• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tourism in Tanzania, Covid edition

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
DannyTS - I am not commenting on countries where I do not have direct access to information or folks I am working with on the ground in country. And, I do not judge what is happening in any country on the basis of YouTube videos or FaceBook or Instagram. We know from data in our country people post what they want and do not post what they don't want to share publicly. That means the filter used for decision-making of what is posted and what is not is inconsistent and non-representative of life events in context. If I hang a picture on the wall, looking at it, what do you know about the context surrounding the photograph or drawing? Just because you see movement, does that fill in what is happening in the household, community, region, state, country, or world? No. Just as I decide what to hang on the wall, people post on social platforms what they want others to see.

I think you are giving some of these videos a lot less credit than they deserve, especially those from large weddings, events that have continued to be organized in these countries. You can clearly see whole families, people of all ages that are not afraid to be with others, you can even assess their weight if you want. I tried to share less nightlife videos, those are obviously more skewed towards the younger generation. To me, the way people interact at a wedding offers more raw information that some articles that can be a lot more filtered than this, especialy when I already know that their publishers have a certain bias.

Last edited:

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
France 24 (the French BBC) report on covid in Africa. I encourage people to watch the entire video.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
France 24 (the French BBC) report on covid in Africa. I encourage people to watch the entire video.

I am not sure why you posted it. It mentions that there have been 100,000 deaths in Africa for a population of 1.4 billion people (20 times less per capita than the US and similar to a very mild flu season) . If taken at face value, it would actually indicate that that the West has overexagerated the Covid problem and that the measures taken here have not improved the outcome, to the contrary

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
The lack of transparency from Tanzania continues.

Hospital doctors have been forbidden from referring to the disease in public.
However, in a busy hospital in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania's largest city, a doctor told the BBC there had been a marked increase in admissions of patients exhibiting respiratory symptoms consistent with Covid-19 over the past two months.
"There has also been an increase in patients requiring oxygen," he told us.
"The situation has been the same everywhere, in both public and private hospitals. Some patients are even buying oxygen for use at home.
"You can't put down Covid-19 because it is not recognised," he says, "so it puts you in an awkward position as a doctor, and we're getting no guidance on how to treat patients."
In mid-February, the Medical Association of Tanzania issued a carefully-worded statement about "an increase in patients with breathing difficulties".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The lack of transparency from Tanzania continues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Why would that be now Ken after a year of pandemic? If anything, if we look at India that peaked in September, In Tanzania Covid should be over or almost over after NO mitigation measures for 12 months.

This is in Nigeria, many other African countries do not seem to care about Covid and the results do not seem to be different than in the US or Canada (if not better), despite what the modelers predicted.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
The President of Tanzania is reported to have died.

The cause of death seems to be disputed, either Covid or Heart condition depending on which side you believe. Either way seems crazy that they were arresting people for even suggesting he was sick earlier this week.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
First thing I thought about, on seeing the news that the President of Tanzania, a Covid denier, had died was this thread.
Can you elaborate? Every year millions of people die of heart problems around the world. Some of them are 60 and younger. If you know more let us know. Whatever the reality is, the media is happy to report rumors. This news will be EVERYWHERE. The wedding in Nigeria, not so much. Why they did not reach herd immunity already (if they did not) after 12 months of pandemic and little to no mitigation measures... not interesting. Why the number of deaths is not 20 times more, as predicted by the modelers... banned news.
Rumors? YES, YES, YES!

Wedding in Nigeria.

Brett

Reaction score
First thing I thought about, on seeing the news that the President of Tanzania, a Covid denier, had died was this thread.

