• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Touring Europe with Wyndham Club Plus

yoprabhat1

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to avail 2-3 night stays at a timeshare resort in Europe in different cities when on touring Europe. I was hoping the PlusPartners program (assuming you can even get onto that after buying points resale; not sure) from CW would allow me to make nightlty bookings rather than full weeks, but unfortunately, seems like that is only available at resorts within North and South Americas, not Europe. So I guess, for Europe, you are just stuck with full week stays.

Does anyone have any experience in making this happen through CW or perhaps some other timeshare program? Any advice would be welcome. Thanks!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a resale owner, your only option in RCI will be full weeks, unfortunately.

Because someone will rightly point it out, I should add that there are some resort codes for 3, 4, or 5 night stays, but I'm not sure you will find any of those in Europe.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Resale accounts are not enrolled in PlusPartners.

... unless they are in a hybrid account that includes any developer contracts.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Does anyone know of a way to avail 2-3 night stays at a timeshare resort in Europe in different cities when on touring Europe. I was hoping the PlusPartners program (assuming you can even get onto that after buying points resale; not sure) from CW would allow me to make nightlty bookings rather than full weeks, but unfortunately, seems like that is only available at resorts within North and South Americas, not Europe. So I guess, for Europe, you are just stuck with full week stays.

Does anyone have any experience in making this happen through CW or perhaps some other timeshare program? Any advice would be welcome. Thanks!

You might look into SFX European Escapes program. It's hotel stays at half board rather than TS, though - I haven't tried it yet myself.

yoprabhat1

Reaction score
So then if my conclusion is correct the only way to book resorts/TS in Europe would be to either exchange full week using RCI with CW points, or using RCI last call to buy a full week (which only offers a 45 day booking window before check in, and I assume would only comprise unwanted/not-so-popular inventory)?

Anyone aware if some other TS program allows resort bookings for Europe for less than a week (or perhaps has directly owned resorts in Europe, so as not to have to go through RCI)?

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You really are asking about a near impossible way to make use of a timeshare ownership. Much has been written here about European timeshare exchages.
Personally, a few years back I strung together 3 weeklong stays -- with a few hotel nights inbetween. I booked Switzerland, Spain and France.All timeshares were located outside of any large towns.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to avail 2-3 night stays at a timeshare resort in Europe in different cities when on touring Europe.
I think you will find extremely limited timeshare availability in European cities. Europeans live in the cities, so they vacation (holiday) out in the countryside. What you are asking is (imo) a near impossibility. The caveat here is that I'm not familiar with whether Wyndham is associated with European hotel group(s) and if they allow your Club access to those associated hotels.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I were going to go to Europe regularly (every year or every other year), I’d look into Hapimag. There are a handful of TUGgers here who have memberships there, and they all have very good things to say about it. It is not cheap (even resale) but it has a number of in-city locations in addition to the “usual” out-in-the-country EU timeshare model.

If I were doing this once, or once every many years, I’d just pay cash as I went. Timeshares are not the solution to every problem.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
There is an "in town" apartment via RCI in Budapest that you can get for a week, and I believe shorter stays. This is the only time-share in all of Hungary that is in a city. The rest are by their big vacation lake. As mentioned above, MOST European time-shares are out in the country...think ski chalet, etc. Short-term time share rentals are rare.

For what it is worth, there are Wyndham affiliated hotels in Europe. I've used the Super 8 in Munich which is way better than Super 8's in the US. The Ramada Inn in Europe is also a respectable brand, and I have stayed at one in London. Microtel is a reasonable hotel brand that is not too expensive and is found in a lot of places.

I typically do not stay in hotels but in short-term apartment rentals (Check-in Munich, Air BnB, etc.) I like to cook, and I typically am there for work for several weeks, so this works well. There are also college dorm rentals during the off season. This might not be your cup of tea, but I'm a professor and am happy to stay near my campus or archive. The London School of Economics is great and have several locations, including some larger apartments. The University of Salzburg/Mozarteum also has rentals with kitchen access in the hall but it is a bit more like a dorm.

Have fun in Europe!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I don't think using Wyndham points for Europe is your best option. I'd recommend buying something at a resort that gives you an RCI points account or an II, Interval International, account.