have the luxury of traveling when school is in session.

Thanks again for any words of wisdom.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
My advice, reserve a two bedroom at LE and put in an ongoing request for a two bedroom rather than limiting yourself to resorts that have nothing smaller than two bedroom units.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Call Interval and ask them their scores they give to the resorts you're considering buying. Then if everything else is equal (like annual maint fee and purchase price), buy the one that Interval ranks higher.

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all VERY much for your excellent suggestions. Your points are well taken. I'll post again after I reserve my week.