• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Today household debate - glasses/cups upright or upside down

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
At my house, I am the one who loads and unloads the dishwasher. Other people, (whether by design or lack of brain cells), just do it wrong. I can pack in twice as many dishes, correctly loaded, and have them come out clean as you'd want, compared with anybody else who loads them haphazardly, and gets spotty results.

Dave
Even when other people load the dishwasher I find myself reloading it. :rolleyes:

Kel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Always up. In timeshare units we wash all the dishes and kitchen items we are going to use and the rule is the clean glasses and cups are up.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
At my house, I am the one who loads and unloads the dishwasher. Other people, (whether by design or lack of brain cells), just do it wrong. I can pack in twice as many dishes, correctly loaded, and have them come out clean as you'd want, compared with anybody else who loads them haphazardly, and gets spotty results.
So, uh, now that you are doing the kitchen remodel, are you going to be the one to take the dishes to the bathroom sink and wash them? And you'll soon have a new dishwasher to learn to load the max out of.

We had a dinner party about the first of the year. and our dishwasher chose THAT DAY to roll craps. We were without it darn near a month- only 2 weeks of which we were in Mexico and didn't care.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark

:)

Dave

Cliff thinks I'm a terrible dishwasher loader. No, I've just learned after 36 years that he is going to rearrange them anyway, so I just drop stuff in willly nilly knowing he'll move it. I have to tell every grocery bagger not to take it personally when he rebags stuff.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
...But since I both the loader and unloader, I can do what I want.

As long as the dishes make it to and in the dishwasher, the wife is overjoyed!

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Yup. But not as much as Ray misses Tom.

So many Saturday mornings spent listening to two guys laugh for most of 60 minutes.....My kids did not get it at first, but eventually they did. Especially when the mom called whose son wanted to buy the ice cream truck...one of many occasions where I almost had to pull off the road due to excessive laughter.

Last edited:

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I have the answer. Most of our everyday glasses come from brewery glasses given away at local tastings. I think I have well over 100 branded glasses. Most of them are bigger on top so to get more in the cabinet we alternate one up and one down. The glasses on display are up. The ones waiting to go to the thrift store are in the who cares mode.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
So, uh, now that you are doing the kitchen remodel, are you going to be the one to take the dishes to the bathroom sink and wash them? And you'll soon have a new dishwasher to learn to load the max out of.

We had a dinner party about the first of the year. and our dishwasher chose THAT DAY to roll craps. We were without it darn near a month- only 2 weeks of which we were in Mexico and didn't care.

Luckily, my kitchen remodel was seven years ago. But even after all this time, I'm discovering needless items in the back of cabinets that I KNOW were completely emptied at the time. So SOMEBODY (not me) put things back during the reload. The best answer I get to the question "WHY???" is "Someday we might use that." We haven't used it in all these years, but SOMEDAY we might???

And then I get THE LOOK.

<sigh> "Yes, Dear."

Dave :)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Luckily, my kitchen remodel was seven years ago. But even after all this time, I'm discovering needless items in the back of cabinets that I KNOW were completely emptied at the time. So SOMEBODY (not me) put things back during the reload. The best answer I get to the question "WHY???" is "Someday we might use that." We haven't used it in all these years, but SOMEDAY we might???

And then I get THE LOOK.

<sigh> "Yes, Dear."
Story of my life -- you have company. ;)

Kurt

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My spouse is the dishwasher loader/unloader. His favorite line? "Hell is other people... loading your dishwasher."

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

Come to think of it, I'm also the one who loads the car for family outings, the moving van whenever we have moved to a new house, and suitcases in the trunk when we're headed for the airport. Others around me, for as much as they mean to me, just do not get it. I can't tell you how many times I'll finish packing or loading something, making "ten pounds fit into a five pound sack", and I hear, "How did you DO that?" I can't explain it, I just know what goes where. Too many years of living out of a suitcase, I think. :)

Dave
Apparently my "uncle" John (not really my uncle), has a SYSTEM for loading the dishwasher. No one is capable of loading it his way so it is his job. Last year I was at their house after a huge family party and before we left, everyone was pitching in and cleaning up. I chose to load the dishwasher. I noticed some side-eye glances from others but didn't understand the significance. I loaded it, put the detergent in and started it running. Then I moved on to something else. At this point people's mouth's were hanging open. I dismissed it and kept going. I was tired and wanted to go home so I was in cleanup overdrive. The next day I found out about the SYSTEM. Apparently I am the first person *ever* who was allowed to load and run the dishwasher, lolol. I guess that he was too afraid to stop me and I was in the zone. I am now somewhat famous in the family. :D

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Apparently my "uncle" John (not really my uncle), has a SYSTEM for loading the dishwasher. No one is capable of loading it his way so it is his job. Last year I was at their house after a huge family party and before we left, everyone was pitching in and cleaning up. I chose to load the dishwasher. I noticed some side-eye glances from others but didn't understand the significance. I loaded it, put the detergent in and started it running. Then I moved on to something else. At this point people's mouth's were hanging open. I dismissed it and kept going. I was tired and wanted to go home so I was in cleanup overdrive. The next day I found out about the SYSTEM. Apparently I am the first person *ever* who was allowed to load and run the dishwasher, lolol. I guess that he was too afraid to stop me and I was in the zone. I am now somewhat famous in the family. :D

Chances are, if it was his house, after that cycle was done, he reloaded it his way, and washed things again. :)

Dave

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
Always bottom down in our kitchen. I thought it was TS idea to store cups and glasses up side down. LOL.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Luckily, my kitchen remodel was seven years ago. But even after all this time, I'm discovering needless items in the back of cabinets that I KNOW were completely emptied at the time. So SOMEBODY (not me) put things back during the reload.

With our old kitchen, some of our stuff would have to be stored in the garage, from whence it would surreptitiously disappear. Our new kitchen, however, will have many more cabinets, and thus enhance DW's opportunity to hang onto stuff. One row will feature glass inserts to display stuff. :doh: