• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tourism in Tanzania, Covid edition

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Sweden:
Sweden has passed a new law allowing coronavirus lockdown restrictions after its death toll reached a new high
Not clear to me why you are jubilating. They have been doing a lot better than the US without any lock-downs, mandatory masks and so on. Whatever they do from now on does not change the past not to mention that we do not know what they will actually implement from that law.

Not to mention, 277 people did NOT die Thursday as Business insider claims, where did they attend the jounalism school? North East Siberia? Check your sources before you post.

"The country registered 277 new deaths, taking the total to 9,262. The deaths registered have typically occurred over several days and sometimes weeks. The Health Agency has said statistics over the Christmas period are less reliable than usual due to less testing and delays in reporting of deaths. "

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Speaking of Sweden:
Sweden has passed a new law allowing coronavirus lockdown restrictions after its death toll reached a new high

At least now they have the ability to lock down. About time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Not clear to me why you are jubilating. They have been doing a lot better than the US without any lock-downs, mandatory masks and so on. Whatever they do from now on does not change the past not to mention that we do not know what they will actually implement from that law.
Maybe because Sweden has not politicized it to the point we have here.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder what kind of International pressure they had to face, the only Western nation on the planet that did not lock down. Too many governments could not stand the humiliation of being reminded that Sweden has been doing better than them without the lockdowns. Now the DrQs and the Kens of world can finally say that even Sweden has to change its course (which remains to be seen of course).

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe because Sweden has not politicized it to the point we have here.
I guess you are right, their top doctor did not politicize it and did not recommend lock-downs.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll have to switch back to Tanzania, there is an International commission looking for the mass graves that Ken was referring to. These are its findings

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
More proof of the dire situation in Ghana without lockdowns. When is the last time you have seen people smiling? What do you think, is being locked for 9 months good for somebody with a heart condition?

Last edited:

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
delete

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I finally took five minutes to search on Covid news from Tanzania today. Based on incomplete data and denialism occurring in the country, I don't know how anyone can reach the conclusion that Covid is not a problem there. See the links below as just a few of the examples:

Tanzania hiding true number of Covid deaths, opposition says
Secret burials, overflowing hospitals and dead MPs, as president takes refuge in home village

Why we don’t know the real number of COVID-19 deaths in Africa

The Suspicion Surrounding COVID-19 in Tanzania

In Tanzania election, COVID-19 denialism an 'excuse to clamp down' on dissent

Tanzania’s President Says Country Is Virus Free. Others Warn of Disaster

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I finally took five minutes to search on Covid news from Tanzania today. Based on incomplete data and denialism occurring in the country, I don't know how anyone can reach the conclusion that Covid is not a problem there. See the links below as just a few of the examples:

Tanzania hiding true number of Covid deaths, opposition says
Secret burials, overflowing hospitals and dead MPs, as president takes refuge in home village

Why we don’t know the real number of COVID-19 deaths in Africa

The Suspicion Surrounding COVID-19 in Tanzania

In Tanzania election, COVID-19 denialism an 'excuse to clamp down' on dissent

Tanzania’s President Says Country Is Virus Free. Others Warn of Disaster
You posted old articles that warned of a disaster (what is new, we have seen that every single day) with no proof and no follow up. Give me a break, you are just proving my point. If there was any evidence it would have shown up by now but the "oppressed" people from Tanzania and Ghana, including the tourists seem to be a lot happier than you would like them to be. I always sensed a bit of jealously from those that cannot imagine a normal life any more. I see people happy, you are talking about oppression. Why everything has to be political for you?

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
More proof of the dire situation in Ghana without lockdowns.
Without lockdowns? Ghana had a strict lockdown and has since implemented tighter restrictions than anything we have here. The penalty for not wearing a mask in Ghana is up to 10 years in prison. Unlike Tanzania, Ghana is taking this seriously.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Without lockdowns? Ghana had a strict lockdown and has since implemented tighter restrictions than anything we have here. The penalty for not wearing a mask in Ghana is up to 10 years in prison. Unlike Tanzania, Ghana is taking this seriously.
Wow, stricter lockdowns than anything you have! It must be true if you say it ;)

Please tell me if you have any evidence that the girls at this bachelorette party have been sent to jail (for 10 years no less). And if they are so afraid of the virus and of the jail how come they posted their video online and it has been there for a month?

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, stricter lockdowns than anything you have! It must be true if you say it ;)

Please tell me if you have any evidence that the girls at this bachelorette party have been sent to jail (for 10 years no less). And if they are so afraid of the virus and of the jail how come they posted their video online and it has been there for a month?

Oh my friend, we are the USA. We will not be outdone by Gambia or Tanzania. This is how we celebrate New Years;

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

shocking news (to @cman). People are partying in Ghana without masks and they are not being sent to jail!

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh my friend, we are the USA. We will not be outdone by Gambia or Tanzania. This is how we celebrate New Years;

I will be honest, in abstract I would rather be in Accra with the "stricter" rules. But the point is not what the US is doing, rather I wanted to shed a light on the "tight" restrictions in Ghana you mentioned.

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
shocking news (to @cman). People are partying in Ghana without masks and they are not being sent to jail!

More shocking news. MORE people are partying in the USA and nobody really cares. We've effectively been close to normal for months. As a Canadian, I'm not sure what you're hearing, but for most of the USA, we locked down for a few weeks in the spring then put in place some targeted restrictions and mask requirements. There are only 3 states with stay at home orders or curfews in place, the rest of the country is open for business. I get the feeling that you think we're hunkered down in our basements or something when the opposite is the case.

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
More shocking news. MORE people are partying in the USA and nobody really cares. We've effectively been close to normal for months.
I do not know that, you are in a better position to judge. In Canada we have enforced the rules pretty well (I believe) and the numbers kept on going up, I feel there is no reward for good behaviour.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Covid devastation in Tanzania is starting to show ;)

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
More updates about Tanzania. The lack of info is concerning, yet there is sufficient for more sources to state that Tanzania simply denies they have any infection while others are preventing them from entering their country. This simply adds more reason to question anyone who suggests things are fine in Tanzania and discount their opinion on other matters, as well, since without evidence to the contrary it would be rather remarkable for Tanzania to not have a widespread C19 infection.

Jan 22:
Tanzania’s policy towards Covid-19 has been to deny it

Jan 21:
UK bans travelers from Tanzania

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
More updates about Tanzania. The lack of info is concerning, yet there is sufficient for more sources to state that Tanzania simply denies they have any infection while others are preventing them from entering their country. This simply adds more reason to question anyone who suggests things are fine in Tanzania and discount their opinion on other matters, as well, since without evidence to the contrary it would be rather remarkable for Tanzania to not have a widespread C19 infection.

Jan 22:
Tanzania’s policy towards Covid-19 has been to deny it

Jan 21:
UK bans travelers from Tanzania

Though you have posted similar comments before, it seems you are still confused about this. I respectfully suggest that you research this issue yourself, since I believe we have previously answered these questions on TUG and yet you continue to bring them up ;) .

How many other African countries are on the UK travel ban? Why was each country banned? Can we know the details and what they mean to you? Where are all those hospitals full of patients and the bursting morgues that were supposed to happen (based on the articles you posted before)? I genuinely thought you found them! All you are posting is really bla bla.

Last edited:

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Though you have posted similar comments before, it seems you are still confused about this. I respectfully suggest that you research this issue yourself, since I believe we have previously answered these questions on TUG and yet you continue to bring them up ;) .

How many other African countries are on the UK travel ban? Why was each country banned? Can we know the details and what they mean to you? Where are all those hospitals full of patients and the bursting morgues that were supposed to happen (based on the articles you posted before)? I genuinely thought you found them! All you are posting is really bla bla.
You crack me up and we owe you a gratitude of thanks. Without you, we would have never known of the international conspiracy to fake the test results, inflate the causes of these deaths and fabricate the death count of 400K+ American deaths. Thank you for shedding light on this international conspiracy that our doctors, nurses and public health officials perpetuated upon us. Not sure how they pulled it off, but somehow, these dedicated people decided to enter into a conspiracy with their foreign counterparts and inflate the number of cases and deaths in an effort to scurry us into a panic. Sadly they prevailed. My guess is that it took them years to plan it. They had to shed their oaths, morals and obligations to pull this off, but they successfully orchestrated the big lie in concert with every country on earth. Not sure how they did it, but we need to get to the bottom of it.

Thank God for your wisdom and insight. Now we know that the tests results are fake. The number of deaths are also fake, and this whole thing is nothing but a hoax. We would never have found our way without you. You are our hero. LOL!

