• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Totally Free Westin Regina, Los Cabos, Cancun, Puerto Vallarta

stevepippy

Reaction score
Awesome 1 bedroom suite, separate master, on other side is the kitchen, living area balcony etc.
This is a red open week, not fixed, use it pretty much anytime of the year. 1 Week per year, but can be extended extra days for a nominal fee. (pending availability)
Can be used at any of the 3 resorts in Los Cabos, Cancun or Puerto Vallarta.
Annual M/F is $1100.
Its a big 1 bedroom!!! not a hotel room. Very luxurious.
It has not been used for 2015, but time is running out.
I will even pay the $499 transfer fee, giving you full ownership.
I have not been able to use it for 3 years now. We spend our time with kids and out on our boat now for vacation.
We loved going there, its first class for sure.
Los Cabos is incredible, Cancun has awesome beaches, and Puerto Vallarta is fantastic.
I believe there are 10 or so years left on it.
I have the transfer documents on hand, ready for transfer.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is a very nice offer, but I know someone will ask, so just want to clarify one thing:

This timeshare is not in the Starwood Vacation Network.

stevepippy

Reaction score
Its part of Raintree Vacation Club...or that's what it says on the documents. I only ever stayed at the 3 resorts, so, honestly I am not sure what the Starwood Vacation Club is....sorry...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Your Ad is fine - because "Westin" is in the name, sometimes people assume that it is part of the Starwood group.

glmyers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck finding a taker.

Its part of Raintree Vacation Club...or that's what it says on the documents. I only ever stayed at the 3 resorts, so, honestly I am not sure what the Starwood Vacation Club is....sorry...

I would not have made the connection either, but now that it was brought up I do see where some who are lazy about doing any research on their own might.

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your Ad is fine - because "Westin" is in the name, sometimes people assume that it is part of the Starwood group.

It's a logical assumption considering the name. Why isn't this part of the SVN?

Also, is it safe to assume that the Cancun property is NOT Westin Lagunamar?

stevepippy

Reaction score
The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos

I am not sure, I bought this 2nd hand 10 years ago, it definitely is the The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos, google it on the website it shows it is part of the Starwood Group (ON THAT WEBSITE). Then Google Club Regina and you can see its the same resort, but under Raintree Vacation Club.
I wish I could give you more info as to why its not part of Strarwood, I have never inquired, I just liked the choice of Cabo, Cancun, and Puerto Vallarta.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's a logical assumption considering the name. Why isn't this part of the SVN?

Also, is it safe to assume that the Cancun property is NOT Westin Lagunamar?

Starwood manages a lot of properties that are not in the SVN. This is not Westin Lagunamar.

DonnaD

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
Club Regina is not Starwood

There are two types of membership. One is Club Regina which provides access to the Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, or Los Cabos resorts only. Club Regina became part of Raintree Vacation Club which offers quite a few different resorts. Most Club Regina memberships expire in 2026.

Raintree memberships expire in 2046. You need to look at your contract or call member services to find out what you own.

We are Raintree members. If I can help you figure out what you have, let me know. We are at Club Regina Cancun until Tuesday morning.
Donna D

stevepippy

Reaction score
Yes, Thank You Donna, I appreciate your information.
Just contacted Member Services and it does expire in 2026
So, 10 years remaining as of next year.
Enjoy Cancun!!! I loved it there!!!

DonnaD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
Club Regina is not Starwood

You might want to check on reservation restrictions too. Your membership may limit check in days to Saturday or Sundays, as I recall.

ChrisBinPA

Reaction score
upgrade

Is it possible to get an upgrade to a bigger room? I have a family of 4 not sure the studio/1Br would be big enough? Thank You

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
As an owner of Raintree, perhaps this will help. The Raintree units are in a separate set of buildings next to the Westin Hotels in Mexico. There used to be a much closer connection between Wesitn and Raintree but in recent years it has changed to a more loose affiliation.

When I was at Raintree in Puerto Vallarta, we got discounts at The Westin restaurants and that was about it. In previous years, the huge pool complex was shared, you could use either beach, the recreation complex was accessible, I believe for free, and basically, it was just different rooms with everything else shared.

So even if the name is Raintree at the Westin, that really only means the physical location and not a connection to Starwood.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You might want to check on reservation restrictions too. Your membership may limit check in days to Saturday or Sundays, as I recall.

It also might not allow reservations during Christmas week, New Years Week, and the Holy Weeks (the week before and the week after Easter Sunday). Those were sold as premium weeks

In the old Club Regina system there were three categories of ownership. The premium allowed reservations during the weeks as described above - those ownerships might have been restricted to using only those weeks. The there were owners who could reserve any week but the reserved weeks. Finally there were the owners who could only reserve during off-season.