• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Toddler escapes daycare, found soaking wet in freezing weather on tricycle in middle of busy street

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
A story from my childhood, when I was between two and three years old. That was too young for me to remember, so I know of this only through family lore.

I'm the youngest of four. The oldest, one my sisters, is eight years older than me, so she was about 11 years old. She was tasked with watching me while my parents were somewhere else.

The house we lived in was two blocks from some railroad tracks. Apparently I was fascinated by trains and the trains could be seen from our house. As you should be able to surmise at this point, when my sister wasn't paying attention, I wandered over to the railroad tracks, and started walking down the tracks.

My sister was panicking. My parents returned home and were panicking. They started searching. They called neighbors and and asked for help searching. They called the police department. A policeman finally sighted me, almost nine blocks away and still following the train tracks.

Fortunately this the rail line was just a small spur line that didn't run trains more than a couple of times per day. I'm 68, so my sister is now 76. She still vividly recalls the scolding she got that day. But to my parent's credit, they recognized that as a learning lesson for her and continued to have her take care of me (and my older siblings) when they needed a babysitter. To this day she and I have a special bond between that I think was forged in those times when she was my babysitter.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
Yikes! I have special door knobs and alarms on our doors to keep the grand kids corralled.

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
My parents were the most attentive and concerned parents in 1950 and throughout their lives, but:

We had just moved to San Diego and lived in a cute bungalow on Catalina Blvd, the main road down Point Loma. I was somewhere between one and two years old. My parents were hosting a meet-the-neighbors part when the lady living across the street brought me to our own front door.

She had been looking out her front window, across the street, and into our partying living room, when she noticed me (what, 30 inches tall?) walk out the back door, which someone had left open. She dashed across the street, down the block, into the alley, and collared me there.

A few years later, back in Connecticut, I managed to go exploring the small creek behind our house., and came home wet. Then there was the time I stepped on the bee's nest while out exploring. Apparently the urge to travel is developed early in life.