• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tolik2001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Guys I just bought Peak 7 and GTL in Breck. I ski every other week. I would like to buy more resales for skiing. What is great value for skiing in Colorado or Utah in terms of maintenance vs rent, ski in ski out, upkeep, et. What is the great hack for buck?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I would focus on where I want to ski. If it were me -- and if I wanted to stay at a timeshare while skiing -- I would look at places in Snowbird, UT.

I would also be mindful of places with interchangeable seasons' passes with Breck.

ymmv

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is great value for skiing in Colorado or Utah in terms of maintenance vs rent, ski in ski out, upkeep, et.

When you mention "maintenance vs rent" it makes me question, are you buying this to use or are you buying this to make money on rentals?

Because, I think in renting, people are looking for accommodations that are family-friendly with lots of amenities and are as close to ski in/ski out as possible. But for me as an avid skier, I know those amenities come with higher maintenance fees and I'm willing to let go of some of them go to have a lower per night cost.

So I would say that the two Breckenridge Grand Vacations locations that you bought are going to be good rentals depending upon the weeks you offer them for rent. In Park City, Utah, the Marriott Mountainside is also a sought after rental, but it's MFs are fairly high, because it has top notch facilities and amenities.

Tolik2001

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you mention "maintenance vs rent" it makes me question, are you buying this to use or are you buying this to make money on rentals?

Because, I think in renting, people are looking for accommodations that are family-friendly with lots of amenities and are as close to ski in/ski out as possible. But for me as an avid skier, I know those amenities come with higher maintenance fees and I'm willing to let go of some of them go to have a lower per night cost.

So I would say that the two Breckenridge Grand Vacations locations that you bought are going to be good rentals depending upon the weeks you offer them for rent. In Park City, Utah, the Marriott Mountainside is also a sought after rental, but it's MFs are fairly high, because it has top notch facilities and amenities.
I ski often solo but value luxury accommodations. Marriot in park city nice but it’s cheaper to rent for me then buy. Peak 7 at Breck is cheaper to buy but it’s difficult to find a great deal. Few of my buys didn’t go through because resort chose to buy it themself. Also looking for value recommendation since it’s nice to be able to trade it in the future. Not just interested in renting it and making money

Tolik2001

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would focus on where I want to ski. If it were me -- and if I wanted to stay at a timeshare while skiing -- I would look at places in Snowbird, UT.

I would also be mindful of places with interchangeable seasons' passes with Breck.

ymmv
Any specific timeshare u can recomend?

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you're going on a solo trip, have you thought about just using the lock-off portion of your 2 bedroom timeshare and renting the larger side? That would be a cost-saving hack.

In February I stayed in the Westgate Canyons timeshare for the first time and their studio unit was laid out more efficiently than most Marriott timeshare studios. The studio had its own bedroom and separate living room/kitchenette area. I thought about how livable that studio was compared to my Summit Watch unit's studio. It would suffice as a livable base for a ski trip. It also was a good location in the Canyons village, though I much prefer being downtown.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Any specific timeshare u can recomend?
At Snowbird, both the Cliff Lodge and the Iron Blosam are very good for differing reasons. Cliff Lodge is upscale with a number of amenities and is ski-in/out. Iron Blosam is less expensive and walk to lifts. It is also fixed week so you don't have to worry about a lottery system to know what weeks you will be getting each year. Best of all, it is at Snowbird with some of the best snow and skiing on earth!

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you like Vail, I think the Marriott Streamside Douglas and Evergreen are good choices and they just had a major renovation. A notch down would be Sandstone Creek Club and a notch down from that would be Eagle Point, which has very reasonable maintenance fees. The Wren is in Vail Village and is not quite as nice as Sandstone CC. For Avon/Beaver Creek, the Sheraton Mountain Vista and Sheraton Lakeside Terrace are very nice and reasonably priced. None of these are ski in / ski out but the Vail resorts have private shuttles to the lifts and Avon resorts are on the free bus line to the lifts and are only 3 blocks from the Riverfront gondola. The Westin Riverfront is at the gondola but upfront cost is probably 5x the Sheratons.