• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

To possibly surrender your Vacation Village At Parkway, plead your case to them

dschroed

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if you were charged attorney, closing, and transfer fees. I had tried this route a few years ago, and was told I would have to pay those (open-ended) fees, if I wanted to pursue the request.

Meanwhile, I've been trying to sell my fixed annual week 13, 2 bed/2 bath lock-off unit for $1, paying all closing and transfer fees, plus free usage this year, and still haven't received any offers!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
a recent conversation I had with an owner had them requesting $1500 to surrender a VV ownership, although that was at the end of 2021 and likely incorporated the 2022 maint fee due.

they also requested proof of hardship be it medical/financial/etc.

gumbow719

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if you were charged attorney, closing, and transfer fees. I had tried this route a few years ago, and was told I would have to pay those (open-ended) fees, if I wanted to pursue the request.

Meanwhile, I've been trying to sell my fixed annual week 13, 2 bed/2 bath lock-off unit for $1, paying all closing and transfer fees, plus free usage this year, and still haven't received any offers!
Sorry haven't been on for a while..Paid $1500 and got out of it..Easier that way

gumbow719

TUG Member
Reaction score
a recent conversation I had with an owner had them requesting $1500 to surrender a VV ownership, although that was at the end of 2021 and likely incorporated the 2022 maint fee due.

Yes, paid $1500 and finished..

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Isn’t company sales inventory cheaper to get by accepting deedbacks than by doing new construction ?

— Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

gumbow719

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vacation Village At Parkway........I do not know about other Vacation Village timeshares..I would think they have same policy since they are all owned by the same company...Need medical reasons......to request surrendering unit...Hope this helps !!

F1or1da1

TUG Member
Reaction score

What proof did they request for medical or financial?

optlusion

Reaction score
Vacation Village At Parkway........I do not know about other Vacation Village timeshares..I would think they have same policy since they are all owned by the same company...Need medical
Actually in our case I sent Doctors diagnosis no financials just stated what my situation was..Keep in mind this was during "flu" epidemic...Good Luck !!
Actually in our case I sent Doctors diagnosis no financials just stated what my situation was..Keep in mind this was during "flu" epidemic...Good Luck !!

reasons......to request surrendering unit...Hope this helps !!
Did you use a lawyer? I have tried for 5 years thru a lawyer, have heart and lung issues but VV is being non-communicative. Any thoughts? Could having a lawyer be the problem?