You are hilarious.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
You crack me up and we owe you a gratitude of thanks. Without you, we would have never known of the international conspiracy to fake the test results, inflate the causes of these deaths and fabricate the death count of 400K+ American deaths. Thank you for shedding light on this international conspiracy that our doctors, nurses and public health officials perpetuated upon us. Not sure how they pulled it off, but somehow, these dedicated people decided to enter into a conspiracy with their foreign counterparts and inflate the number of cases and deaths in an effort to scurry us into a panic. Sadly they prevailed. My guess is that it took them years to plan it. They had to shed their oaths, morals and obligations to pull this off, but they successfully orchestrated the big lie in concert with every country on earth. Not sure how they did it, but we need to get to the bottom of it.

Thank God for your wisdom and insight. Now we know that the tests results are fake. The number of deaths are also fake, and this whole thing is nothing but a hoax. We would never have found our way without you. You are our hero. LOL!

You are hilarious.
In other threads you had a chance to explain about the over sensitivity of the tests, how the Covid deaths are registered, about the correlation (or the lack of) between mitigation measures and the rise of new cases and deaths, about the lockdown effects on people's health etc. Your answers have always come up very short IMO. You can still do it in those threads if you think you have better answers now.

Because this thread is about Tanzania and Ghana, can I understand from your comment that the combined 91 million people in those countries are complicit in hiding the body bags and the bursting hospitals from you? Are all the Western tourist, the Western nationals working for International corporations as well as the diplomatic staff from around the world also complicit?

This is an example of a person that chose to break the silence. Viewer discretion advised, the video is like a horror movie. Life seems to be normal at the beginning until people start to disappear or get sick and die. You don't even have to watch the whole video towards the end, if it is too much for you to take. You listen to the soundtrack and it is more than enought to know what is going on there. The invisible hand of Covid is doing what would have done here, just that we avoided it because of all the measures ;)

One more thing about the video, did you see those kids singing "the school is good"? Let's not be fooled by it, they are paid actors. Too bad they are going back to empty homes, for sure many of their parents and grandparents have already died from Covid and many yet are on the chopping block.

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
@cman If you are indeed interested in the International coordination you can have at look at the WHO plan published February 13th, 2020, (initially February 4th). As you can imagine, this had likely been designed well in advance before it was published, these bureaucratic bodies do not move paper overnight. Remember, WHO only declared Covid a pandemic 40 days later. I am especially curious about your take concerning governments identifying local networks, social media, local influencers etc., even religious leaders. How exactly does that actually happen? Now we know why the official message got through while anybody questioning it got crushed, including medical professionals.

If I am not mistaken, 194 countries signed a treaty to uphold the measures put forward by the WHO. I am not saying this is good or bad in theory if it has to be some coordinated response in case of a real threat but you have to see why the response has been so similar everywhere (including the media response). I have friends in many countries and last spring they all went into similar lock-downs almost at the same time using the same (in some cases) unverified information, like the virus was 10 times more deadly than the flu. Good or bad, testing protocols (including the number of amplifications), case definitions, the guidelines for classification of C-19 deaths and everything else are the same in all these countries so if there is a problem in one place with the data, there is a problem everywhere.

I know you like the word "conspiracy" and I will not deprive you from the euphoric pleasure to using it. But good or bad, there is no conspiracy here since it has always been in plain sight and coordinated, as planed.

1611582798887.png

1611581788264.png

1611585359312.png

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Jan 28:
Tanzania's President Criticized for Dismissing COVID-19 Vaccines

Jan 29:
Tanzania’s president claims God is protecting country from Covid, but church disagrees
Populist president John Magufuli has also branded vaccines 'inappropriate’

Tanzania's president says God has eliminated Covid-19 in his country. His own church now begs to differ.
From the local Catholic authority warning this week of a new wave of coronavirus infections, to government institutions now requiring staffers to take precautions, populist President John Magufuli is being openly questioned as the African continent fights a strong resurgence in cases and deaths.

Feb 1:
Tanzania does not have plans to procure Covid-19 vaccine

Feb 1:
Zanzibar’s first Vice President Maalim Seif hospitalised after claims of testing positive for Covid-19

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jan 28:
Tanzania's President Criticized for Dismissing COVID-19 Vaccines

Jan 29:
Tanzania’s president claims God is protecting country from Covid, but church disagrees
Populist president John Magufuli has also branded vaccines 'inappropriate’

Feb 1:
Tanzania does not have plans to procure Covid-19 vaccine

Feb 1:
Zanzibar’s first Vice President Maalim Seif hospitalised after claims of testing positive for Covid-19
4 articles, all about politics. 100% Ken.
Have a little bit of fun my friend, this is a travel forum!