• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TPU Values for Cove at Yarmouth Week 31, 32, 33 and 34?

LobsterintheRough

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone with RCI membership let me know what the RCI TPUs are for The Cove at Yarmouth (RCI #1968) individual weeks 31, 32, 33 and 34? Thanks. I don't belong to RCI (I don't own a timeshare week yet). The Cove at Yarmouth timeshare options I'm currently considering are one week, every year, either TOWNHOUSE or SUITE (both types have 1 BR, 2 Full BA, with sleep sofa in living room, so capacity is 4). If it helps you look up the TPUs, another description says, "Each tastefully appointed accommodation features separate bedroom and living room areas, 2 FULL bathrooms, wet bar, refrigerator, Keurig coffee maker, microwave, toaster, two LED televisions, iHome Radios, and a DVD Player." There are NO full kitchens (apparently not allowed by the Town). If you own at the Cove at Yarmouth or elsewhere on Cape Cod and see any pros/cons of owning one particular week (31, 32, 33 or 34) over another in that timeframe, please describe. Over time, I envision a mix of using, renting out and exchanging/trading the unit. I don't know that it makes a difference in the TPUs, but I may have the opportunity to acquire either Fri-Fri, or Sun-Sun weeks. I doubt any of the units would be "waterview" if that affects the TPUs significantly.

JudiZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband and I stayed at The Cove at Yarmouth last year in January. It was a nice place - not glamorous but very nice. The staff was great. The amenities very good as well. The lack of a kitchen is really not a big deal when you have the Cape and its seafood restaurants everywhere. But when they say wet bar, think motel room, not mini-kitchen. Mini-frig, microwave, toaster and coffee maker on and in a counter area about five feet long.

I think not expecting a water view is realistic. The Cove is actually on what appears to be an inlet with only a small section (1/3?) looking out onto it. The outside area is beautiful and on a summer day would be splendid. It actually seems like a converted motel - rooms on both sides of the hall and numerous entrances and exits but the main residential building is interconnected. Parking is in a communal lot and even in January it wasn't easy to get a space near the entrance closest to our room.

The weeks that you are looking at are in August. That last week, 34, is usually the last week before school starts or, depending on where you are in New England, the actual first week of school. Honestly, for my money, these are also the best weeks at the Cape because the ocean is actually warm enough for swimming. Depending on your market, the first three would be better for New England families or anyone on a school schedule. As for Fri-Fri or Sun-Sun, Friday afternoons are a nightmare when heading for the Cape. If I were going to use/rent this, I would be Sun-Sun person. I actually do own on the Cape - week 26, Sat-Sat at Sea Mist in Mashpee (arguably the "beginning" of the Cape for those in Massachusetts). Chosen for all the reasons previously listed.

Good luck with your timeshare purchase.

Best,
Judi

LobsterintheRough

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. So do each of those weeks (31, 32, 33 & 34) at the Cove at Yarmouth have the same identical TPU value (29 per mdurette), or are there any differences in the TPUs among those particular weeks? If there are differences among them, what are the values for each distinct week?

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at it from the trade in side and it looks like points stay high into August. That last week might prove the only iffy one and I don't see anything on week 34. I think mdurette is spot on with 29.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
On RCI the two types are described as 4/4 or 4/2. Since you mention 2 bathrooms, I would imagine they are both 4/4 and the 4/2 is another type.
All 4 weeks get 29. For the 4/2 type all 4 weeks get 27.

LobsterintheRough

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Still curious if anyone can tell if a Cove at Yarmouth early August week gets a higher TPU than week 34 (last week of August), and if so, how much more (vs. the 29 TPUs per mdurette & JudiZ for the earlier weeks in August). Also, is there any variation in Cove at Yarmouth TPU value based on unit type (Townhouse vs. Suite) or view type for a given August week (not that I think we can acquire a water view unit)? Seems the Townhouse and Suite units (both types are 1 BR, 2 BA, sleep sofa, capacity of four people, 500 sq. ft total) are highly comparable to one another despite their very different configurations, and there might be pretty idiosyncratic reasons why someone might prefer one type over the other (i.e. the privacy/separation of having an upper, loft-like level vs. the effort or difficulty going up & down stairs, etc.). I see there are more townhouses than suites in the resort, so does that impact TPUs/exchanges or demand as a rental for one type vs. the other? Does one type of unit (Townhouse vs. Suite) rent more quickly if the units are the same week and are comparably located in the resort? We personally wouldn't have a problem with the stairs in a Townhouse unit (at least not for many years, we expect), and could see certain advantages to a townhouse, but I don't know that we have any real personal preference for one or the other type of unit, so we might be inclined toward whichever type might get more TPUs, or perhaps rent out faster or for a higher price.

LobsterintheRough

TUG Member
Reaction score
On RCI the two types are described as 4/4 or 4/2. Since you mention 2 bathrooms, I would imagine they are both 4/4 and the 4/2 is another type.
All 4 weeks get 29. For the 4/2 type all 4 weeks get 27.
Thanks tschwa2. Sorry I didn't see your post before I clicked send for my last post. I only know of the two types of units (Townhouse and Suite) and though they have very different configurations, they seem highly comparable (both have 2 FULL BA, separate BR area, sleep sofa, capacity 4). Maybe one of the types does get designated 4/2 and gets a lower TPU value (27 instead of 29) for those 4 weeks. Anyone know if this is the case, and if so, which type unit (Townhouse or Suite) gets the lower TPU value and which gets the higher TPU value? Also, I'm not clear on the meaning of the lingo/abbreviation of 4/4 vs 4/2. I assume the four on the front side of the forward slashes is the capacity of people. What does the number on the back side of the forward slashes represent? I guess RCI for TPU purposes could see one type of unit as being worth more (and the other less), while the resort itself gives both types the same rack rate when they rent them out.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The first number is sleeping capacity and the second number is private sleeping capacity. Usually it you have to go through the area where someone is sleeping to get to the bathroom then it isn't a private.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed at both kinds of units. My guess is the suite might rent better, because some people do have trouble with stairs and want first-floor, one-floor units. (I don't because they just feel damper and there's usually a damp odor when built on concrete, which this is.) Also - the townhouse we stayed in looked out over the indoor atrium. Although some people prefer that, I didn't prefer this one for location - darker and chlorine-y. But some folks will like because they can watch their kids at the pool while they hang out at the condo.

Not much help, but you might find out unit #'s so you can choose for your own preferences. Why don't you have a conversation with the office there about comparable rentals?

The staff there was really wonderful, and helped us out way above and beyond the call of duty when we had a medical emergency. From that standpoint, it would be a good place to own.