• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

To possibly surrender your Vacation Village At Parkway, plead your case to them

dschroed

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if you were charged attorney, closing, and transfer fees. I had tried this route a few years ago, and was told I would have to pay those (open-ended) fees, if I wanted to pursue the request.

Meanwhile, I've been trying to sell my fixed annual week 13, 2 bed/2 bath lock-off unit for $1, paying all closing and transfer fees, plus free usage this year, and still haven't received any offers!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
a recent conversation I had with an owner had them requesting $1500 to surrender a VV ownership, although that was at the end of 2021 and likely incorporated the 2022 maint fee due.

they also requested proof of hardship be it medical/financial/etc.

gumbow719

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if you were charged attorney, closing, and transfer fees. I had tried this route a few years ago, and was told I would have to pay those (open-ended) fees, if I wanted to pursue the request.

Meanwhile, I've been trying to sell my fixed annual week 13, 2 bed/2 bath lock-off unit for $1, paying all closing and transfer fees, plus free usage this year, and still haven't received any offers!
Sorry haven't been on for a while..Paid $1500 and got out of it..Easier that way

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Isn’t company sales inventory cheaper to get by accepting deedbacks than by doing new construction ?

— Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

gumbow719

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vacation Village At Parkway........I do not know about other Vacation Village timeshares..I would think they have same policy since they are all owned by the same company...Need medical reasons......to request surrendering unit...Hope this helps !!

F1or1da1

TUG Member
Reaction score
a recent conversation I had with an owner had them requesting $1500 to surrender a VV ownership, although that was at the end of 2021 and likely incorporated the 2022 maint fee due.

they also requested proof of hardship be it medical/financial/etc.
What proof did they request for medical or financial?

optlusion

Reaction score
Vacation Village At Parkway........I do not know about other Vacation Village timeshares..I would think they have same policy since they are all owned by the same company...Need medical
Actually in our case I sent Doctors diagnosis no financials just stated what my situation was..Keep in mind this was during "flu" epidemic...Good Luck !!
Actually in our case I sent Doctors diagnosis no financials just stated what my situation was..Keep in mind this was during "flu" epidemic...Good Luck !!

reasons......to request surrendering unit...Hope this helps !!
Did you use a lawyer? I have tried for 5 years thru a lawyer, have heart and lung issues but VV is being non-communicative. Any thoughts? Could having a lawyer be the problem?

chrydrop

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village at Parkway!
@gumbow719 & @TUGBrian Can someone share the correspondence that Vacation Village sent back? What if you a delinquent balance does that affect their ruling? How long did that entire process take once the letter was sent and then taking the deed back?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
these would all be questions you would need to ask during your conversation with vacation village to negotiate the surrender or deedback.

unfortunately its very clear that they treat all of these requests separately!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you use a lawyer? I have tried for 5 years thru a lawyer, have heart and lung issues but VV is being non-communicative. Any thoughts? Could having a lawyer be the problem?
a lawyer, even a legitimate one is not likely to have any more success than doing any of this on your own. but to answer your other question yes, if you hired a "timeshare attorney" there have absolutely been reported instances where that worked against you....vs you simply trying to work with the resort yourself.

if you simply stopped paying 5 years ago chances are this would have been over and done with and any potential ding to your credit would also likely have gone away or otherwise recovered to previous scores.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany
RCI Pts VV Parkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Marriott GV
if you simply stopped paying 5 years ago chances are this would have been over and done with and any potential ding to your credit would also likely have gone away or otherwise recovered to previous scores.
I can attest to this.
I did this at Grandview which is a Vacation Village resort and nothing happened to my credit.
Yeah they called me non-stop for about a year but that's about it.
I did not have a mortgage on this though so that might make a difference.
I only owed the MFs.
I don't think they can do much if it's just MFs'.
About 5 years later I got a letter in the mail saying they foreclosed. LOL

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I can attest to this.
I did this at Grandview which is a Vacation Village resort and nothing happened to my credit.
Yeah they called me non-stop for about a year but that's about it.
I did not have a mortgage on this though so that might make a difference.
I only owed the MFs.
I don't think they can do much if it's just MFs'.
About 5 years later I got a letter in the mail saying they foreclosed. LOL
Vacation Village is not yet thinking for the rest of the owners of the properties they develop and manage. Instead of them taking the Deedback, like other developers and managers are; HGVC, Marriott, Wyndham, they are forcing owners to stop paying their maintenance. They then have to foreclose on the timeshare which costs them money. Furthermore, during the period between the time the owner stops paying their maintenance and they foreclose they can't sell the timeshare to another owner and start collecting maintenance so the other owners who are paying their maintenance at that resort have their maintenance increase to make up for the delinquent owner whi is not paying their maintenance. WAKE UP VACATION VILLAGE OR GET OUT OF THE GAME.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I didn’t realize HGVC had broad policy of letting owners surrender deeds they no longer want.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I didn’t realize HGVC had broad policy of letting owners surrender deeds they no longer want.
It may not be a broad policy since you need to have paid off the loan if you had one and be paid up on your maintenance. Also, there may be some contracts that they will not Deed Back.

VK80

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas VVR
I have mortgage fees with grandview. Do you guys still recommend to just stop paying?

gumbow719

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what I have read on other posts , I would not recommend just stopping to pay , if you have a MTGE..We did not have a Mtge and also did not just stop paying maintenance fees. I contacted them and furnished medical info that I would not be able to travel there anymore. I was contacted, surrendended deed to them and paid $1500 and we were done. That was years ago, I do not know their policy today !! Good luck