He was only 61 years old

tanz.jpg

President John Magufuli of Tanzania, a prominent COVID-19 skeptic in Africa whose populist rule often cast his East African country in a harsh international spotlight, has died. He was 61 years old. - It is alleged that he was sick from COVID-19.

https://www.news10.com/news/tanzanias-president-john-magufuli-has-died-at-61/

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tanzania’s president, John Magufuli 61 years old , one of Africa’s most prominent Covid-19 deniers, has died after a two-week absence from public life which prompted speculation that he had contracted the disease.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/17/tanzanias-president-john-magufuli-dies-aged-61
The "two week" absence is most telling. If it were really heart trouble, they would have just announced it without arresting people for the crime of asking about his condition.

Last edited:

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another interesting line from the lying media (I thought I would help Danny out) ...

On a single day in May 2020, more than 50 Tanzanian truck drivers crossing the border into Kenya tested positive for the coronavirus.
That month, Mr. Magufuli’s government stopped reporting coronavirus statistics to the World Health Organization. The numbers remained frozen at 509 infections and 21 deaths, prompting Mr. Magufuli to declare the pandemic “absolutely finished” in Tanzania.

Source Washington Post

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, I cannot elaborate, not to your satisfaction anyway...
The trouble with trying to reason with someone who is convinced of a conspiracy, is that it is impossibility.
The last four years cured me of trying to reason with anyone.
you blame others for conspiracies then you jump head down on the rumor... very consistent indeed

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The "two week" absence is most telling. If it were really heart trouble, they would have just announced it without arresting people for the crime of asking about his condition.
I did not realize how many fortune tellers we had around today. So the absense is telling that to you. The Korean dictator disapeared for few months a while back. What did that tell you? Somebody did not have a press conference in 50 days. What does it tell you?

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another interesting line from the lying media (I thought I would help Danny out) ...
That month, Mr. Magufuli’s government stopped reporting coronavirus statistics to the World Health Organization. The numbers remained frozen at 509 infections and 21 deaths, prompting Mr. Magufuli to declare the pandemic “absolutely finished” in Tanzania.

Source Washington Post
We are in March 2021 if you do not mind me pointing that out.

Didn't Washington post just retracted a story about Georgia? Wow it seems their sources in Kenia are more solid!

I have few questions for you if you can find in that article:
How many people they tested at the border? Was that common practice? Funny, other countries did not have enought tests last May for the population and were not testing inbound travellers but Kenia! We should move to a more advanced country! For sure they were a lot more advanced than Canada. How many cycles did they use for those tests?

1616035103217.png

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
special for all the contributors to this thread
Ifunanya weds Nnabuike (Nigeria)

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Zanzibar Vlog DAY 2.2: Spice Tour and Fruit Tasting | BEKTORINA

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Think they'll be wearing masks at the funeral?

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thing they'll be wearing masks at the funeral?
don't think at funerals (especially maskless) before going to bed, not good for your sleep.

Brett

Reaction score
Think they'll be wearing masks at the funeral?

probably

Mr. Magufuli made a final public appearances at a church in Dar es Salaam in late February. One of his top aides died the same day, presumably of covid-19. The president asked the people of his country to engage in three days of prayer to overcome a “respiratory disease,” which he did not name.
“Maybe we have wronged God somewhere,” he said. “Let us all repent.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...090fca-820b-11eb-9ca6-54e187ee4939_story.html

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
probably

Mr. Magufuli made a final public appearances at a church in Dar es Salaam in late February. One of his top aides died the same day, presumably of covid-19. The president asked the people of his country to engage in three days of prayer to overcome a “respiratory disease,” which he did not name.
“Maybe we have wronged God somewhere,” he said. “Let us all repent.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...090fca-820b-11eb-9ca6-54e187ee4939_story.html
The funny thing about these allegations, the chances for him to die from Covid at his age are pretty small. The chances of him AND his aid to die of covid are even smaller. The chances of him, his aid AND his vice-president to all die from Covid are next to none but hey, when you write obituaries for the WP, statistics is not a requirement. All you need is to alege.

We are still waiting for other African leaders to die, but I guess we can only focus on one country at a time. This is again in Nigeria

1616078639679.png

Last edited: