• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

? to selling my timeshare and TS companies to use

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Lodge on Peak7 Breckenridge
Has anyone used Bay Tree Solutions Inc to sell their timeshare? The developer of my TimeShare ownership pointed me to this company as a more ethical ones as well as Redweek.

Unlike having a inexpensive TS Week, we purchased the premium week 52, new years, at the Grand Lodge on Peak 7 Breckenridge for the rental income and the perks. For the purpose of Renting and using the owner perks. And have successfully rented every year at $1400/night. A 2BR (Sleeps 8), larger corner unit than the others rooms in the lodge, ADA friendly, view of the valley, sunny side, view of the fireworks from the porch, etc. Do to financial needs we are wanting to sell off one or both of the units in then 2 BR Deeded Time Share. According to the developer, Grand Lodge on Peak 7 Sales group, they said (as the developer) that the current selling price for that 2BR unit is $219,706K (and of course includes their added perks outside of our week for that value). (All club benefits are transferable and valid during the week of purchase)
Or we could split up the 2BR into the two separate unties being a Matter Residence 1BR and a Suite Residence 1BR. The Master 1BR current sales value is $156,710k: and Suite residence unite $97k Obviously that is the developer price is with their extra perks/incentives.

Bay Tree Solutions inc have a flat advertising fee ($1,600.00) until sold. and even offered to sell off together or individually for that one fee. No other closing fees or commission fees and they offer financing to the buyer. Is this a reasonable fee? It appears to be a good price as its a flat fee until sold but are the expectations of selling realistic? They don't charge any commission or sales fee.

Bay Tree Solutions said they list at 20% blow the lowest value.

We know we have a very specific target market since we chose to buy the most expensive week and we did so because it always rents out ($1200-$1400/night) and we have been successful at renting that week for several years now. Can we have expectations to get a good price for our unit, since the buyer would likely be someone who wanted that specific week either to rent or use and most likely someone who is researching just after being sold a unit from the developer to see if they may be a better deal during their 3 day cancellation policy? We are trying to get some hopeful but mostly real expectations.

thanks,
John

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Most people don't look at Bay Tree solutions because the listings are 300-1000 times higher than other websites. Redweek would be just as good if not better especially for high end units. Did Bay Tree give you an estimate?
Keep in mind if you bought from the developer not all the perks that you enjoy will transfer to the buyer and you will need to try to verify exactly what will transfer and ideally get it in writing from Grand Lodge. Off the top of my head I doubt you will find a buyer over $17,000-$45,000. If you own a lockoff you can't sell them as two different units. Your best bet would probably be to find a specialty reseller in Colorado that speciallizes in high end properties. Who do you rent it at $1400 per night? That may be the place to advertise the sale.

If you can get $9800 minus your MF's per year in rent, you may want to just keep it.

edit- I took a look at Redweek and there is a similar week 51 listed around $89,000 but that doesn't mean it will sell that high. The upper end might be around $65,000 but at that price it will probably take several months to several years to find a buyer.

Last edited:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Bay Tree Solutions doesn’t help you sell your timeshare. They are simply a website where they would place your timeshare ad and they are going to charge a significant upfront fee for the ad. Once they have the fee they have zero incentive to do anything more because anything they do will take away from pursuing new upfront fees.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a RE Company in Breckenridge that handles TimeShare Weeks. Many years ago I had great success with such a company on Hilton Head Island....

George

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Most people don't look at Bay Tree solutions because the listings are 300-1000 times higher than other websites. Redweek would be just as good if not better especially for high end units. Did Bay Tree give you an estimate?
Keep in mind if you bought from the developer not all the perks that you enjoy will transfer to the buyer and you will need to try to verify exactly what will transfer and ideally get it in writing from Grand Lodge. Off the top of my head I doubt you will find a buyer over $17,000-$45,000. If you own a lockoff you can't sell them as two different units. Your best bet would probably be to find a specialty reseller in Colorado that speciallizes in high end properties. Who do you rent it at $1400 per night? That may be the place to advertise the sale.

If you can get $9800 minus your MF's per year in rent, you may want to just keep it.

edit- I took a look at Redweek and there is a similar week 51 listed around $89,000 but that doesn't mean it will sell that high. The upper end might be around $65,000 but at that price it will probably take several months to several years to find a buyer.

I think redweek has a sales commission of 8%. I was under the impression that Bay Tree just had their advertising cost. If I sell through TUG or elsewhere who do I contact for Deed transfer and title change and handling a large transaction? suggestions?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
215K for one week!?
Has anyone used Bay Tree Solutions Inc to sell their timeshare? The developer of my TimeShare ownership pointed me to this company as a more ethical ones as well as Redweek.

Unlike having a inexpensive TS Week, we purchased the premium week 52, new years, at the Grand Lodge on Peak 7 Breckenridge for the rental income and the perks. For the purpose of Renting and using the owner perks. And have successfully rented every year at $1400/night. A 2BR (Sleeps 8), larger corner unit than the others rooms in the lodge, ADA friendly, view of the valley, sunny side, view of the fireworks from the porch, etc. Do to financial needs we are wanting to sell off one or both of the units in then 2 BR Deeded Time Share. According to the developer, Grand Lodge on Peak 7 Sales group, they said (as the developer) that the current selling price for that 2BR unit is $219,706K (and of course includes their added perks outside of our week for that value). (All club benefits are transferable and valid during the week of purchase)
Or we could split up the 2BR into the two separate unties being a Matter Residence 1BR and a Suite Residence 1BR. The Master 1BR current sales value is $156,710k: and Suite residence unite $97k Obviously that is the developer price is with their extra perks/incentives.

Bay Tree Solutions inc have a flat advertising fee ($1,600.00) until sold. and even offered to sell off together or individually for that one fee. No other closing fees or commission fees and they offer financing to the buyer. Is this a reasonable fee? It appears to be a good price as its a flat fee until sold but are the expectations of selling realistic? They don't charge any commission or sales fee.

Bay Tree Solutions said they list at 20% blow the lowest value.

We know we have a very specific target market since we chose to buy the most expensive week and we did so because it always rents out ($1200-$1400/night) and we have been successful at renting that week for several years now. Can we have expectations to get a good price for our unit, since the buyer would likely be someone who wanted that specific week either to rent or use and most likely someone who is researching just after being sold a unit from the developer to see if they may be a better deal during their 3 day cancellation policy? We are trying to get some hopeful but mostly real expectations.

thanks,
John
I contacted someone on bay tree. It must have been listed for a long time because he had no idea what I was talking about when I contacted them. They were also trying to sell a unit for 9K and would not budge on price. I ended up buying the same type of unit on eBay for 600. I’ve never bothered looking at bay tree ever again. Not sure many others do as well.

the listings are kind hilarious on bay tree. Worse than SMTN. Units people beg to get of are listed for $14,000

Last edited:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Bay Tree is no different than any other advertising listing company. Their business model is predicated on collecting upfront fees. They have no intention of providing truth to owners as to the true value of their timeshare. If the owner thinks their timeshare has significant value that works to Bay Tree’s advantage because the owner may be less worried about the cost of the upfront fee. Paying $1,600 upfront thinking you are going to get $30,000 in the sale is a lot easier to swallow than paying $1,600 for a timeshare that may be worth $5,000, or likely more accurate, worth nothing.

Since Bay Tree makes nothing after the upfront fee they have no incentive to do more “work” for free. In fact, I think all those high priced listings sitting on the website unsold helps them collect more upfront fees as they can say “look at all the customers that trust us and look at the sale price you can expect!”

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think redweek has a sales commission of 8%. I was under the impression that Bay Tree just had their advertising cost. If I sell through TUG or elsewhere who do I contact for Deed transfer and title change and handling a large transaction? suggestions?
You can list on redweek without going for the full service and only pay the membership fee and the listing fee which should be under $80 or so.
Many here on TUG do not recommend the full service for selling or buying because the brokers don't seem particularly invested and questions just end up having to go from the broker to the owner so it takes longer to get questions answered.

For a higher ticket sale you probably want to either let the buyer pick the closing company or maybe have one in mind in case they have no clue where to start but make sure that the closing include escrow and title insurance if the buyer wants those things.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

Interestingly enough, it looks like the week 51 was just reduced to $65,000. Must have been someone that reads TUG!

Anyway, according to Redweek, a week 52 there has sold in the past for $125,000. Source:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Interestingly enough, it looks like the week 51 was just reduced to $65,000. Must have been someone that reads TUG!

Anyway, according to Redweek, a week 52 there has sold in the past for $125,000. Source:

And they say timeshares lose their value haha.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Frankly, I would be happy with the $8.4-9.8K each year covering my MFs and earning some profit. Looks like the MF is about $1.5K, so that's $7K per year in profit on rental or about a 4.7% ROI if you value it at $125K. Plus you can depreciate the cost to cover some of the taxes.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
being that sales are negotiated in private through redweek and many don't bother to inform redweek what they actually received for the week, I am not sure if the historical data is based on the asking price or what was actually agreed upon.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
215K for one week!?

I contacted someone on bay tree. It must have been listed for a long time because he had no idea what I was talking about when I contacted them. They were also trying to sell a unit for 9K and would not budge on price. I ended up buying the same type of unit on eBay for 600. I’ve never bothered looking at bay tree ever again. Not sure many others do as well.

the listings are kind hilarious on bay tree. Worse than SMTN. Units people beg to get of are listed for $14,000
Yes, $215 is the current developer price for that specific one week. When we purchased several years ago it was in the $160's. I imagine my real market is someone buying now from the developer and looks online to see if there is a better deal while they are in their 3 day contract period. We did buy for the positive rental income and perks.
I am wondering if Redweek does a good job in helping with the sales with their full service option. I did see the full service they take a 3% commission. Has anyone experienced the help from Redweek when it is full service?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Yes, $215 is the current developer price for that specific one week. When we purchased several years ago it was in the $160's. I imagine my real market is someone buying now from the developer and looks online to see if there is a better deal while they are in their 3 day contract period. We did buy for the positive rental income and perks.
I am wondering if Redweek does a good job in helping with the sales with their full service option. I did see the full service they take a 3% commission. Has anyone experienced the help from Redweek when it is full service?
List it yourself and don’t use their full service. See if LT transfers will handle it